2020 Trail boss LT LED Headlights very week

Looking to upgrade my headlights the stock LED are not very strong. What can I do to make my lights brighter, is there a kit I can swap out, new bulbs, projector, etc. I need better light and I thought for $62,000 you would get a nice headlight! I added picture of front of truck but don’t know what is visible to see what type  I have. 

2BF1A7DF-0904-4505-90DB-C9EC799A920A.jpeg

To make any changes you will have to swap out headlights completely for something aftermarket.  The low/high beams are not serviceable as they are LED.  No bulbs.

Only thing really on the stock lamps is to have the aim checked.  Poor aim may be causing an issue for you.    

Edited by newdude
  • Thanks 1

I do not experience this in my 2017 Tahoe, 2008 Ford Escape beater commuter vehicle and my daughters Honda CRV. All these are fine my brand new Chevy is not good light I do not like low or high to me they both are not great. I will look till I find something that works I am sure I am not alone. I will check the adjustment 

thanks 

1 hour ago, It's Tim said:

I've never realized so many people have night blindness.

There's just no excuse for taking a step backward in quality with a new generation of truck. My T1 is better than my K2 was in just about every way. But the headlights on my K2 pushed light further and wider than the LEDs on my T1 - on both high and low beam. The last few years of the K2s offered bi-xenon lamps on every single truck from WT all the way up to High Country. Now you get cheap halogens on half the trims offered. I'm an accountant - I understand bean counting which is likely where this decision came into play and obviously it isn't slowing sales down. But still, it stinks to see a downgrade. 

I do not experience this in my 2017 Tahoe, 2008 Ford Escape beater commuter vehicle and my daughters Honda CRV. All these are fine my brand new Chevy is not good light I do not like low or high to me they both are not great. I will look till I find something that works I am sure I am not alone. I will check the adjustment 
thanks 

You’re not the only one. I installed LEDs in my 2015 and my low beams were brighter than most cars high beams. They were so bright that I had to swap them out for lights with a lower wattage so I wouldn’t blind people.

My 2021 is not even close I being as bright. I haven’t researched it yet but I intend to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2020 LT Trail Boss and think the lighting is sufficient. I've driven it in every conceivable condition you can practically think of. Snow, wind, rain, day, night, city, middle of nowhere, etc. Did you level out lift the truck and fail to adjust your headlights?

They're is also an option behind door #3: aftermarket lights. Rough Country has a lot where you can add light bars into the front grill between the cross bars. GM Accessories also has a Baja Design light bar for the sport bar and a-pillar lights.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I drove a 2021 LT Trail Boss at night and I could not believe how crappy the led lights were, felt like 2 flashlights, and crappy 20 year old ones that got an LED upgrade and a bad one. Could a $62k truck really have lights this pathetic? So I drive an RST the next night with LED and I was surprised how much better the same lights were, they are pretty nice!

Surely has to be adjustment with yours, I think they light up the road pretty decent, the fogs help a lot with the foreground where the LED in this truck are weak.

My expectation was low coming from the HID in my 2016 I modified with new projectors, ballasts, and night breaker bulbs. 

• Thanks 1

GMC Is the same.  My AT4 blinds people, but light output just dosent have much umph.    They are always flashing me because i dont realize my high beams are on.  It looses intensity the furthur away you get.  Its like some cheap harbor freight led light.  You stare at if and go blind.  But the output is poor..