That Truck was AMAZING, but...

5 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Buy the RAM, then you don't have to worry about tearing apart a new $75,000.00 truck to make your kids happy.

RAM comes up short in almost every other respect. Just my assessment and opinion of course.  And I won't be tearing apart anything.  That's why I'm asking if there was a solution that might have been simple. Looks like probably not.  Have a great day JimCost2014 you deserve it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jac365 said:

Double cab rear seats do not have the storage in the seat back. I don't know if they are interchangeable with crew cab seats or not. I have a double cab with leather.

Good call. Not sure if they would be same either though. Might be worth it for the OP to look into. 

57 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Buy the RAM, then you don't have to worry about tearing apart a new $75,000.00 truck to make your kids happy.

Ram Schmam.  When a farmer see another buy a  Dodge, he know he didn't have a good year.

1 hour ago, vinny canalie said:

RAM comes up short in almost every other respect. Just my assessment and opinion of course.  And I won't be tearing apart anything.  That's why I'm asking if there was a solution that might have been simple. Looks like probably not.  Have a great day JimCost2014 you deserve it.

Remember, you asked for solutions, and opinions, which I gave both.

50 minutes ago, swathdiver said:

Ram Schmam.  When a farmer see another buy a  Dodge, he know he didn't have a good year.

If it makes everyone inside happy, don't think the brand really matters.

• Like 2

I'd like to thank all of you for assisting me.  I know it's a problem only I would create but I will certainly look into all the suggestions.  The GMC was in a different league for sure.  I've never seen a truck that nice, and I'm blessed beyond measure to be in the position to own one.  Thanks again gents.  I'll report back.

Edited by vinny canalie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1454 said:
6 minutes ago, vinny canalie said:
True. I appreciate it too.

Probably a low tech solution, but have you looked at pillows that they could use behind them? I know it's not ideal, just trying to think outside the swap route.

Definitely a solution. I'm going to drive the Ford just to check it off the list first, then think long and hard as to whether or not this is truly a deal breaker.  And likely pillows, or some type of seat back cushion will probably be my answer.  Thanks sir.

Its always funny to me how people are so different. We tested a Ram 2500 first, but my kids hated the back seat. We've owned our GMC now for 4 months and no issues. I sit back there a lot now as my daughter is learning to drive and my wife still sits up front. That leave me in the  back with the other two kids. I haven't been on any long trips back there, but I don't find it uncomfortable. It's also funny to hear people basically say their kids don't matter. They do! Unhappy kids in the back seat on a long drive can easily ruin a trip. Good luck man.

15 hours ago, vinny canalie said:

Maybe remove some of the padding from the cover in that area?  upholstery shop should be able to handle without too much issue.

My truck is my daily driver. I'm also the primary caretaker of my children. Therefore, they spend more time in the back of my truck then in the back of mom's SUV. I've been on many long trips, and had the kids in the back seat. One of those trips was east coast to west coast. None complained about the rear seat. Personally, I love the rear seat storage. That's where I keep handguns. I'm not kidding. A handgun and a few loaded magazines in each compartment. Since you mentioned you go on long trips with the family, I instantly thought of camping and couldn't help but think how a 10mm in one of those storage compartments was ideal for camping should an uninvited predator come to play.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Transient said:

My truck is my daily driver. I'm also the primary caretaker of my children. Therefore, they spend more time in the back of my truck then in the back of mom's SUV. I've been on many long trips, and had the kids in the back seat. One of those trips was east coast to west coast. None complained about the rear seat. Personally, I love the rear seat storage. That's where I keep handguns. I'm not kidding. A handgun and a few loaded magazines in each compartment. Since you mentioned you go on long trips with the family, I instantly thought of camping and couldn't help but think how a 10mm in one of those storage compartments was ideal for camping should an uninvited predator come to play.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Good stuff.  I appreciate you sharing first hand, with kids.  I love the idea of stowing a handgun in there.