Here ya go... The 2022 Silverado full reveal!

I think all of the upgrades pretty much addressed what GM was getting hit over the head for in the first place. For me and just for me personally, I'd want the F/R lockers with ventilated seats (living in Arizona and all). 

8" screen is fine, column shifter I prefer, and the interior is tough enough for my Siberian Husky and my 15 month old. Those two do a number on cars.

The HC and Denali needed a nicer interior to be more "competitive" with the other luxury trucks and initial impressions are showing it will be class leading.

This refresh will be a winner and compliment an already very good/excellent truck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OnTheReel said:

Can confirm TRX is dumb. And hilarious.

E9976DE3-CC63-417E-9791-78E743BCB9D1.thumb.jpeg.a1b42ee9f00f4dbd7c4b26e76ff6bfab.jpeg

Did you finally get your TRX?  If you did congrats. Wish GM had the b@lls to put a supercharger on the 6.2L.  Atleast as a factory option. What a waste!  Anyone saying 420HP is enough haven’t been in any really fast cars/trucks. It’s addicting and a glorious hoot!!!  

buddy has an Avalanche with a supercharged 6.2L, forges pistons, and race cam, and 4.10 rear end and that thing screams. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TNTSilverado said:

Did you finally get your TRX?  If you did congrats. Wish GM had the b@lls to put a supercharger on the 6.2L.  Atleast as a factory option. What a waste!  Anyone saying 420HP is enough haven’t been in any really fast cars/trucks. It’s addicting and a glorious hoot!!!  

buddy has an Avalanche with a supercharged 6.2L, forges pistons, and race cam, and 4.10 rear end and that thing screams. 

Yeah, it came in last month. Well worth the 4 month wait. It’s ridiculous and way quicker than anything this size deserves to be.

Nothing stopping GM from doing the same except their leadership. CEO and half the people in that video are women. They don’t understand that we men are dumb and need high horsepower in everything for no good reason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

To be honest, I'm happy they went with the stock 6.2 in the ZR2. That means it's more likely to be priced well below a TRX or Raptor for those of us who want a better overlanding/trail rig and leaves room for Chevy to do a ZR2 Bison with a blown 6.2 and a redone high-articulation suspension (rather than just REALLY good shocks on the stock TB suspension that is the Silverado ZR2)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, econometrics said:

LOL, wow. You really have a bias against the T1s. 

I’m still not over dropping Cocoa/Dune interiors. If I wanted to be ensconced in all black, I’d become a mortician. 🙃

This new interior upgrade looks great, I just question whey they weren’t launched with it. GM management never misses a beat to miss a beat.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mandalorian said:

I’m still not over dropping Cocoa/Dune interiors. If I wanted to be ensconced in all black, I’d become a mortician. 🙃

This new interior upgrade looks great, I just question whey they weren’t launched with it. GM management never misses a beat to miss a beat.

GM management is about every last penny, simple as that. But hey that’s their business model and it makes them millions so who am I 

15 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Yeah, it came in last month. Well worth the 4 month wait. It’s ridiculous and way quicker than anything this size deserves to be.

Nothing stopping GM from doing the same except their leadership. CEO and half the people in that video are women. They don’t understand that we men are dumb and need high horsepower in everything for no good reason.

Glad you’re staying around here on the forum. It’s always nice to have your input. 

Does the TRX rear window leak?! 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Over I like the new interior, I think the previous exterior design was nicer but I am sure I will like it eventually. Really excited to see the gmc Denali reveal..  A couple interesting things I’ve noticed in pictures, looks like we finally get power steering column, don’t see adjustable pedals button anywhere, still miss that from the k2s. Also don’t see an ac outlet in the centre console, although it could be somewhere else. Would definitely miss that for my laptop. Don’t see a 12 v plug, but most people probably don’t use that. Also wondering where/if the aux buttons would go in this version. Sure hope they didn’t forget that... Looks like no room to left of steering wheel anymore, which wasn’t a great spot. Would like to see them on ceiling like Ford has had for a long time. Hate the centre console shifter just such a bad waste of space. But the wireless charger is in a better spot, guess they had to with that shifter taking all the room now.  

