2021 Yukon AT4 No 6.2 liter not available??

Anyone know why Yukon AT4 doesn't have the 6.2 option? Seems like it should be part of the AT4 package??

1398002941_ScreenShot2020-09-26at5_57_44PM.thumb.png.86732eb91c7bfe190e885bdbc02b0492.png

AT4 is 5.3 only... 6.2 won't be an option... Neither will the 3.0 L diesel... Disappointing I know. Supposedly the AT4 unique lower fascia doesn't allow for adequate cooling with the diesel. The lack of 6.2 is likely for exclusivity for the Denali line

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

On 9/26/2020 at 6:58 PM, HW3 said:

Anyone know why Yukon AT4 doesn't have the 6.2 option? Seems like it should be part of the AT4 package??

Yep, GM says you don't need it.  All that extra power will dig the wheels into the ground while playing in the dirt and mud.  Did the same thing for the three generations prior.

1 hour ago, swathdiver said:

Yep, GM says you don't need it.  All that extra power will dig the wheels into the ground while playing in the dirt and mud.  Did the same thing for the three generations prior.

They want to upsell you into the Denali/HC, plain and simple.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mandalorian said:

They want to upsell you into the Denali/HC, plain and simple.

I don't think that's the reason for not offering the larger engine in the Z-71s, they've been doing this a long time and have not wavered for some time.  The Z-71 wagons are a special and specific model with different attributes and appeal to a different audience than the Denali and High Country.