OTA update - Am I the last in line?

Coastie

Have you received the latest update ~ Nov 2020  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Rob Mugs said:

Glad to hear you were welcomed with open-arms there.  Nothing better than a dealership that actually gives 2 ******.  Don't imagine you took a pic before/after?

I did but the file is too big.

Before W119E U148.3.4

After W124E U150.3.6

• Like 1

Is the same update being sent out to the 2021 vehicles?  I've noticed Android Auto is a bit buggy.  I still can't understand why there is no built in text message functionality and would love to.have that added.  Having to switch to AA just to have a text read is annoying, and AA has no Sirius XM app so then switch back to change channels is also annoying.

7 hours ago, SRNicholson said:

Is the same update being sent out to the 2021 vehicles?  I've noticed Android Auto is a bit buggy.  I still can't understand why there is no built in text message functionality and would love to.have that added.  Having to switch to AA just to have a text read is annoying, and AA has no Sirius XM app so then switch back to change channels is also annoying.

GM removed the app for text messages a few years ago my research found. A few people got GM to send them the app but I dont think they will do that anymore.

If your build is W124E and U150.3.6 then you're up to date

1 hour ago, Bigfoot98 said:

GM removed the app for text messages a few years ago my research found. A few people got GM to send them the app but I dont think they will do that anymore.

If your build is W124E and U150.3.6 then you're up to date

So it seems, I do, in fact, have it.  Weird that it doesn't show in my Update History

20210117_204646.jpg.220687f1d9af82feac5e9fe215fe3bba.thumb.jpg.e606b8830cdc473bdca102cae090f8d9.jpg

16 hours ago, Coastie said:

Is it safe to say that you had less than v150 and still got the over the air update?

I would say so. I didn't look at what version I was on beforehand, but I bought the truck brand new in April 2019 and haven't ever been prompted to update before. 

53 minutes ago, jlong1984 said:

I would say so. I didn't look at what version I was on beforehand, but I bought the truck brand new in April 2019 and haven't ever been prompted to update before. 

That's where mine was weird.  I bought mine September 10th and immediately had an update.  Want to say the day I bought or the day after?

Hasn't updated since but I seem to be on the newest ver

19 hours ago, BigMick2020 said:

I’d of went back and in front of customers tell them the GMC dealer was able to do the update so stop dishing BS to customers. 

Help you blow some steam if nothing else......

@BigMick2020 The old me would have made a scene, but not the current me, I feel that taking the GM survey, replying to the text message about "how was your visit", and no longer using them for service or sales, sending referrals, and telling friends and family about it is better off. Maybe even a google review/dealer rater. My mom is looking at vehicles and was thinking of purchasing a new car in a few years(she plans them out not just a spur of the moment thing), she won't step foot in there now. 

The sales dept did not even make the sale to me because the "used car manager" who I had to work with kept trying to find something on their lot for me instead of using the build sheet I made to find the truck at another dealer, I then found my truck and sent it to them and never heard back from them about it for a week, then they said we can't swap with them right now. I gave them another truck and they just shrugged their shoulders so I drove 80 miles away to pick up my truck, that dealer has nothing but good reviews and I would not hesitate to go there if they were closer but 160 miles round trip is hard to stomach, this local dealer is 10 minutes from my house, the next closest is at least a half an hour on the highway at best.

The Chevy Dealer is Ciocca Chevrolet of Princeton NJ so you all know to AVOID them.

Go to Patriot Chevrolet Buick GMC of Limerick PA or Coleman GMC Buick Cadillac in Lawrence NJ, best buying and service experience to date of all brands of vehicles I have been at.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 6:01 PM, Coastie said:

It has been more than 2 months since the announcement.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/gm-releases-significant-over-the-air-update-for-2020-silverado-sierra-other-vehicles/

My truck maintains a WIFI connection and also had free onstar connection over the holidays.

I have not received the latest OTA update, and I have manually checked for it as well.

How many others have gotten it, and how many have not?

I had another OTA update today, this is the 2nd one for me.  This one seems to be different than the November one.

Resized_20210203_123204.jpeg

Resized_20210203_123139.jpeg

Resized_20210203_124128.jpeg

On 2/3/2021 at 2:31 PM, btj_z71 said:

I had another OTA update today, this is the 2nd one for me.  This one seems to be different than the November one.

Resized_20210203_123204.jpeg

Resized_20210203_123139.jpeg

Resized_20210203_124128.jpeg

I got the same update which is dated April 9, 2020. The notification showed up on my screen today 2/6/2021 at around 5pm while I was out running errands. I returned home about an hour later to connect to wifi and did the update. No hiccups with the install. I finally have a 10 month old software revision. I don't understand why they are cherry picking and staggering these updates with everyone while they continue to snoop our vehicle's data on a regular schedule with no problem. Good luck everyone who are still waiting.

Old.JPG

Progress.jpg

info.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

New.jpg