Here ya go... The 2022 Silverado full reveal!

Bronco is marketing genius, it's 95% of the off road ability of a Rubicon, but significantly better as a daily driver, with a much better laid out interior.  It's easily modified to take up to 37" tires and a lift, and setup with most of what people want in an off-roader.    It already has more aftermarket support than a Silverado does in off-road toys. It has it's issues of course, most owners will never notice due to pure nostalgia.  The interior feels cheap and plastic, even compared to a JL and that's saying something.   It was never going to get a V8, even the F150 raptor doesn't have one yet, and if it did, 99.9% of the guys screaming for a V8 wouldn't pay the $100k price tag for one with it.  No different than the guys screaming how bad they want a supercharged AT4, most of them will get really quiet when it comes with a $85k price tag.  Same as the guys that can't wait for a Raptor R, until they see the $100+k price tag.

I wasn't comparing the silverado to the bronco, simply that the car market is nuts right now and unpredictable at best.  We've seen dealers tacking on $10k market adjustments to AT4's, refusing discount pricing, tacking on things to make up the rebate, etc..  So if the ZR2 and AT4-x are much more limited in production than TB/AT4's and as such much more in demand.  Those same dealers will happily add on big market adjustments to them as well, meaning MSRP doesn't matter because dealers will charge over it.   I'd imagine much like Ford even if you order a GM you are not guaranteed pricing, and GM will simply cop out and say pricing is between the dealer and customer. 

If you want to know just how far off the pace GM is and where their priorities really lie......Ford brought back an iconic vehicle in the old Bronco name and gave us this, seen all over Moab and other off road spots carrying on the off-road heritage. 

2021-Ford-Bronco-Hells-Gate-1024x1024.jp

Meanwhile GM had the Blazer another iconic full size off road vehicle, these days selling for almost as much as the old bronco's, and even the S10 version that was known for punching above its weight class, ZR2 versions, full aluminum skid plate options, with it's nearly indestructible 4.3L....and how did they honor those Blazers of old..... 

2021-Chevy-Blazer-City-Couple.jpg

with something that even insults even base model S10 Blazer owners.   As a previous owner of a 76' Blazer, and 98' ZR2 blazer, I think I threw up in my mouth a little when I first saw it.  

Edited by todd308
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, todd308 said:

Bronco is marketing genius, it's 95% of the off road ability of a Rubicon, but significantly better as a daily driver, with a much better laid out interior.  It's easily modified to take up to 37" tires and a lift, and setup with most of what people want in an off-roader.    It already has more aftermarket support than a Silverado does in off-road toys. It has it's issues of course, most owners will never notice due to pure nostalgia.  The interior feels cheap and plastic, even compared to a JL and that's saying something.   It was never going to get a V8, even the F150 raptor doesn't have one yet, and if it did, 99.9% of the guys screaming for a V8 wouldn't pay the $100k price tag for one with it.  No different than the guys screaming how bad they want a supercharged AT4, most of them will get really quiet when it comes with a $85k price tag.  Same as the guys that can't wait for a Raptor R, until they see the $100+k price tag.

I wasn't comparing the silverado to the bronco, simply that the car market is nuts right now and unpredictable at best.  We've seen dealers tacking on $10k market adjustments to AT4's, refusing discount pricing, tacking on things to make up the rebate, etc..  So if the ZR2 and AT4-x are much more limited in production than TB/AT4's and as such much more in demand.  Those same dealers will happily add on big market adjustments to them as well, meaning MSRP doesn't matter because dealers will charge over it.   I'd imagine much like Ford even if you order a GM you are not guaranteed pricing, and GM will simply cop out and say pricing is between the dealer and customer. 

If you want to know just how far off the pace GM is and where their priorities really lie......Ford brought back an iconic vehicle in the old Bronco name and gave us this, seen all over Moab and other off road spots carrying on the off-road heritage. 

2021-Ford-Bronco-Hells-Gate-1024x1024.jp

Meanwhile GM had the Blazer another iconic full size off road vehicle, these days selling for almost as much as the old bronco's, and even the S10 version that was known for punching above its weight class, ZR2 versions, full aluminum skid plate options, with it's nearly indestructible 4.3L....and how did they honor those Blazers of old..... 

with something that even insults even base model S10 Blazer owners.   As a previous owner of a 76' Blazer, and 98' ZR2 blazer, I think I threw up in my mouth a little when I first saw it.  

