Here ya go... The 2022 Silverado full reveal!

15 hours ago, todd308 said:

I'd guess it will add another $5-7k to the truck price, if you figure it will be similar to the price increase for the Colorado ZR2 as the bar.   In the Silverado that's not a huge deal, but in a GMC, that pushes the MSRP to $70k+  For me if the price is even close the Raptor, the Raptor offers so much more truck, in off road prowess, tech features, power, and even convenience/comfort.    The only other "hidden" advantage might be in rebates, you don't see rebates on the Raptor, so if people can still get $5k etc. off the GM's that will help the price gap.   Assuming GM does not exempt that trim from rebates.  $55k to $70k is still a big price gap for the Chevy, but $65k for this in a GMC trim -vs- $70k for a raptor....raptor every day all day.

In what world does the Raptor offer much more in any of those categories anymore? 450 HP...only 30 increase. Fox shocks...not really better than the DSSV, just different. They are electrically controllable, which is nice.

But for "off-road prowess"...I'd argue that the ZR2 is now above both the Raptor and TRX. I'm talking real off-road wheeling...not this dumb "dessert running" that everyone is weirdly obsessed about. It has a real front locker, better angles than the Raptor and TRX, etc.....Tech features, convenience and comfort? How? This interior is nicer than Ford's and the current gen Chevy is already more comfortable than Ford so. The new screen is largest in class, infotainment is upgraded beyond the current gen and Ford's Sync is not great as is.

Not to mention the new Raptor looks terrible...lol.

5 hours ago, shanemoon said:

In what world does the Raptor offer much more in any of those categories anymore? 450 HP...only 30 increase. Fox shocks...not really better than the DSSV, just different. They are electrically controllable, which is nice.

But for "off-road prowess"...I'd argue that the ZR2 is now above both the Raptor and TRX. I'm talking real off-road wheeling...not this dumb "dessert running" that everyone is weirdly obsessed about. It has a real front locker, better angles than the Raptor and TRX, etc.....Tech features, convenience and comfort? How? This interior is nicer than Ford's and the current gen Chevy is already more comfortable than Ford so. The new screen is largest in class, infotainment is upgraded beyond the current gen and Ford's Sync is not great as is.

Not to mention the new Raptor looks terrible...lol.

First let me say it's amusing someone would ever consider a pickup for "wheeling"  When a simple stock Rubicon Jeep will be significantly more capable than any of these pickups. 

Lets see:

Significantly more wheel travel

More wheel articulation 

More clearance

MUCH better aftermarket options.

The angles area actually the same as the 35" raptor, and worse than the 37" raptor

Bigger tires, with option for 37's without rubbing, both on 17" rims not 18's for better ability to air-down

(remains to be seen) but both the TRX and Raptor use a REAL lift, not spacers with horrible CV/UCA angles

(remains to be seen) a fuel tank bigger than 24gal

(remains to be seen) Raptor and TRX have significantly beefed up cooling for both trans and engine

Stronger wider body frame - to be fair wider is a downside wheeling.

computer controlled shock dampening is significant at speed, if you only off road at 4mph it's probably not

2kw 110v option

moonroof

bending headlight tech

Aux switches built in

power adjust pedals

fold flat console work surface

rain sensing wipers

full reclining front seats

hands free driving option

GM's new screen is only the "largest" if you only consider 1 dimension.  It's very short and long which to me isn't very useful especially for nav.  It's basically what they've been putting in the buick's.

comfort is subjective, but the seats in my AT4 are horrible

Edited by todd308
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, todd308 said:

First let me say it's amusing someone would ever consider a pickup for "wheeling"  When a simple stock Rubicon Jeep will be significantly more capable than any of these pickups. 

Lets see:

More wheel articulation 

More clearance

The angles area actually the same as the 35" raptor, and worse than the 37" raptor

Bigger tires, with option for 37's without rubbing, both on 17" rims not 18's for better ability to air-down

(remains to be seen) but both the TRX and Raptor use a REAL lift, not spacers with horrible CV/UCA angles

(remains to be seen) Raptor and TRX have significantly beefed up cooling for both trans and engine

computer controlled shock dampening is significant at speed, if you only off road at 4mph it's probably not

2kw 110v option

moonroof

bending headlight tech

Aux switches built in

power adjust pedals

rain sensing wipers

GM's new screen is only the "largest" if you only consider 1 dimension.  It's very short and long which to me isn't very useful especially for nav.  It's basically what they've been putting in the buick's.

LMFAO Jeep guys really think like this

6 hours ago, todd308 said:

Lets see:

More wheel articulation 

More clearance

2kw 110v option

moonroof

bending headlight tech

Aux switches built in

power adjust pedals

rain sensing wipers

Exactly.  When I go wheeling, it's in my Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.  No way would I take a $50k or $60k truck off-roading.  It's too long, too wide and not that well suited for the trail.  My truck is used for towing.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 9:03 PM, todd308 said:

The Raptor was built from the ground up from off roading, GM is just taking their standard half ton and bolting a couple toys on it and the price needs to reflect that.

The Raptor wasn't ground up, it started with an F150, reinforced a few parts of the frame (this has been covered in intro videos) then bolted on the wide fenders and suspension tuned accordingly with fox along with some other small nick knacks.  The same can be said for any performance vehicle based off a cheaper version. 

This will have to be between 60-65k. The Raptor starts at 65k with out all the luxuries and the TRX at 70k, both easily fly past 80k. The ZR2 is already loaded, the LT TB starts at 55k and add in the luxuries gets to 60k. Why would anyone buy a loaded TB for the same price as an already loaded ZR2? Plus they have to cover the cost of the testing and development of the front lockers everyone wanted as a conversation piece but maybe a couple hundred people at best might actually have a need or use for, then the shocks, longer travel suspension (this isn't a spacer lift and neither was the TB) and other ZR2 specific goodies (seats, trim, etc). Starting close to or at a Raptor shouldn't be a problem as that will be the most it will cost where the others add nearly 10k just to get the fancy dolled up luxuries. It will be better suited for those who don't desert run (which that is a small percentage of actual Raptor/TRX owners), this will be better built to carry the overlanding tent up a rough trail as it was designed for a different consumer group.

