Manifold and throttle body

Yup, you need the 6.2 air intake though if you don't have an aftermarket one. A local shop would be your best best for tuning. For an email tune Blackbear, Diablew are popular tuners. I have a blackbear tune, only downside is there's typically a long wait for re-tuning. Your 1st tune with them you get bumped to the top of the list. 

• Like 1

For the trouble, the 5.3 t-body flows pretty well. I went with a Diablew custom tune which really made the drivetrain feel the way it should have from the factory. I also have the GM performance intake and Borla... the tune brought it all together. 

• Like 1

I upgraded to the OEM L86 TB/intake manifold on my 5.3 paired with a DiabLew tune. Only other motor mods are a Airaid MIT and catch can (if you even call that a mod LOL). Well worth the swap IMO. Slight butt dyno increase in performance, mostly in the low to mid range. 

• Like 1

I Appreciate all the feedback, I just got the Borla exhaust and next step is the 6.2 intake and throttle body with the tune,  I have a 3.5 lift thinking about getting 6.5, would headers be overkill with all these items? Thanks in advance 

I agree with everyone else here. The 6.2 intake swap is very common and I just did this swap . You will need a cold air intake due to bigger throttle body 

oem 6.2 intake manifold - 12639087

oem 6.2 throttle body - 12678223

I also did texas speed longtube headers, and catted y, and jlt catch can at the same time. With blackbear tune. I can’t tell you what that intake mods felt like exactly . But it’s a completely different beast now . Highly recommend the intake swap 

I Appreciate all the help! 

As it sits I'm going for the 6.2 (ported manifold) and the "stock" 6.2 Throttle body

I"m not going for the ported throttle body as my mechanic cannot tune it.

If you get a ported l86 6.2 manifold, do you have to get a ported throttle body also?  Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, Ryansal said:

I Appreciate all the help! 

As it sits I'm going for the 6.2 (ported manifold) and the "stock" 6.2 Throttle body

I"m not going for the ported throttle body as my mechanic cannot tune it.

If you get a ported l86 6.2 manifold, do you have to get a ported throttle body also?  Thanks in advance!

No, but it all depends on who your buying it from and how the manifold has been ported. Imo I wouldn't buy a ported manifold, you don't need it. But if you want to clean the runners up yourself there's no harm done.

If you did a cam, a ported manifold/larger tb might be worth it.