I also agree with you on some extent, but off road vehicles are used for their intensive purposes few and far between now a days. People spending $40k all the way up to $80k for these “so called off road” trucks ARE NOT TAKING them off-roading because of the risk of damaging something, resulting in even

more of an already outstanding investment into a depreciating asset!! 
Many can knock the new blazer all they want, but go drive one! I drove the “RS” model and I was completely caught off guard on how refined it was. It drove amazing, pin-drop quiet, steering is responsive and quick, handled as well as my old 2006 SS Trailblazer, and I love the camaro vibe it puts out, Inside and outside of the vehicle. To each their own but around here in the Midwest I have seen more Blazers than Edges which is it’s direct competition. Heck, I’ve even heard rumors that Ford is getting rid of the Edge now?? 
I would have bought a Blazer for the wife, but we needed 3 rows so I just got her a new Redline Premier Traverse and I really am digging it. Rides awesome, super quiet, handles extremely well for a 3 rows,  drives smaller than other 3 rows, MPGS are around 25, and looks sleek and stealthy. To each their own, but my choice is this look instead of a big blocky off roader that’s overweight, and its performance is hindered by huge off-road wheels that “MOST” people will never use them for. It’s more of an image/ego thing that I’ve seen with most people who drive them. 

7ED18653-669B-40FD-833D-BE7FBA89B405.jpeg

Edited by TNTSilverado

13 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

GM just went limp on us. 

They really did, didn't they? The only company that has delivered on trucks/suvs with some balls is FCA, and people like to trash them for some reason. But find me a manufacturer that has put more tire shredding v8's in everything they possibly can; from charger, challenger, 300, grand cherokee, durango, rubicon, trx ...  I'll wait.

GM is what you get when you put someone with an aversion to risk and all things "fun" at the top of the corporate ladder. I love the 1500 with 6.2 and/or 3.0 and of course the 2500's and new vette but other than that, there is literally nothing else I would buy from them at this point and my family was literally force-fed GM for at least 2 or 3 generations.

37 minutes ago, the wanderer said:

They really did, didn't they? The only company that has delivered on trucks/suvs with some balls is FCA, and people like to trash them for some reason. But find me a manufacturer that has put more tire shredding v8's in everything they possibly can; from charger, challenger, 300, grand cherokee, durango, rubicon, trx ...  I'll wait.

GM is what you get when you put someone with an aversion to risk and all things "fun" at the top of the corporate ladder. I love the 1500 with 6.2 and/or 3.0 and of course the 2500's and new vette but other than that, there is literally nothing else I would buy from them at this point and my family was literally force-fed GM for at least 2 or 3 generations.

I couldn't agree more with you!!  FCA has done fantastic job listening to their customers on the performance side of vehicles. They go all out when it comes to V8's with high-horsepower. I really love that. If they would have come out with an SRT variant of the TRX this year, I might have bought one, since GM is 'blindly" missing out of this market share and going all in on "EV's" it seems. 

I will argue that performance wise, the Camaro is a bargain, and repeatedly beats the Mustang and Challenger in every head to head comparison I've read. It's just that GM didn't do enough to the inside of the "catastrophic feel" of the cabin for it to sell, and that's a shame because it's a dang good car. 

18 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

I couldn't agree more with you!!  FCA has done fantastic job listening to their customers on the performance side of vehicles. They go all out when it comes to V8's with high-horsepower. I really love that. If they would have come out with an SRT variant of the TRX this year, I might have bought one, since GM is 'blindly" missing out of this market share and going all in on "EV's" it seems. 

I will argue that performance wise, the Camaro is a bargain, and repeatedly beats the Mustang and Challenger in every head to head comparison I've read. It's just that GM didn't do enough to the inside of the "catastrophic feel" of the cabin for it to sell, and that's a shame because it's a dang good car. 

In 2011 I test drove a challenger. I had a 74 barracuda new as my second car. It of course was miles better. My brother owns one. It had a stick and was priced right. I passed when I found it had cylinder deactivation. I bought a Genesis Coup instead. Much to my surprise it was quicker. I have to agree all things equal GM is dropping  the ball it’s not really an enthusiast auto maker anymore. Even Ford has SUVs that offer more performance than GM. Shame on GM.

Edited by KARNUT
  • Like 1

Camaro was a huge bargain , heck the ZL1 1LE is still one the most badass track cars and nothing can touch it for the money. 

But as you can see by the awful facelift GM did couple of years ago , and absolutely nothing else, they gave up on the Maro again as I'm sure they will AXE it again. 

Also I like the Blazer/Trail blazer. Nice little SUV's that look good and are pretty decent on gas . But why on gods green earth would you call it a blazer? 

Camaro I believe is going away in 2024. I can't remember where I read that though. I think it looks good. 

Also someone deleted my comment about the blazers so I'll restate.

You are lame (there mods) if you think the blazer is not sick. 

1 hour ago, KARNUT said:

In 2011 I test drove a challenger. I had a 74 barracuda new as my second car. It of course was miles better. My brother owns one. It had a stick and was priced right. I passed when I found it had cylinder deactivation. I bought a Genesis Coup instead. Much to my surprise it was quicker. I have to agree all things equal GM is dropping  the ball it’s not really an enthusiast auto maker anymore. Even Ford has SUVs that offer more performance than GM. Shame on GM.

