Unicorn? 2020 Trail Boss Midnight Edition 6.2L unique Cowl end caps

Does anyone else have the same cowl end caps?  Look closely at the photos to see the unique design with bend in them.

Trying to determine if their part of the Midnight Edition package.  Seen other Trail Boss's that had the standard end caps most all other 2019-2020 Silverado and Sierra's have.

Not even sure what GM model these might also be on.

Passenger side.PNG

drivers side.PNG

My High Country 2020 has them.

they suck. They are made of a type of material that scratches, fades, discolors terribly.

I thought all of our trucks had them. I’ll have to pay attention to the next Silverado I see and see what it has.

Edited by Cjanik

Thanks all for the additional investigation to this riddle.  My brother has a 2020 GMC AT4 which does not have them. 

@ CJanik - Now we know at least one other (High Country) originally have them.  So glad to hear your opinion.  Maybe the low life that swapped mine with their old faded style that 99% have finds the same results.  

That's right, someone swapped mine (3 months old).  Took the time to vs just taking them.  I believe this must have been done in a parking lot.  My theory is they didn't want me to notice immediately and then go look for possible security video footage.

I just happened to notice the fading after washing.  Couldn't believe that bad in only 3 months, even in Texas.  Pulled up some original photos of truck and discovered this anomaly.  

Will most likely order a pair of brand new ones that most vehicles come with because i can't find the part# for these unique end caps.

On 11/1/2020 at 8:18 AM, TXTrlBoss said:

Does anyone else have the same cowl end caps?  Look closely at the photos to see the unique design with bend in them.

Trying to determine if their part of the Midnight Edition package.  Seen other Trail Boss's that had the standard end caps most all other 2019-2020 Silverado and Sierra's have.

Not even sure what GM model these might also be on.

Passenger side.PNG

drivers side.PNG

My 2020 AT4 doesn't have them, I'm sure its a Chevy GMC thing, different hood shapes, different aerodynamics, they tweak the smallest things for airflow.

• 2 weeks later...

Spotted another Trail Boss with these unique cowl end caps.  During the CMA show last night, one of the stars was giving away a Trail Boss to one of their team members.  I was able to pause the video and sure enough it had these.