Who's trading-in for a 2022?

All depends on the pricing of the 22' ZR2/AT4-X.   It seems like the 22' ZR2 has everything a loaded 21' AT4 does, plus more suspension travel, better shocks, and front/rear lockers.   Not to mention the Silverado is way better for running larger tires with better wheel well clearance.   I'd imagine there's going to be guys lined up to dump their TB/AT4's for the ZR2/AT4-X.   If the trade difference wasn't that much I'd dump my 21' AT4 for a ZR2 in a heartbeat, if I wanted to stay in a pickup.  That said, who knows what the future brings, the 22' ZR2 is listed as a "limited" model so it will be interesting to see what the real 22' or 23' bring to the table.   

I don't think we'll see more power unless it's a twin turbo or hybrid.   The days of huge V8's are gone for general production.  The Tundra Hybrid is going to have 30% more torque than the 6.2.   I don't think GM will throw in with the Raptor R, or TRX, so no way we see a 6.2 supercharged. 

The problem right now is it's all a crapshoot with shortages, covid etc.  Who knows what will really be available on the ZR2 next year when it ....maybe.....starts shipping.   If demand is super high and production limited, we'll see $10-20k dealer markups, no rebates, no associate pricing etc.

100% Agreed, but there are tons of idiots out there doing just that.  Paying over MSRP for Raptors, TRX's, Bronco's, V8 Jeeps, and even AT4's.  Market Adjustments are all over the place now that cars are in such short supply and demand is so high.   I highly doubt the ZR2 will be any different especially if it's in limited supply. 

Is it foolish, insane, both?  Probably but remember right now people are buying Pokemon Oreo's for over $10k on ebay.......

Edited by todd308
  • Haha 1

A snowball in a crematorium has a better chance that me buying a new anything that has one ounce of tech more than I have and will be outdated and unsupported before the ink is dry on the contract. I was not raised by crows or racoons. 

Please please mommy

But mommy it's so....

SHINY ! 

9 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

So, you would get a 2022 if you were🤨😯

I like diyer2's answer to this question 😉 

11 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

Lots of people have to keep up with the Joneses. I like money in my investment portfolio not GM's pocket. Makes more sense to me. 

OP asked, "Is the larger infotainment and digital cluster screen enough for you to trade-in?"

Oh I don't know Jim, I never spent $50,000+++ on a "Infotainment" before and don't think I ever will.

I get "entertainment right her for FREE" 

😜

Until they stopped putting manual transmissions in trucks I wouldn't spent the extra $800 for an automatic.

I still have rollup windows and love them.

I'm a BEAR not a CROW

GrumpyBearPhoto.jpg.5402508037dc2c020a00ab4893003cd8.jpg

10 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

If anyone pays over sticker price for a ZR2 with 420HP is an absolute idiot. Not worth it. That would be over the price of a Raptor and TRX territory.  

@OnTheReel, anything to add to this since you now drive a TRX?

Hey, I refused to pay over MSRP for the TRX, so I could see even less of a reason to pay over on the ZR2.

Anyone who wants anything these days should find a dealer below MSRP and order out. Don’t pay the impatience tax on the lot, you’ll never get that money back.

FWIW, there are now dealers offering 9k off 2022 TRX orders. That would put a base truck around 65 and one well equipped around 70-75. GM is gonna be forced to hold the price down on the ZR2.

• Like 1

I plan to buy something in 2022, either a 22/23.

Very much disappointed in the console shifter.

I don't really need another pickup so leaning towards a Suburban - the button shift at least doesn't waste space.

• Like 1

There are many pickup trims and each trim also has many options/configurations available -- because there are so many opinions about what is 'worth it'. 

I never understand why people get so hung up on why / how someone else chooses to spend (or not spend). 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 8:52 PM, Grumpy Bear said:

A snowball in a crematorium has a better chance that me buying a new anything that has one ounce of tech more than I have and will be outdated and unsupported before the ink is dry on the contract. I was not raised by crows or racoons. 

Please please mommy

But mommy it's so....

SHINY ! 

Yes , we know this mate . time and time again you have shoved it down our throat. thanks again :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think the ever larger screen thing has gotten out of hand.  Not really interested in that.  Also, the shifter on the steering column like in my 21 Sierra makes people laugh sometimes .. they say it looks "dated".  but with the bucket seats and center console, it leaves me a lot more space for my stuff in the center console area than on the 22.  At least from what I can tell from the pictures.  this may sound trivial but the two round knobs and associated buttons that are vertical on my truck look like they are horizontal and down low on the 22.  My 19 Canyon had the knobs in that position and it was a problem for me.  I'm short and usually have the steering wheel pulled all the way out and tilted downwards.  In the Canyon, this blocked my view of the knobs and I had to turn them by feel...frequently putting it in 4WD Hi when I was trying to turn on the lights.  As usual, much of the new tech will only be available on the Denali, not the lowly SLT like I have.  

I guess Ill have to see one to really know.  The pictures dont give me enough information.

On 10/3/2021 at 9:28 AM, diyer2 said:

Lots of people have to keep up with the Joneses. I like money in my investment portfolio not GM's pocket. Makes more sense to me. 

I could care less about the Joneses, but I would upgrade for Supercruise if I didn't hate the console shifter that bad. I drive about 40k a year currently, and it mostly gets expensed. So I really don't care about the cost. 

On 10/5/2021 at 11:06 AM, wesd said:

I plan to buy something in 2022, either a 22/23.

Very much disappointed in the console shifter.

I don't really need another pickup so leaning towards a Suburban - the button shift at least doesn't waste space.

Exactly. If they had used buttons, I would probably buy it even though I don't care for the new high country styling. But Supercruise with that, would have been worth the upgrade, IMO.