Here ya go... The 2022 Silverado full reveal!

32 minutes ago, econometrics said:

Yeah this, to be, was the most odd decision on the ZR2. It really saves you little to nothing on ground clearance. What do the OEM squished exhaust ports really add to the departure angle right now? .5º? It's like 3/4" or something. 

Plus, a bad-A off road truck like this with NO noticeable rear exhaust?! So weird! If they wanted to take away the LOOK of dual exhaust, I hoped they would at least add the GMPE as a standard option for the catback growl. 

Visible exhaust pipes are lame sorry not sorry rear axle dump FTW

Especially those HDMI ports on the bumper yall have. Seriously who thought that was a good idea?

4 minutes ago, shakenfake said:

Visible exhaust pipes are lame sorry not sorry rear axle dump FTW

Especially those HDMI ports on the bumper yall have. Seriously who thought that was a good idea?

😂 I think you're in the minority for wanting invisible exhaust. 

I like the T1 exhaust ports. At least they do not look silly with the round cutouts like RAM and the new F150 Tremor. And much better than having something hanging down from the sides behind the rear wheel. 

The donkey-end of the T1s is so large, that having those exhaust port breaks it all up a little, IMO. 

• Like 2

I hate having exhaust ports like that personally. It means that you are limited in where you place your exits. I am a dump guy I don't like showing my exhaust.

Lack of exhaust ports just makes the vehicle look cleaner and a little more of a smooth suave look. That may just be me though

I actually don't mind the exhaust ports, though I do admit now everytime I see them I see HDMI ports.   What I didn't like about the one ZR2 they showed is the exhaust outlet fires right into the back bumper, seems like to me that could be a restriction.    I don't think what they did really saved them much departure angle, but it did give them basically the same #'s as the Raptor/TRX so that's probably what they were shooting for to be able to claim. 

It will be interesting to see if they corrected the UCA and CV joint angles on the ZR2, because they are pretty extreme even stock on the AT4/TB.  We've seen plenty of wheels fall off with broken UCA's using leveling spacers. 

I also think it's important to keep in mind that while it might be a great off road 1/2 ton pickup, that's still really not saying much when compared to some other non half ton options.  The ZR2 boasts basically the same approach/departure angles as the Raptor/TRX, (though much less articulation than either one) of 31/23 degrees which is basically as good as it gets in a 1/2 ton.   However, compared to say a Bronco or Rubicon who both boast approach/departure angles of 43-44/37 degrees, or the Gladiator Rubicon has ratio of 44/26, the Tacoma TRD Pro will now be 37/27.  Even the AT4 Yukon is 35/23, Land Cruiser TRD Pro is 32/27, 4 runner trd pro 33/26.  It's clear that even the ZR2 Silverado is not going to keep up with other popular off road versions when it comes to getting it's nose over stuff.  Though significantly better than the AT4 that can't even get to 28 degrees approach even if you remove both black front mall skirts

Now of course if you have to have a 1/2 ton, of course none of those other vehicles are an option, but I do think it's interesting to put the specs into relationship with other vehicles that are considered popular for off-road to realize at the end of the day obstacle clearance wise none of the 1/2 tons ZR2/Raptor/TRX will keep up with quite a few other popular SUV type options including GM's own AT4 Yukon. 

Edited by todd308

On 9/20/2021 at 2:58 PM, econometrics said:

What's going to be the main differences from a fully loaded LT TB and the ZR2? That's what is left to be determined here. It's possible they will cut down the options on the LT TB to make space for the ZR2. 

Right now, it seems the main upgrades with the ZR2 are only: 

• 1" more of ground clearance due to 33" tires vs 32" (probably negligible in price, for the most part) 
  • Electronic lockers 
  • DSSV shocks 
  • Ventilated seats, rear camera mirror, HUD

So I guess I don't see how that would make the ZR2 $5K more in MSRP than the LT TB fully loaded. I think that's the point we're all making... the ZR2 is great, but it's not "next level" like a TRX or Raptor... so it won't be priced anywhere near that. 

Go spec out a fully loaded AT4. You’re right at 65k. (Non carbon Pro)Then add selectable front and rear lockers. Then add bigger tires. Then add a different front bumper and actual skid plates. Then add DSSV shocks. The new ZR2 seems to be a fully loaded AT4 with all those additional added options I just mentioned. I’m not saying it’s going to be 70k, but it’s going to be dang close.  There is no way GM is giving us an ZR2 speced like a current fully loaded AT4 with all that additional stuff for the same price as a current AT4. 