1993DA60-3C84-41C9-9EC6-7BB52E5A70F0.jpeg

They were just in a complete rush to get the GM trucks out for 2019, and it shows. Not only in the interior, but with the overall build quality we saw early on. I loved my 2016 Sierra but my 19 Silverado was…ehh…very difficult.

GM spent a lot on the chassis and powertrains. So the T1 has always had the bones to be the best. I think this refresh will take it there.

• Like 1

It's not bad, and as others have said it addresses some things people have complained about.  Lockers are great, the extra lift is just 33's instead of 32's it should have had in the first place.   It does have some extra wheel travel and articulation but still significantly less than a Raptor.   Suspension should be improved, but still vastly inferior to the computer controlled on the fly dampening and linkage rear the Raptor has.   It will be interesting to see if it still has the 2+" front end nose dive the Trail Boss/AT4's do, on the commercial they all look very level, but many times what's in the ads/commercial isn't want shows up on dealer lots.   That might be great for a work pickup, but a real off road package truck should sit very close to level.   Front bumper is a good start, they could have done more with the rear.   It should have had 35's, but that would take some major work. Console shifter I could take or leave, to me it takes up a lot of room that could be used for storage, I'd' rather see it stay on the column or be a knob.  Interior is fine, screen looks like what the Buick's have had for awhile.  Hopefully they made the seats more comfortable than my AT4.  They need to step into 2015 and offer a panoroof. 

GM is in a bad position, they basically have to keep the price low, and the only way to do that is offer less and market it.   A current AT4 loaded is $65k, if this new version pushes $70k, a mid tier Raptor that has more tech, more power, and way more off road capability is ~$72k.    Lots of guys wanted to see a supercharger in it, but then it's probably close to $80k and for that you can basically get a tier 2 TRX and the TRX is so far beyond what GM can even dream in off road tech and design it's not even funny.    420hp is perfectly adequate but it's nothing special.   Dodge's standard motor is 410hp, Raptor is 450hp,  2022 Tundra is probably going to be over 400hp,  GM makes a big deal out of the 6.2L but it's nothing special anymore, aside that it seems to eat lifters like a fat kid eats cake.  The Raptor was built from the ground up from off roading, GM is just taking their standard half ton and bolting a couple toys on it and the price needs to reflect that.

Edited by todd308
  • Like 2

Car and Driver thinks it will weigh in around $55K to start. I think that’s close to accurate. My guess was closer to $60K. 

For what you’re getting with the ZR2, that’s a good price. I think it’s smart to sell something $10K cheaper than the Raptor and TRX, knowing it’s not either of those. I’d personally rather have a $55K non supercharged ZR2 vs a $70K alternative for a little more punch in the pedal. 

On 9/9/2021 at 9:18 AM, BIGDOGx said:

I like the zr2 even though I'm thinking it will touch the 90-100k mark, especially considering gm has the ability to probably only build a couple thousand right now so dealers will be marking up the hell out of em imo. Not sure i like the new grill but the 8 year old interior has thankfully been somewhat addressed.

No way that will MSRP at 90-100k. 

I'd guess it will add another $5-7k to the truck price, if you figure it will be similar to the price increase for the Colorado ZR2 as the bar.   In the Silverado that's not a huge deal, but in a GMC, that pushes the MSRP to $70k+  For me if the price is even close the Raptor, the Raptor offers so much more truck, in off road prowess, tech features, power, and even convenience/comfort.    The only other "hidden" advantage might be in rebates, you don't see rebates on the Raptor, so if people can still get $5k etc. off the GM's that will help the price gap.   Assuming GM does not exempt that trim from rebates.  $55k to $70k is still a big price gap for the Chevy, but $65k for this in a GMC trim -vs- $70k for a raptor....raptor every day all day.

• Like 1