Really? You'd pick an effeminate v6 over an 840 hp v8 "srt demon"? You can turn off the MDS by using the gear limiter on automatics ("limit" it to 8th gear and MDS stays off), or just buy the manual and you don't get MDS.

For me it's not all about 0 to 60 though. If I were to get a challenger, it would the srt scat pack with a N/A 6.4 hemi and 6 speed manual. I have nothing against Genesis, they are just not what I'm looking for. I want a car with some presence, some rumble, some character, something a little brash.

1 hour ago, shakenfake said:

Camaro I believe is going away in 2024. I can't remember where I read that though. I think it looks good. 

Also someone deleted my comment about the blazers so I'll restate.

You are lame (there mods) if you think the blazer is not sick. 

https://www.motortrend.com/news/chevrolet-camaro-discontinued-ev-sedan-rumor/

https://www.motortrend.com/news/camaro-ends-2024-limited-collectors-edition/

Edited by TNTSilverado

1 hour ago, the wanderer said:

Really? You'd pick an effeminate v6 over an 840 hp v8 "srt demon"? You can turn off the MDS by using the gear limiter on automatics ("limit" it to 8th gear and MDS stays off), or just buy the manual and you don't get MDS.

For me it's not all about 0 to 60 though. If I were to get a challenger, it would the srt scat pack with a N/A 6.4 hemi and 6 speed manual. I have nothing against Genesis, they are just not what I'm looking for. I want a car with some presence, some rumble, some character, something a little brash.

I guess you never drove a G-80. When I had my Genesis sports car I also had a stroke blown lowered 92 Chevy truck. I was comparing a Genesis with the regular hemi challenger. Hell my wife’s Genesis R-spec sedan out runs the hemi challenger. I like the challenger. I’m not buying anything with cylinder deactivation ever. I’d never buy a hell cat. You really can’t enjoy it on the street. I’m done racing. As far as handling I have a intagra type r. for that. But the Genesis coup was a challenger killer there no question. Bin there done that. 

On 9/21/2021 at 1:03 PM, econometrics said:

😂 I think you're in the minority for wanting invisible exhaust. 

I like the T1 exhaust ports. At least they do not look silly with the round cutouts like RAM and the new F150 Tremor. And much better than having something hanging down from the sides behind the rear wheel. 

The donkey-end of the T1s is so large, that having those exhaust port breaks it all up a little, IMO. 

It boils down to two camps, those who want something hidden so they don't get damaged (ie those who off road) and those who just run around on road and think exhausts look cool. So since most don't leave the pavement then yeah, that is the minority. When Dodge first showed the dual bumper exhaust the first thing I thought was man, that is going to suck when going through a ditch or something off road, trucks already have a bad enough departure angle, lets but a vulnerable part there! Sure enough, you watch the videos like on TFL truck in Moab and all three and dragging and crimping tail pipes! Excellent location! Yes, hide the dang exhaust, lets put aesthetics on the bench and maybe try something that is useful for its duties. People complained about the bumper steps not looking good, boo hoo, they are useful as heck to get in the bed and don't hinder departure angle or can break off like a fold down step does. Again, usefulness > aesthetics...

22 hours ago, todd308 said:

There was nothing "iconic" about the Blazer name, it had a 3 decade run while constantly being watered down (FS Blazer to MS Blazer to Tralblazer) and the FS eventually turned in to the Tahoe, oh the heritage! Flat out the current Blazer sells extremely well and once the new hype dies off it will outsell the Bronco. It is miles better on road where most every customer only drives, and once like the Wrangler where once new buyers realize how bad they are on road like the Bronco is along with all the short comings of the layout, interior, storage, mpg, etc (maybe 30% actually take them off road and that is generous) they will trade them in a few years later. My buddy did with his Wrangler for something better situated to his/their actual use when they finally grow up and stop shopping for a vehicle based on the eyes of a 12 year old rather than what it will be used for. This goes to people who don't buy a minivan for their family and settles for something less useful like an Explorer or Traverse...

4 hours ago, the wanderer said:

People trash them because A) their reliability is questionable at best and B) they run by far the oldest and heaviest platform in the game. Of course they have the money to throw a 700hp engine in their cars and cuv's, they haven't changed the chassis since the mid 2000's, any development cost has been saved ten fold to where they can spice up the lineup with a massive engine in a heavy dated vehicle they nip and tucked the front end dash to for a decade and a half. Don't get me wrong as that is fun, but it is a band aid fix when they could do it right with an actual new platform and full redesign. It s like wanting to lower your car and either cutting their springs as opposed to buying a new designed lowering coil over kit, that is effectively what they did. It looks good, may function a little better in certain areas but an actual new and redesigned vehicle would have been so much better and worked 10x better. Imagine these cars with 500lbs less weight and a platform that can handle and make full use properly of that engine. Then it wouldn't have a 650hp car door to door with it that can stop and turn far better (ZL1).  Shoot, a Mazda CX9 weight less than a Challenger.

Tyler