Here ya go... The 2022 Silverado full reveal!

Yeah the Tire size on the AT4X should have been bigger.  GM did nice things like the lockers and Shocks  and of course the interior but man some stones were still left unturned.  And again how does your base engine have more torque then your 5.3L V8? 

Yep, GM is now the only big player still using steel leaf springs from the early 1800's for it's rear suspension.   That said they are also the only big truck player that offers a tiny sunroof from the 80's when everyone else offers giant panoramic moonroofs.   Also these days their 420hp/460ft/lbs 6.2 isn't anything special.  Everyone has 400+ hp now.  Hopefully they at least offer a larger gas tank than the 24gal baby tank.

We shouldn't be surprised, GM really has proven for decades it has no real idea what an off-road truck is, and they focus on a solidly built, quiet, fairly nice interior.  I was really shocked they did not fix the approach angle on the AT4, it still has the mall crawler front bumper.  Looks like it might be a tiny bit better than the old AT4, but not much and no where near the ZR2.   Also the 32.6" tires with the same square wheel wheels are going to make putting anything on that's larger than 33.5"-34" or so an issue if you really off road it.   A level doesn't let you add a bigger tire if you compress the suspension, if it rubs on the factory suspension, it will rub on a level as soon as you compress the front end off road.

The way I see it, for basically the same $ as a high package 35" Raptor you can have an AT4-X.  It might have a bit more refined refined...subdued...luxury car.....grandpa'ish interior, but the only advantage it has over a Raptor off-road is a front electric locker, and it's probably a few inches narrower.  I'd be willing to bet those two advantages are vastly overshadowed by the fact that the Raptor has more clearance, better approach angles, 35" tires, computer controlled only the fly suspension dampening, significantly more articulation and suspension travel front AND rear, not to mention way more aftermarket support.  

The ZR2 with it's significantly better front approach angle and it's greater wheel well room for bigger tires is a better off road performer than the AT4-X will be. 

• Like 1

What’s everyone think of the interior? I’m not huge on the new exterior but the Denali ultimate is pretty cool...  

I think the console shifter will grow on me, still think it’s a waste of space. I do like the new location of the trailer brake controller on the console. Also interesting that the Chevy and gmc are quite different on the inside. Absolutely love that leather colour on the ultimate!  Let’s hope they do this to the HD’s for 2023..

09D964F5-B517-42F8-81E9-8D3C932AB905.jpeg

2AC06F8C-1753-4DB0-8BB0-63CD801FD3DC.jpeg

I don't mind the interior, I really like the new instrument cluster, there's so much redundant/wasted info in the 21' with not only the analog speedo/rpm, but also just in the screens.  There's speed on the HUD, speed on the analog speedo, and then speed on the instrument digital display.  Give me more ability to see actually unique information not the same info in 3 places at once.   The HUD is huge, so much possibility that GM didn't deliver with the HUD info.   Show me rpm (buick does this), show me blind spot indicators, show me the parking sensors, high beams, fuel range.   All kinds of info that's on the instrument cluster could be moved to the HUD and allow drivers to keep their eyes on the road more. 

The infotainment screen is okay.....most of the screens I've seen so far on it you don't really have anymore room than the current tiny screen, you just get another optional side panel next to it for a clock or something silly.   Plus they make a big deal that it's 13" wide.....yeah but it's only 3.5" tall.   No one wants to navigate on a 13"x3.5" map.   Don't care about the console shifter.  

Seats still look super narrow, the console is too wide, narrow it up a couple inches and open up the "roominess" of the driver/passenger seating.   Still comes with a 1980's sunroof, no excuse to not have a panoroof option in 2020, much less 2022.  Still doesn't look like there's any aux switches built in.  The climate control looks like a 1990's head unit.  

Also the cameras, for me anytime I'm driving less than 10 mph, put the cameras up on the screen, and those views should be visible while driving at any speed without a time limit.   Somehow GM thinks it's safe for them to flash up the rear/side view while I'm towing a giant trailer and attract my focus to the infotainment center, but unsafe for me to see those views when I'm not.

It now has paddle shifters which sound fun, but they also risk winning the title of slowest vehicle with paddle shifters! 🤣

Hopefully they fixed the interior lighting, the front seat lighting (unless you are reading something in your lap) is the worst of any vehicle I've had since my 76' blazer.    These are basically $80k trucks, they should have footwell lighting, glove box lights, real console lights (in the lid shining down, not the useless one they have now) etc. 

