Who's trading-in for a 2022?

A fun post.  How many are going to pull the trigger when the 2022's come out or hang on to your current rig at bit longer?  Is the larger infotainment and digital cluster screen enough for you to trade-in?  Are you wanting to upgrade because you want that 10 speed?    

I always have the itch (but not necessarily the finances) to want to upgrade to the newest model.  I like the larger infotainment screen.  But I sort of wished GM had implemented some sort of Powerboost equivalent.  Maybe that will never happen if they are releasing a full EV Silverado in 2025.  

So let's hear it.

Although I love the new 3.0 I won't be trading in my 99. I probably maybe could swing it if I ate ramen every day for the next couple years but I want to wait to see the aftermarket support so I can delete it.

14 minutes ago, SilveradoRST said:

A fun post.  How many are going to pull the trigger when the 2022's come out or hang on to your current rig at bit longer?  Is the larger infotainment and digital cluster screen enough for you to trade-in?  Are you wanting to upgrade because you want that 10 speed?    

I always have the itch (but not necessarily the finances) to want to upgrade to the newest model.  I like the larger infotainment screen.  But I sort of wished GM had implemented some sort of Powerboost equivalent.  Maybe that will never happen if they are releasing a full EV Silverado in 2025.  

So let's hear it.

I'm in a 2020 3.0L Duramax now, and would love to have the 2022 upgraded interior.  But I think I'll save until the all electric silverado comes out and compare then.

Being retired I’m lucky enough to drive my all time favorite truck locally. It’s a struggle for the wife to get in one. Cars and SUVs are more efficient and easier to drive on long trips. The next new one will probably not be a truck. 

GM didn’t do enough to the power train department for me. Needed more power. The current interior is durable, easy to clean, easy to operate, and I am fine with the 8 inch screen. Don’t get me wrong. The new interior is extremely nice, just not enough for me to upgrade. 
I have my truck set up the way I want it. The only way I trade is if they offer a supercharger or more power in 2023. Otherwise I love my truck. Plus, it has a 6ft 6 bed and those are hard to find. 

• Like 1

Currently in a '21 3.0 /10 speed.

Like the idea of taking advantage (again) of unusually higher trade-in values (assuming that reasonable pricing / discount is again available on a ordered truck)

I detest the concept of wasting console space for a goofy shifter.

I coulda' lived with the 'switch' system that is used in some GM's.

Of course sometimes opinions change after seeing a vehicle IRL, but at this point I'm very disappointed and not planning a change.  

Yes, I realize it seems that some trims will still have the column shifter, but there are other 'toys' I want on the truck that aren't available on those trims...

Edited by redwngr

16 hours ago, SilveradoRST said:

So let's hear it.

Very interested to see the redesign especially the interior. Already have a 2020 with a 10 spd but really curious to see if they give a full panoramic sunroof/glass roof like ford and dodge. That is the biggest selling point then anything 

I like the new infotainment system, and I would have upgraded for supercruise. But the console shifter really turns me off. Plus, part of the main reasons I bought a truck was for extended range and a second gas tank. But haven't been able to make that work currently. I may keep my 2021 and try to retro-fit Openpilot to it from Comma.ai. The main thing I wanted was supercruise, but I don't love the new front. I'm very much on the fence. However, GM didn't earn much goodwill the last month from me while my truck was out of commission. 

I will but when the price is right. which will probably not be until summer of next year i would imagine.  I really like the new interior but with the damn 6.2 being the same , no reason right now to pay mark ups etc. i really thought we would have new engine updates by now.  

I doubt it - the 2021 is a much better vehicle than the 2019 was - they had a few years to work the electrical gremlins out.  I'm very happy with the current model, the electrical updates will have to work themself out before I buy an early model run truck again.  I'll be very curious to see how many of the update options actually get to the vehicle, with the current chip shortage.  The current 2021's have several options unavailable now that were available earlier in the 2021 run.  I also read that supercruise will have limited availability, so, I am interested to see what actually ships on the production models vs the preproduction units we have see so far.