Enjoyed my 9 months of ownership. Decided to forego the travel trailer lifestyle so I traded my truck for a new Audi A6 3.0 last week. After many years of driving a SUV or truck I’m enjoying the sedan experience so far. Given that these trucks are in demand, I figure it cost me about $6k to own it for 9 months. Best of luck to all. 

I sold Euro cars for years, Benz, Audi, BMW, Volvo and they are GREAT right up until they are NOT, buy the extended warranty or ditch it right before warranty expires, unless you are a guy that will work on and maintain them yourself.

Taken care of and maintained by yourself the cost can be reasonable and they will really last, buy one that was ignored and you will REALLY pay at the dealership.

Enjoy the car and Cheers

1 hour ago, lapoolboy said:

This is true of most German cars.

Most German cars "nowadays"....They did have sensible engineering at one point but now?  They no longer follow the "KISS" (keep it simple, stupid).  It has to be overenginerded with no respect for the shade tree mechanic.

Just a few years ago, Volkswagen took the entire Euro market reliability down a notch singlehandedly.  Best wishes to the OP but that new ride is a ticking time bomb

Should've kept the truck to tow that overpriced Volkswagen to the dealer when it breaks, imo. VW/Audi/Porsche overly engineer everything unnecessarily and it causes the cost of repair to go up while parts availability is scarce. Best of luck to you. I hope you don't need it, but lifetime experience tells me you will.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, LowCountryDenali said:

Enjoyed my 9 months of ownership. Decided to forego the travel trailer lifestyle so I traded my truck for a new Audi A6 3.0 last week. After many years of driving a SUV or truck I’m enjoying the sedan experience so far. Given that these trucks are in demand, I figure it cost me about $6k to own it for 9 months. Best of luck to all. 

Dang wish you would have let me know. I’d have taken your snowflake 22s!!!  Lol. Love those wheels.  Any-how hope your Audi treats you well. They are nice looking cars. Enjoy and good luck. 

5 hours ago, Transient said:

Should've kept the truck to tow that overpriced Volkswagen to the dealer when it breaks, imo. VW/Audi/Porsche overly engineer everything unnecessarily and it causes the cost of repair to go up while parts availability is scarce. Best of luck to you. I hope you don't need it, but lifetime experience tells me you will.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The GMC Denali was a great truck and if I’m ever in the mood for another truck I’d buy another. 

The Audi is my 14th “Kraut” built vehicle which somewhat speaks to my age of 72. Anyway this ain’t my first rodeo. All were trouble free save a hiccup here and there, the worst being a EGR failure in a BMW X5 diesel. A couple of trips to the dealer (under warranty) resolved the issue and it gave me many trouble free miles thereafter. 
The new Audi is a remarkable car albeit the technology can be mind numbing if one isn’t tech minded (I am).  After a couple of sessions in the driveway fiddling with it I now have everything set to meet my desires. I find it to be intuitive and easy to use after a bit of a learning curve. Everything is touch screen based or voice activated. I obviously cannot speak to its long term reliability but I can tell you that the fit and finish in this car is far superior to the Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing or Tesla Model S which I also considered. All one has to do is listen to the opening and closing of the doors to know!  

Edited by LowCountryDenali
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, LowCountryDenali said:

Given that these trucks are in demand, I figure it cost me about $6k to own it for 9 months. Best of luck to all. 

You either overpaid for the truck or got screwed on a trade in.  Excluding insurance (cheap) and gas, if I sell to Carvana today, I will lose $4960.  My numbers include every penny of maintenance, registration, taxes, even the flight to the dealer to pick it up as I didn't buy local.  That loss is also assuming I wouldn't just pull my catch can and tonneau cover and sell on my own (that's an easy $500 doing a quick sale).