Here ya go... The 2022 Silverado full reveal!

At a certain point you have to get in and drive. Ignore the fake drama about reliability (FCA's are just as reliable as GM on average, the big 3 are all the same) and about platform age; how does it feel to drive? And looks? And sounds?

No question about it; I'll take a 6.4 manual challenger 100 times over the genesis. It's bigger, more comfortable, sounds amazing, and is a total brute. It's a comfortable city/highway cruiser or muscle car, it's not a track car so don't judge it as one. You buy it to drive around comfortably and with power, performance, and noise which is exciting. Nobody who owns one gives a second of though as to how old the platform is, they're too busy enjoying it. At my height I doubt Id' even be able to scrunch myself into a Korean puddle jumper but I may be surprised.

And yes, the genesis is very effeminate, I cannot find a more politically correct term to describe the difference, not going to apologize if you're offended over that opinion of mine. It's the choice of motor, the lack of exhaust burble, the size, the soft swooping lines etc. It's too soft and refined.

Oh no I understand what you are trying to say but now you are saying that the whole car is effeminate not just your previous statement of V6s being effeminate. F1 uses V6 engines, is that effeminate? A better term would be boring, lame, ugly, dull. I could think of a plethora of words.

Brainlet: Image Gallery (Sorted by Views) | Know Your Meme

Edited by shakenfake

47 minutes ago, shakenfake said:

Oh no I understand what you are trying to say but now you are saying that the whole car is effeminate not just your previous statement of V6s being effeminate. F1 uses V6 engines, is that effeminate? A better term would be boring, lame, ugly, dull. I could think of a plethora of words.

Brainlet: Image Gallery (Sorted by Views) | Know Your Meme

I'm saying the whole car is, yes. But the engine is a huge part of it, I just don't like v6's in a performance car/truck. Remember GM's mantra: "there is no replacement for displacement", and the 6.4 SRT is literally twice the engine found in that little genesis.

If I simply wanted the fastest car from 0 to 60 I'd get a tesla. There is far more to a car than that.

8 minutes ago, the wanderer said:

I'm saying the whole car is, yes. But the engine is a huge part of it, I just don't like v6's in a performance car/truck. Remember GM's mantra: "there is no replacement for displacement", and the 6.4 SRT is literally twice the engine found in that little genesis.

If I simply wanted the fastest car from 0 to 60 I'd get a tesla. There is far more to a car than that.

GM made some performance V-6s. That bested the V-8s at the time. But again I was comparing to the reg Hemi. As I also said the cylinder deactivation kept me from buying. Loved the car. There’s some pretty good performance cars from Hyundai and Kia. I believe GM is heading towards all electric. 

Edited by KARNUT

I had a supercharged V-6 in my Audi S4. It was strong stock, gobs of torque everywhere. Engine/Tranny tune made it even better. Drove like a big block.

I had to show a newer Challenger what's what a few years ago.

The real question is now that GM is jockeying again for king of the slowest 1/2 ton truck offerings, will we see more power. 

Ford has the Raptor, Powerboost, Lightning all faster than a 6.2

Ram has the TRX

I'll bet the Tundra with the hybrid will wax a 6.2 with it's 30% more torque

I suppose it will still be faster than the NIssan Titan.

GM is jockeying again for king of the slowest 1/2 ton truck

More great advertising slogans for GM😂🤣🤣😂😮

Amazed they just don come to the site for all of their marketing materials😬

Edited by JimCost2014

56 minutes ago, todd308 said:

The real question is now that GM is jockeying again for king of the slowest 1/2 ton truck offerings, will we see more power. 

Ford has the Raptor, Powerboost, Lightning all faster than a 6.2

Ram has the TRX

I'll bet the Tundra with the hybrid will wax a 6.2 with it's 30% more torque

I suppose it will still be faster than the NIssan Titan.

