GM to go totally electric in 2035. Thoughts?

Aren't Hedge Funds currently getting schooled by kids who simply refuse to accept the 'implied reality'?

How many have told me that 'economic voting' just doesn't work anymore?

Cash for Clunkers was not a raving success either.

It did remove lots of un-collectables but also improved the total antique vehicle market

Not exactly what they had in mind.

Even GM is still producing Gen 1 small blocks and MK V's

They WILL go where the money goes.

? 

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 1

I remember cash for clunkers being a raging success in Texas . My daughter got 3500$ for a barely running geo prizm. Lots were full of clunkers. If memory serves. It was a clean air thing more than anything. Put together by that administration. This time it appears we’re going to get a gas tax. To discourage driving they say.[emoji2957]Of course that will only effect the rich, like was promised.[emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I remember cash for clunkers being a raging success in Texas . My daughter got 3500$ for a barely running geo prizm. Lots were full of clunkers. If memory serves. It was a clean air thing more than anything. Put together by that administration. This time it appears we’re going to get a gas tax. To discourage driving they say.emoji2957.pngOf course that will only effect the rich, like was promised.emoji122.pngemoji122.png

wow, our taxes went to paying for her to get $3500 for a $800 car,  that sounds criminal.  talk about inflamitory!  sounds like we're eating ourselves alive, maybe Humans are the problem!

Edited by flyingfool

wow, our taxes went to paying for her to get $3500 for a $800 car,  that sounds criminal.  talk about inflamitory!  sounds like we're eating ourselves alive, maybe Humans are the problem!

It’s worse than that. I paid 1500$ for it when I gave it to her. She drove it for a couple years. Our government on each side is giving away too much money. I can get behind increasing unemployment during these times. Why a stimulus too? Then you have earned income credit and child credit for income tax returns. All this takes away the desire to improve your lot in life. I’ve seen couples making good money not get married because the government give aways to unmarried people with kids. We need a reset. Not counting investments me and the wife get 4K a month from our Social Security retirement. Why the hell do I get stimulus? Just isn’t right.

I’m from the fool me once club when it comes to GM. Even though most my rides have been GM. 5.7 diesel, 8-6-4 early cylinder deactivation, 6.5 diesel, pre 14 cylinder deactivation, now a new version cylinder deactivation. I’ll wait on a GM all electric. Call me cautious.

Humans have always been the problem. As a whole, we're just not willing to accept it. Real change will affect convenience. People only want convenience. If it sounds good, people want it. Even if it is actually bad for you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, redwngr said:

Maybe in 15 years playing with the hummerEV they'll learn enough for mass market pickups.

No reason to believe they wont. Think about how far we have come since 2005 . Especially now more then ever since they have billions invested 

Industryweek has an interesting article on this basically doesn’t think they will do this based on their current stance. One item is the lawsuit against mpg they are part of. Basically saying if they cared about the environment they wouldn’t be pursuing this. Time will tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here in Alberta we pay a tax per liter of gas that goes for Hwy maintenance and construction. Govt is going to have to figure out a way to get that tax from everyone with electrics!

Also at our local malls and such there are free charging stations. How much longer will those be free? 

Last winter a friend drove his Tesla to Arizona. I drove there in two days in my Tahoe. It took him 3 1/2 days because of charging! They have to figure out a way to charge the electric's faster. People in California with hydrogen cars say that is what they like about there car. They can fill up like a regular gas car and be on their way. 

Edited by Likarok