OTA update - Am I the last in line?

Coastie

Have you received the latest update ~ Nov 2020  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Rook126 said:

...I don't understand why they are cherry picking and staggering these updates with everyone while they continue to snoop our vehicle's data on a regular schedule with no problem. Good luck everyone who are still waiting.

Because their server connection is via dial-up.......  ?

1 hour ago, Bigfoot98 said:

@Rook126 the software was released in September per TSB 20NA199. The April date is most likely from when GM started crafting it.

Thanks Bigfoot98, I understand now and had not read the TSB, plus we had the pandemic to delay it even further. ?  So it has only been a 5 month delay for me. Good luck OP, there's plenty of others to get done before it is your turn. ?

• 10 months later...

No, you are not the last in line. I checked my update screen today for the first time and it said "last checked in 2019". But then it said "no updates available", and now it reports that I last checked for updates as of today's date.

I have never gotten an update, or an indication that I should update, or anything regarding updates at all. My 'about' screen indicates that I am running what came with the truck from the factory (it is a 2020 model silverado 1500).

What's the deal with this? How come I have no updates, and the truck says there are none? It is connected to WiFi at my house all the time.

never-updated.jpg

19 hours ago, mookiedog said:

No, you are not the last in line. I checked my update screen today for the first time and it said "last checked in 2019". But then it said "no updates available", and now it reports that I last checked for updates as of today's date.

I have never gotten an update, or an indication that I should update, or anything regarding updates at all. My 'about' screen indicates that I am running what came with the truck from the factory (it is a 2020 model silverado 1500).

What's the deal with this? How come I have no updates, and the truck says there are none? It is connected to WiFi at my house all the time.

never-updated.jpg

Your radio may not be on the update list and is not needed. The build date means nothing that's when the radio was brought to life.

• 2 weeks later...

I left my truck at the dealer after complaining about some irregular radio behavior (Bluetooth connection issues and a black screen once in a while) and asking why I wasn't getting any software updates. They told me that there are no software upgrades for my IOT radio, contrary to everything mentioned in this thread.  Instead, they told me they were going to replace the radio. That seems pretty hardcore, but it's on Chevrolet's dime so that's the plan. It's just too bad for me there are no replacement radios available now...

• 2 months later...

I'm gonna beat this dead horse one last time...

As noted 2 months ago, I took my truck to get a software updated because the update that triggered this whole thread was never happening OTA. Instead of upgrading the software, they replaced my screen. The next day, my brand new screen went black.  I was too annoyed to go back and argue. But a week ago, the screen went black twice during one trip, then started working again except no audio. I went back to the service department, showed them the TSB for the U148 update that specifically said it would cure problems with "black screens" and "no audio". The counter guy told me again that there were no updates. I begged to differ and showed him the TSB again.

Anyway, after only 2 days in the shop, the dealer finally upgraded my software via USB according to the paperwork I got back from them. The interesting part is that the software version I have now is newer than anything I read about in this thread.  It would seem that I have a version U157.

So after all that, I never did get the U150 OTA update that started this whole thread, and I never will.

Horse=dead.

black-screen.jpg

sw-update.jpg