So pricing it at tops 65k would be great and leave plenty of meat on the bone, especially if your needing more truck duties out of it than a soft sprung desert runner with neutered payloads (a hair over 1k payloads for those desert trucks, that takes a bunch of truck duties out of it especially when towing or packing for a back country trip, which the ZR2 should settles around or over 1400). If it rides well on the road, is better in the tougher trails where width and traction comes in to play and the owners aren't desert running (though this will be capable of much faster speeds than stock and some small jumps) at a cheaper price with more luxuries, why wouldn't they pick this? Because it doesn't have wide fender lights? Because it doesn't have a 35 stock? 

Tyler

1 hour ago, AlaskaErik said:

Exactly.  When I go wheeling, it's in my Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.  No way would I take a $50k or $60k truck off-roading.  It's too long, too wide and not that well suited for the trail.  My truck is used for towing.

Heck, even the Rubicon is $50K, At least the ones I have seen that have simple features, Nothing fancy and include standard 6 sp manual.  If I prices out a diesel then it would be $50k+

2 hours ago, AlaskaErik said:

The world is not "either / or" when it comes to off-roading. There are plenty of amazing, moderately challenging trails that are completely well-suited for a strongly-equipped truck with a longer wheelbase. Imogene Pass comes to mind, as does the majority of the Alpine Loop in CO. Would a Jeep do better on these trails? Sure. But can a well-equipped truck like the Raptor/TRX/ZR2 also do well on them? Yes. 

90% of the time, I need a truck in life. But I sure love being able to take vacations in the mountains and drive my own vehicle off road on these trails. It's just rewarding to take your own rig out on the trail. 

So why not buy something that can handle moderate trail running, but can also tow your boat around, and can also haul stuff, and can also comfortably sit 4-5 people for a long road trip? Thousands of us decide we want to do that each year as truck owners. And thousands others value the benefits of a Jeep. There's no "> / <" here. 

From what I understand the 22 trucks have the nightmarish new Tahoe/Suburban electronics.  No tuning apparently.  Inside looks great, outside the chrome trucks look better than the 19-21, but kinda like the no chromed 19-21 versions. But still don't like the overall look of the outside of the T1 trucks. The ZR2 doesn't look like anything more than a trim upgrade and shocks.  The wheels look too tucked in, not nearly as an aggressive look as a Raptor or TRX, not that it has the power as the others, but could at least make an aggressive looking package.  Is there any difference between a Trailboss and a ZR2 besides the shocks and looks.  It's also my opinion that the reason so many Trailboss's sold is because of it's looks.  The 19-21 chrome front ends are terrible, in my opinion.  I would have got a Trailboss just for the looks, or an RST of course.  I can't imagine the laughs the TRX will get when Motor Trend or who ever compares the TRX, Raptor and the ZR2.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

Is there any difference between a Trailboss and a ZR2 besides the shocks and looks. 

The DSSV shocks are SIGNIFICANT upgrades and worth every penny.  Do some research on spool valve shocks and you will understand the significance of these shocks and why they have multiple national titles, in multiple racing venues, and are used on some of highest end race cars and trucks.  There is a distinct possibility that within the next ten years spool valve shocks will be a large contributor in the aftermarket shock segment seeing how heat and cycling doesn't affect them like it does traditional shocks like FOX, King, etc.

There are no other 1/2 trucks with true lockers front and rear, its a first, and GM broke the mold by doing what no other manufacturer was willing to do with their 1/2 tons.  That as well is a HUGE game changer for those individuals who do any off roading at all.  There are plenty of times where Im out in a field working and a front locker would be an awesome help.  Get this truck offroad, doing trails, climbs, (insert anything other than desert racing) and the Zr2 will out perform the Raptor and TRX.

A badass set of shocks, an entirely different front bumper with significantly increased approach angles, and selectable lockers at both ends which is a HUGE benefit to those who use them.  You are trying to make those upgrades seem like minor changes but those are HUGE upgrades to anybody who off roads at all and more than worth their costs, hands down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Gangly said:

A badass set of shocks, an entirely different front bumper with significantly increased approach angles, and selectable lockers at both ends which is a HUGE benefit to those who use them.  You are trying to make those upgrades seem like minor changes but those are HUGE upgrades to anybody who off roads at all and more than worth their costs, hands down.

Bingo. For a novice off-roader like me, having a truck with a generous approach angle, full lockers and good shocks will do 100% of what I would ever want it to. 

51 minutes ago, Dpach said:

Interesting that on GM websites, they have the ZR2 slotted between the LTZ and High Country. Many thought it would be between the LT Trailboss and the LTZ. With it being above the LTZ, pricing will probably reflect that.

Smart if they allow it to be equipped to the max, instead of the LT Trail Boss that was always very limited in high end options. People aren’t buying cheap Raptors or TRXs, after all. And the higher equipment level will help differentiate it further from the TB too. The AT4 will be the real loser in the group, not the Trail Boss.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Smart if they allow it to be equipped to the max, instead of the LT Trail Boss that was always very limited in high end options. People aren’t buying cheap Raptors or TRXs, after all. And the higher equipment level will help differentiate it further from the TB too. The AT4 will be the real loser in the group, not the Trail Boss.

Maybe the AT4 gets some basic stage 1  Fox shocks or Bilstiens ? Anything but the Ranchos.