A 6.2L with GMs performance package will beat or keep right with a Raptor.  I have a full Corsa Sport Exhaust and S&B intake and I know I can stay with a Raptor, IDK about the newest model (2021)haven't raced one. Now for the other 2 Fords, No it won't, and because it's not an apples to apples comparison, which is no excuse I agree with you. As for the TRX, well if Ram made that into a Sport Truck, say SRT...it would be in my driveway. 

The Tundra will be interesting, especially on how Toyota geared it along with the tranny shifts. It looks like a big ol' brick!!

GM has always been one of the fastest trucks made from production all the way back to the Vortec motors in the 96-98 C/K trucks. maybe even before that, Don't know about that wasn't driving then. I agree with you that GM needed to step up their game and should have made the 5.3L and 6.2L with way more power. Also offer a supercharger package one can buy from them to be dealer installed, and/or just give us a supercharged truck!!  One off-road and one street

The Raptor is usually neck and neck, depending more on modes, driver etc.   I don't think the 2021 is really any faster.  To me the 6.2 AT4 feels like it jumps away better, but once the Raptor is spun up, it's a rocket.  It would be interesting to see the 0-100 times, because to me by "seat of the pants" feel the Raptor seems like it has more punch when you jump on it on the highway, and the AT4 has more power down low.   Not really surprising given the engine differences. 

I just think it's amusing how GM makes such a big deal out of the 6.2 when it's pretty much average these days in power, when it's not eating it's own lifters.   I honestly don't even think a truck really needs more power, sure I'll take more, but if I'm towing heavy, I want a diesel anyway, and if it's stoplight to stoplight there are tons of vehicles faster.  Plus, while I didn't buy it for gas mileage, I wouldn't want to go much below the 14mpg I get now in mixed driving, not unless they stick a 36gal tank in it.

If I had to guess the next engine we'll see will be a twin turbo, with more power than the 6.2 and better mileage.  Maybe a hybrid option.  

5 minutes ago, todd308 said:

If I had to guess the next engine we'll see will be a twin turbo, with more power than the 6.2 and better mileage.  Maybe a hybrid option.  

Bingo. What Toyota just released with the new Tundra shows there's a move away from displacement, and towards forced air torque/HP gains. 

I also feel that a lacking supercharged 6.2L Vortec almost shows GM has no R&D interest in investing in that powertrain any further. The future is electric and lower displacement, forced air powertrains with higher MPG averages. Whether we like it, or not. 

With that in mind, I'm eager to buy a ZR2 and nab a 6.2 while I still can. That's more than enough power for me, with the true V8 growl to go with it. I'll take less torque/HP for the sound of a V8 exhaust over an Ecoboost sound-modded Raptor any day. (The TRX is a whole 'nother story. I'm just excluding her... as it's an MPG dog that is not a realistic daily driver for me.) 

49 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

I've wooped two Raptors, however if I had the big heavy tires and the lift a Raptor has I would definitely have lost.  Now I have not raced a Limited, they have the Raptor motor and regular tires.  

Gotta love it! Hopefully the race was in Mexico :) Gotta love the 6.2 but man i yearn for more power!!!!!!!! hahaha

How much does your truck weigh ? does Raptors are i believe around 5700/5800 lbs 

4 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Gotta love it! Hopefully the race was in Mexico :) Gotta love the 6.2 but man i yearn for more power!!!!!!!! hahaha

How much does your truck weigh ? does Raptors are i believe around 5700/5800 lbs 

Of course in Mexico.  I do not know how much my truck weighs.  My truck has ran 13.61 stock with 800 miles on it.  I have 3.23 gears.  Crew cab short bed 4wd, leather buckets.   

Edited by SILVER SLED

17 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

Of course in Mexico.  I do not know how much my truck weighs.  My truck has ran 13.61 stock with 800 miles on it.  I have 3.23 gears.  Crew cab short bed 4wd, leather buckets.   

Take your GVWR and subtract the payload. Good stuff mate 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

That’s amazing for anything, especially a truck. I was with my brother when he did his first run with his little red truck. The fastest production vehicle in 1979. It ran mid fifteen. My 94 Z-28 ran a 14.02. My trailblazer ss ran 13.92.