Just got my 2021 --2500, SLE, 4 x 4, crew.  Am I crazy or is this thing freaking huge?  Had a 2019, same truck and loved it--excellent drive.  This thing wallows all over, doesn't look like it's going to fit in the garage  .. .it's just huge.  The measurements I can find on the web say it's at least 10 inches longer?  Is that really possible?  absolutely there is more room in the back seat which wasn't necessary (for me).  I'll check again in the morning, but it looks like it's too tall for the garage which housed my 19 just fine.  That means I have to find room with the tractor in the driveshed for the winter, geez.  Actually not happy about this and sure wish I had known before I purchased . .sadly, I didn't pay much attention.  Between the massive size, and the weak brakes . .. Geez, just had another thought--I bet this means I'll have to adjust or sell my horse trailer!!  I can't remember if it's at it's max settings as it is, or not.  But if I have to put a taller truck under it . . .geez.  guess I'll figure that out tomorrow . .And does anyone know why it honks at me when I get in--sometimes? 

Yep, the body size changed in 2020.  I'm sorry for your troubles but all I have is a metal car port.  Because of the height I have to park in the middle.  Oh well, it's worth it.  The honk may be if you leave the engine running and get out with the fob in your pocket.  It's a reminder that you left the truck running.

My 21 fits in my garage, but only by a couple of INCHES. I moved up from an 18 GMC 1500 so this is significantly bigger. The honk is a reminder that the fob is in the vehicle or you left the vehicle with the engine running. 

Yes.  GM made all of the T1 trucks larger than the K2 trucks (which were almost identical in size to GMT-900).

10 inches longer overall length for each body style, wheelbases are up about 5 inches.  Cab height and width are up as well.  

Edited by newdude

3 hours ago, newdude said:

Yes.  GM made all of the T1 trucks larger than the K2 trucks (which were almost identical in size to GMT-900).

10 inches longer overall length for each body style, wheelbases are up about 5 inches.  Cab height and width are up as well.  

Compared to my 2002 Silverado my 2019 is HUGE!  :lol:

My '21 3500 HD is only 1" taller than my '16 2500 but the bed seems lower. It is longer as i went with the crew cab over the double but the good news is it still fits in my garage! Brought the demo home to make sure. The 3500 does not have the extreme rack front to rear that the 3500 had. I think it rides smoother and definitely steers better.

It is large for sure. Got the multi-pro tailgate and thought wow I won't need to carry my step stool I use on my 04 2500HD. Wrong!

Now I need the stool just to check the engine oil while camping! You'd think they would have put a longer dipstick and tube so you can reach the damn thing like they do on class 8 trucks.

Well Chevy definitely didnt hide the massive size, its basically glorified and in your face.  I dont like it, but the new 6.6 gas one me over the older 6.0.

In the future, Id be interested in a reduced hood as aftermarket for gas engine if its possible, would add about 1-2 inches in forward visibility.

Whats funny is I get really great gas mileage, so go figure! Lol.   When I park next to 2019 model HDs, the size difference is less apparent.