GM to go totally electric in 2035. Thoughts?

38 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

I hope this doesn’t give GM an excuse to let the current powertrains rot on the vine. I need more power. C’mon, make one last new line of kickass V8s...

15 years, so I figure we'll see at least 2 more generations.

10 hours ago, Likarok said:

yeah everything is still in testing phase , but i don't belive they are backing out.  they are designing systems with no batteries for the military and commercial sector , and getting cost down before jumping in to consumer level.  Honda and Toyota are leading the way, GM just follows and sees what works and what doesn't

21 hours ago, Likarok said:

What a joke.....so typical, the "experts" have no clue as to what is reality. 

Gee, everyone else is doing it we better too. 

I'd like to know how "clean" these vehicles are if you 100% track them from birth to grave.

• Like 1

Hybrid i would believe. Need onboard fuel (gas) and it could actually be a nice setup. 

There's new types of internal combustion engines and electric drive motors on the horizon. 14 years in today's terms can imply vast technological changes. Will automotive keep up?? That's another question. 

What, building the charging infrastructure is no longer complicated or difficult in 14 years (easy), but does require a lot of metal. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Current H2 cars cost 3X per mile my current cost.

2X more for most drivers  

:)

So far compact cars with Rolls Royce prices.

factored in the cost of cost/mile of burning Hydrogen as a fuel by itself and its just a waste  since its not a hydrocarbon, i'm not sure Hydrogen gets good milage unless you mix the fuel with a Hydrocarbon fuel to get the energy  density up higher.  Hydrogen has the fastest flame speed inside a cylinder so it mixes well with other liquid fuels.

our DI trucks I feel where designed around hydrogen injection technology , just add a port injector to spray a gas or diesel fuel into the mix and correct the timing closer to zero degrees and you got a real flex fuel vehicle.

If we don't get away from fossil fuels to travel across the face of the planet, we won't make it another 150 years.  We need full electric vehicles when we have fusion power plants, electrify the roads, there's your charger. I don't see it happening in any form for decades.

• Like 1

Earth has a water cycle. The exact same number of molecules of water are her today that were here when God created this planet. The term 'water shortage' does not describe a depletion of earths water volume. Rather a state in which the earths ability to recycle water to a life sustaining state in sufficient volume to satisfy mans needs has been exceeded. 

Earth has an Oxygen cycle where breath changes it to Carbon Dioxide and plants change it back to Oxygen.

Again it is about balance. 

Things get out of balance when GREED demands more from the system than the systems design will sustain.

Humans are good at disrupting balance.

?

Not so good at restoring it. 

Monkey Trap

This is beyond human ability

Always has been 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Things get out of balance when GREED demands more from the system than the systems design will sustain.

Humans are good at disrupting balance.

?

GLobalist and Bankers are destroying the planet, not the humans.  These two groups are responsible for alot of the planets troubles. and the next Revolution will be AI and RObotics. so this means wiping out a large percentage of earth's population , since they wont need us anymore.

• Haha 1

https://qz.com/1966116/electric-cars-will-speed-up-depreciation-of-everything-gm-owns/?utm_source=YPL

GM says no to carbon based fuels , will building materials be next? isn't there carbon or graphite in all lithium battery technology?  i can see the cost of our $30,000 pick ups will be heading into the $100,000 range along with increased deflation of the dollar. take care of what you got!