2022 updates

f8l vnm

Prices will for sure go up...Looking at fully loaded Ram and F150 Limited models , both are almost mid 70s. 

A loaded ( non accessory) Denali/HC right now is around 68/69k , so Gm has room to play . They know this and so with new/more options the price will surely break 70k on the 22 models I would think 

Not too much room really. Current High Country and Denali have been widely criticized in media as a rip off for what you get, so at least some of the upgrades should be coming out of their profit margins. Because even if they overcompensate and add everything anyone could ever ask for, they can’t tack on a 10 grand MSRP increase and expect good results. Especially if they still want buyers coming back every 3-5 years instead of every 7-10. 

I find it interesting to read all the discussion and complaints about the interior finish.  This is my first truck and I've had four German SUV's since 2008.  The fit and finish and technology in my 2020 Denali is every bit as good as any vehicle I've had. 

Edited by LowCountryDenali
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, blckblt said:

IMO that would be terrible.

I agree. And may make me say to hell with the new interior and buy a 2021.

Supposedly GM makes a big deal about listening to their customers and giving us what we want, looks like the end of that and they tell us what we need! How long before the whole dash is just one big video screen and we all charge up every 200 miles while having a $15.00 coffee at Starbucks. 

Edited by Likarok

1 hour ago, LowCountryDenali said:

I find it interesting to read all the discussion and complaints about the interior finish.  This is my first truck and I've had four German SUV's since 2008.  The fit and finish and technology in my 2020 Denali is every bit as good as any vehicle I've had. 

I have to agree. Even upgrading from a K1, the fit and finish and materials are noticeably better. I truly don't understand what the journalists are complaining about. I agree that the packaging is odd and makes things appear cheaper, i.e. the infotainment screen which is perfectly acceptable but looks smaller the way they positioned it. But everything is solid and it's very quiet. I've been in the new Ram interior, for example, and I honestly don't see what's so much better about it...

28 minutes ago, Likarok said:

I agree. And may make me say to hell with the new interior and buy a 2021.

Supposedly GM makes a big deal about listening to their customers and giving us what they want, looks like the end of that and they tell us what we need! How long before the whole dash is just one big video screen and we all charge up every 200 miles while having a $15.00 coffee at Starbucks. 

Looks like that's the direction we're heading. If you see the 2021 Escalade or the new S-class, it's very telling. I wouldn't mind it so much if most of today's screens didn't look so out of place. So many interiors looked like they were designed completely and then they thought, "Whoops, forgot the screen. Let's just stick it here." 

• Like 1

It’s mainly the small details they screwed up, but it all adds up. The little vent pieces in front of the dash speaker grills fit terrible and stick up. The console plastic has uneven gaps and sharp edges. The lower half of the door panels are very cheap looking with basic plastic speaker grills. They couldn’t even bother to put bright metal trim around them like the K2 had.

Also, the amount of blank switches in the lower trims is outrageous. And even with every single option, every truck has a giant blank at eye level in the center of the infotainment buttons...where they clearly had intended an eject button for a disc drive. A disc drive that was deleted anyway. 

I love my truck and like the interior just fine, but I can see why it gets some hate. 

• Like 1

I'll miss the column shifter, last piece of old-school truckiness out there. I'm looking forward to the 12+" screen. I'm glad they did it like Ford and not vertical like Ram. The vertical screen just isn't my cup of tea. Super Cruise will be a nice addition as well. 

I do hope they give the 5.3 a boost in power. 

8 hours ago, jlong1984 said:

I do hope they give the 5.3 a boost in power. 

They really do need a boost with this engine. I have it and like it a lot, but Ford and RAM are both north of 400hp now with their 5.X liter engines. With Ford getting some wild #s out of their Powerboost engines, it’s no longer good enough for GM to rely on the 6.2L as an upsell for someone who wants a 400hp V8. 