2 hours ago, spizike9 said:

Go spec out a fully loaded AT4. You’re right at 65k. (Non carbon Pro)Then add selectable front and rear lockers. Then add bigger tires. Then add a different front bumper and actual skid plates. Then add DSSV shocks. The new ZR2 seems to be a fully loaded AT4 with all those additional added options I just mentioned. I’m not saying it’s going to be 70k, but it’s going to be dang close.  There is no way GM is giving us an ZR2 speced like a current fully loaded AT4 with all that additional stuff for the same price as a current AT4. 

I agree 100%.
And are we  sure the AT4 dosent get the stuff the ZR2 gets ? I would imagine they are going to release Sierra next month. 

Pricing in general is going to be interesting. Lots of factors going to be at play, and most would increase the cost of these trucks.

Inventory will still be tight.

Manufacturers also plan to be more biased to a customer order model vs buying off the lot and potentially getting a better deal on a truck that’s been sitting awhile.

Then of course we have fuel prices and the government printing money like bonkers.

On the flip side, it’s obvious that GM was committing highway robbery on the 2019-21 upper trim levels based on the interior you got. Any improvements they make on inside are gonna have to (at least partially) come out of their margins to stay competitive.

The ZR2 may not poach as many GMC customers if the AT4 lands with an even nicer interior (perhaps shared with the Denali), SuperCruise, etc.

Guessing they will be priced around the same with the ZR2 being the better off roader and the AT4 being the nicer truck. Both will have to be under 70k IMO.

They might end up being like the Bronco, dealers selling them for $20k over MSRP, and offering those with reservations $10k at delivery to let the dealer keep it and jack up the price even more to someone else.   Car lots are still basically empty many places, the car market is basically impossible to predict at this point what it will look like 6 months from now when these might be coming out.

If they keep the normal Trail Boss and AT4 trims, they probably won't make high ZR2's production #'s. Add that to the fact that production is already a crap shoot with delays and parts/labor issues.  They may be going to the highest bidders with huge dealer "market adjustments" 

The ZR2 is going to be in huge demand, especially since they probably won't be making that many if they keep the Trail Boss and normal AT4 versions going forward, and of course also depending highly on price. It offers from what I can tell everything the highest trim 21' AT4 does, plus lockers, better shocks, and much more functional front end for off roading.   It won't compare to a Raptor, but it's WAY more truck than the current Trail Boss or AT4 is.  If I didn't want to go away from a pickup, and I had another vehicle to get by, I'd dump my AT4 as fast as possible because the market is going to be flooded with guys dumping Trail Boss and AT4's once the ZR2's hit dealers this spring.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TxTruckMan said:

I read that there’s gonna be an AT4X which will be the Sierra equivalent to the ZR2. 

I’ve heard a few people mention that and I’m not saying you are wrong, but can you please source that rumor? It’ll be interesting to see what they do. I just wish pricing would hurry up and come out. I think I’d be a player at 65k on ZR2. However once you get up into 70k for a truck that only comes on 33s with leaf springs is just too much. 

22 hours ago, spizike9 said:

I’ve heard a few people mention that and I’m not saying you are wrong, but can you please source that rumor? It’ll be interesting to see what they do. I just wish pricing would hurry up and come out. I think I’d be a player at 65k on ZR2. However once you get up into 70k for a truck that only comes on 33s with leaf springs is just too much. 

GM authority 

• Thanks 1

GM should absolutely make a ZR2 equivalent AT4.  Why not AT4X like it’s been mention to go along the AT4.  It will sell. Period. And people please stop comparing one of the hottest cars to come out in last 20 years in Bronco to a Silverado. Ford killed it with the Bronco. But hey we have the trail blazer.  

GM’s been teasing an AT4 Lineup all over social media. I can’t help but think the AT4X will be the top-end and will be largely analogous to the ZR2. Definitely the same electronic bits & lockers, probably the shocks, but maybe a different bumper treatment.

On 9/28/2021 at 9:48 AM, f8l vnm said:

GM should absolutely make a ZR2 equivalent AT4.  Why not AT4X like it’s been mention to go along the AT4.  It will sell. Period. And people please stop comparing one of the hottest cars to come out in last 20 years in Bronco to a Silverado. Ford killed it with the Bronco. But hey we have the trail blazer.  

Agree to the extent but the Bronco isn’t all “joys”. It’s leaking and squeaking roof is a pain in the @$$ for most owners. Go watch TFLtruck and listen to the “POS” squeak. Also the non-offering of a V8 is terrible. The 5.0L should have made it into the vehicle.  The only thing I like about it is the retro-styling.   Ford did it great justice. Everything else. Muh.  Most will be pavement pounding princesses just like all the other lifted Jeeps, Raptors, TRXs, Trailbosses, AT4s, and future ZR2s