GM to go totally electric in 2035. Thoughts?

34 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

How many jobs got lost in the last two weeks? It’s not rocket science.

Don't worry. All the welders can get jobs making solar panels. Easy peasy. 

??‍♂️ 

I really am down with the moves to EV. I think the market is just finally getting it right in the past few years. But...yeah... there are a LOT of problems to solve in 15 years if GM really thinks every person in the US can just migrate to EV on a new vehicle. 

• Like 2

Don't worry. All the welders can get jobs making solar panels. Easy peasy. 

[emoji2359] 

I really am down with the moves to EV. I think the market is just finally getting it right in the past few years. But...yeah... there are a LOT of problems to solve in 15 years if GM really thinks every person in the US can just migrate to EV on a new vehicle. 
What happens when water that leaks through the back window comes into contact with electricity? Yep, GM has a lot to fix before they can go full electric.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They are dreaming if they think, in 14 years, everything will be electric.
Where is all the infrastructure?
Not to mention the crap they need to mine to make the batteries. Good luck with that one greenies .
There is too many things that need to happen to make it work.
The one thing that I believe will never happen is a long range electric truck . Hell the battery alone would cost $50,000 .
And what about the old batteries? Landfill? C'mon man.
TOTAL JOKE.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not to mention the crap they need to mine to make the batteries. Good luck with that one greenies .
The one thing that I believe will never happen is a long range electric truck . Hell the battery alone would cost $50,000 .
TOTAL JOKE.

13 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

It will be interesting to see how much more mining is done for the raw materials for the batteries that will be needed to supply the millions of vehicles that will be produced.  They think drilling for oil  is bad, look at the damage caused by mining.  Not to mention the oil burning vehicles doing the mining process. So is it really a better deal?

no mining neccessary if GM follows honda and Toyota's lead and focus on hydrogen fuel cell and hydradrate sponge technology instead of wasting time and money on battery tech

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

TOTAL JOKE.

Hydrogen is the infrastructure to replace petroleum and support electric vehicles

Hydrogen is the infrastructure to replace petroleum and support electric vehicles

Iirc, it would also make Iceland the world's next superpower. I recall reading many years ago that 0.33% of the world's hydrogen is enough to completely sustain everybody and everything for over 300 years. The real question is, with GM and Ford working with BMW on hydrogen fuel cell technology, even putting test mules in fleets like small busses with supercharged V10 engines, "What happened that caused them to turn so heavily to EVs?"

9 hours ago, Transient said:

Iirc, it would also make Iceland the world's next superpower. I recall reading many years ago that 0.33% of the world's hydrogen is enough to completely sustain everybody and everything for over 300 years. The real question is, with GM and Ford working with BMW on hydrogen fuel cell technology, even putting test mules in fleets like small busses with supercharged V10 engines, "What happened that caused them to turn so heavily to EVs?"

many things stopped its momentum, i think politics is #1 reason.  #2 is the storage system, its kinda a millitary secrect and kept out of the hands of the commercial sector,  so it has to be stored at high pressures and lacks range.  Hydrogen is a bit of a waste in combustion engines as a sole fuel source but if you can produce lots of it cheap, than who cares it works and has no emmisions.

if you add a hydrocarbon fuel and hydrogen mix then this reallly improves the use of both fuels and increases MPG and improves emmissions.

the most effieicnt use of HYdrogen with a Hydrate storage system and a fuelcell is probably the direction EV's are going,  since your not hampered with Batteries and battery managment issues which is the problem with all Lithium batteries.  

Edited by flyingfool

GM is dropping out of Fuel cell! 

But you know what, so what if the world goes electric. These left wing environment people will be complaining about some other Boogy Man. That is just the way they are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Likarok said:

GM is dropping out of Fuel cell! 

But you know what, so what if the world goes electric. These left wing environment people will be complaining about some other Boogy Man. That is just the way they are. 

once we all go full electric and there is no particulate from smog in the atmosphere to block the sun, the Green lefties will complain the UV rays are making life even hotter and more unbearable.