Edited by todd308

4 minutes ago, todd308 said:

I don't mind the interior, I really like the new instrument cluster, there's so much redundant/wasted info in the 21' with not only the analog speedo/rpm, but also just in the screens.  There's speed on the HUD, speed on the analog speedo, and then speed on the instrument digital display.  Give me more ability to see actually unique information not the same info in 3 places at once.   The HUD is huge, so much possibility that GM didn't deliver with the HUD info.   Show me rpm (buick does this), show me blind spot indicators, show me the parking sensors, high beams, fuel range.   All kinds of info that's on the instrument cluster could be moved to the HUD and allow drivers to keep their eyes on the road more. 

The infotainment screen is okay.....most of the screens I've seen so far on it you don't really have anymore room than the current tiny screen, you just get another optional side panel next to it for a clock or something silly.   Plus they make a big deal that it's 13" wide.....yeah but it's only 3.5" tall.   No one wants to navigate on a 13"x3.5" map.   Don't care about the console shifter.  

Seats still look super narrow, the console is too wide, narrow it up a couple inches and open up the "roominess" of the driver/passenger seating.   Still comes with a 1980's sunroof, no excuse to not have a panoroof option in 2020, much less 2022.  Still doesn't look like there's any aux switches built in.  The climate control looks like a 1990's head unit.  

Also the cameras, for me anytime I'm driving less than 10 mph, put the cameras up on the screen, and those views should be visible while driving at any speed without a time limit.   Somehow GM thinks it's safe for them to flash up the rear/side view while I'm towing a giant trailer and attract my focus to the infotainment center, but unsafe for me to see those views when I'm not.

It now has paddle shifters which sound fun, but they also risk winning the title of slowest vehicle with paddle shifters! 🤣

Totally agree with all of this!  How they don’t have a moonroof or aux switches built in yet I don’t understand. They did add massaging seats to the ultimate so that’s cool I guess. Super cruise also sounds cool, but have to you wait a try it. All in all a step in the right direction I think..

Another funny aside, I was watching one of the preview videos and it looks like even on these $75k+ trucks GM is still using incandescent license plate lights.    Moves like this really make you wonder how many other cost cutting stuff they are doing where you can't see.    Like those lifters 🤣

Edited by todd308
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, todd308 said:

Another funny aside, I was watching one of the preview videos and it looks like even on these $75k+ trucks GM is still using incandescent license plate lights.   

Completely agree with your statement, no reason every bulb on the new trucks are not LED's. Combo of two lights looks really cheap, and outdated. 

15 hours ago, 2k19Sierra said:

What’s everyone think of the interior? I’m not huge on the new exterior but the Denali ultimate is pretty cool...  

I think the console shifter will grow on me, still think it’s a waste of space. I do like the new location of the trailer brake controller on the console. Also interesting that the Chevy and gmc are quite different on the inside. Absolutely love that leather colour on the ultimate!  Let’s hope they do this to the HD’s for 2023..

I'm in complete agreement with you. I didn't really care for all the chrome on the Denali when I was looking to buy. Just a personal preference, not throwing shade at any Denali owners. But I do like the look of the new Denali Ultimate.

I think the interior is a huge upgrade.

At first glance I believe I like the exterior styling of my 21' over the new styling.

One of the things I absolutely loved on the F-150 Limited I test drove was the massaging seats. Nice to see GM step up to the plate there.

All in all, I'll be sticking with what I've got.

I find the lack of interior 12v and 120v outlets conspicuous, unless they're hidden somewhere. They show a 120v in the bed but the switch to activate the inverter is missing from the switch bank. And they could have used the updated interior in the Pro/WT and just used easy-to-clean resilient materials and a smaller screen, not sure why they decided to hold onto the old outdated design.

1 hour ago, UncleDave said:

I find the lack of interior 12v and 120v outlets conspicuous, unless they're hidden somewhere. They show a 120v in the bed but the switch to activate the inverter is missing from the switch bank. And they could have used the updated interior in the Pro/WT and just used easy-to-clean resilient materials and a smaller screen, not sure why they decided to hold onto the old outdated design.

200% agree with you mate but your answer is MONEY ..These corporations make 100% if their decision based on profit. 

I will buy one when available. Leaning more toward the Silverado. Not sure I like the air vents look over the top of the screen on the Sierra. I will have to see one in person to decide. Probably be my last top of the line truck purchase. I will drive it til they take my drivers license away or there are no more gasoline pumps. hahahaha