Towing Mirror Issue

Hello all,

New to the forum. I have an issue with my truck. 2015 GMC Sierra 2500 HD. Just put on tow mirrors. Stock mirrors had full options (integrated blinker, heated, power adjust, power fold in, and puddle lights) My tow mirrors have integrated blinkers, heated, power adjust, manual fold in, amber marker light on back and reverse LED. My issue is, my reverse LED's do not work. I have a cargo light button which turns on the cargo light in back but not the reverse assist lights in the mirror. Is there any way to make them work? A trick or anything? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Radio-Man-Mike said:

Hello all,

New to the forum. I have an issue with my truck. 2015 GMC Sierra 2500 HD. Just put on tow mirrors. Stock mirrors had full options (integrated blinker, heated, power adjust, power fold in, and puddle lights) My tow mirrors have integrated blinkers, heated, power adjust, manual fold in, amber marker light on back and reverse LED. My issue is, my reverse LED's do not work. I have a cargo light button which turns on the cargo light in back but not the reverse assist lights in the mirror. Is there any way to make them work? A trick or anything? Thanks!

When was your truck built?  Should be in the door jamb.  Or if you've got your VIN.

Hello all,
@pgamboa [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Open your door, unplug your door harness from the frame. Inspect the dash side (side with the male pins). Using your phone, take some pics (or a video) so I can see/count the pins. What you’re looking for, are pins 9 and 11. If they are present, then the upgrade will be much easier than if they’re missing.

See pic

f74fde9447cc9961ef876e03a5e28aec.jpg

To get the lights to work, there will be a need to either modify your door harnesses and add the missing pins for the lights OR swap them out with a custom built set of harnesses from me.

Also, if your mirrors are aftermarket, it would be a good idea to test the lighting circuits on them to see how the amber light and the indicator on the glass light work. Some manufacturers tie these together as a blinker only. Some have them separate.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 6:02 AM, pgamboa said:

Also, if your mirrors are aftermarket, it would be a good idea to test the lighting circuits on them to see how the amber light and the indicator on the glass light work. Some manufacturers tie these together as a blinker only. Some have them separate.

Thanks pgamboa! Sorry it took so long for the response. It looks like I do have the pins needed. What is the cost of your harnesses, and how can I purchase them? Also come with instructions? Thanks again for your help!

Harness GMC 20201117_152043.jpg

2 hours ago, Radio-Man-Mike said:

Thanks pgamboa! Sorry it took so long for the response. It looks like I do have the pins needed. What is the cost of your harnesses, and how can I purchase them? Also come with instructions? Thanks again for your help!

Harness GMC 20201117_152043.jpg

When you unplug your door hardness , could you see the pins #9, #11,#41 ??? how hard to plug hardness back in .   Any Info be helpful. Thanks

1303823506_HarnessGMC20201117_152043.thumb.jpg.024c4fa27aa4ff9ff9cd5e17597140b9.jpg

You do have pins 9, 11, and 41 here, So that’s good. You won’t have to worry running any wiring inside the cabin or under the hood.

This is what will take care of that. https://harnessdr.com/product/2014-2019-dl3-tow-mirror-upgrade-pnp-harness/

12 hours ago, slj2008 said:

When you unplug your door hardness , could you see the pins #9, #11,#41 ??? how hard to plug hardness back in .   Any Info be helpful. Thanks

It kind of sux to get it out but not too bad. Basically just follow pgamboa's pic instructions in this post. If you had a little mirror, you could prolly see the pins that way instead of popping out that part inside the truck. 

1 hour ago, Radio-Man-Mike said:

It kind of sux to get it out but not too bad. Basically just follow pgamboa's pic instructions in this post. If you had a little mirror, you could prolly see the pins that way instead of popping out that part inside the truck. 

Thank You : Now we need warn weather ??

I have a similar issue. Purchased. 15 high country that has tow mirror. Truck was wrecked before so that may be a cause. The driver side mirror functions properly except the reverse lights on side of mirror. The passenger side mirror is a replacement but has no power to it what do ever heat blinker mirror motor power fold none of that works. I took the mirror off and plugged it into the driver side pig tail and the mirror worked, all except the reverse lights. Anyone else had a similar problem or know a fix? I assume the high country came with tow mirrors as it has a factory button for power folding. 

I have a similar issue. Purchased. 15 high country that has tow mirror. Truck was wrecked before so that may be a cause. The driver side mirror functions properly except the reverse lights on side of mirror. The passenger side mirror is a replacement but has no power to it what do ever heat blinker mirror motor power fold none of that works. I took the mirror off and plugged it into the driver side pig tail and the mirror worked, all except the reverse lights. Anyone else had a similar problem or know a fix? I assume the high country came with tow mirrors as it has a factory button for power folding. 

Can you share a pic of the glove box RPO codes? When you turn the headlights on, the amber lights come on?