It wasn’t long ago when hitting 400hp in a light duty truck V8 was a pretty big deal. War is war and GM is falling behind with their power outputs. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, econometrics said:

They really do need a boost with this engine. I have it and like it a lot, but Ford and RAM are both north of 400hp now with their 5.X liter engines. With Ford getting some wild #s out of their Powerboost engines, it’s no longer good enough for GM to rely on the 6.2L as an upsell for someone who wants a 400hp V8. 

It wasn’t long ago when hitting 400hp in a light duty truck V8 was a pretty big deal. War is war and GM is falling behind with their power outputs. 

Couldn’t agree with you any more. 8 straight years of same engine output is way too long. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 9:36 PM, OnTheReel said:

It’s mainly the small details they screwed up, but it all adds up. The little vent pieces in front of the dash speaker grills fit terrible and stick up. The console plastic has uneven gaps and sharp edges. The lower half of the door panels are very cheap looking with basic plastic speaker grills. They couldn’t even bother to put bright metal trim around them like the K2 had.

Also, the amount of blank switches in the lower trims is outrageous. And even with every single option, every truck has a giant blank at eye level in the center of the infotainment buttons...where they clearly had intended an eject button for a disc drive. A disc drive that was deleted anyway. 

I love my truck and like the interior just fine, but I can see why it gets some hate. 

I agree on the blank switches. As soon as I have time to figure out the lighting that blank area will have one of these individual switches to turn on every light at the same time. I was going with the toggle but it did not match so these Toyota ones may. 

FA4E4EC4-073D-43F1-9542-95DEEF3B9E55.jpeg

04D17B7D-9DD2-4767-870E-DD5F81B08262.jpeg

Edited by EXSlider400
  • Like 2

Love GM but I will always be the first to call them out on their short comings but the blank buttons is fairly common on a few other manufactures. I hate , it looks so cheap but its not just GM that does this.  

1 hour ago, f8l vnm said:

Love GM but I will always be the first to call them out on their short comings but the blank buttons is fairly common on a few other manufactures. I hate , it looks so cheap but its not just GM that does this.  

but do they throw blank buttons right in the middle of the dash where there should be one. 

it’s very normal for other companies to do jt but they also put them down low or to the left of the steering wheel so you can add auxiliary lights. They don’t provide anything to fill in the spots in theirs. 

They do sell the auxiliary switches but that is something completely different. It’s awesome to pay 50-60k for a GM truck and have a blank plastic button right in the middle of the dash. It would be a great spot for the home button and then add something where the home button is. 

33 minutes ago, spizike9 said:

but do they throw blank buttons right in the middle of the dash where there should be one. 

it’s very normal for other companies to do jt but they also put them down low or to the left of the steering wheel so you can add auxiliary lights. They don’t provide anything to fill in the spots in theirs. 

They do sell the auxiliary switches but that is something completely different. It’s awesome to pay 50-60k for a GM truck and have a blank plastic button right in the middle of the dash. It would be a great spot for the home button and then add something where the home button is. 

Cant say I disagree with you mate . frustrating

They stepped way backward from the K2 as far as blanks. The accessory switch arrangement is totally whacko. The lesser equipped K2s just used larger buttons to make up the space. T1s, you get very obvious blanks instead.

Same can be said for the trailer brake and 120v outlet panels. K2 had different pieces of trim for trucks with, and without those options so it wasn’t so obvious something was missing. Here you get nice big blank panels that literally fall into the dash if you push on them too hard. Silliness.

8 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

They stepped way backward from the K2 as far as blanks. The accessory switch arrangement is totally whacko. The lesser equipped K2s just used larger buttons to make up the space. T1s, you get very obvious blanks instead.

Same can be said for the trailer brake and 120v outlet panels. K2 had different pieces of trim for trucks with, and without those options so it wasn’t so obvious something was missing. Here you get nice big blank panels that literally fall into the dash if you push on them too hard. Silliness.

Something tells me it has something to do with Money and it being cheaper! :)  Just a hunch!