2022 Limited AT4 Seems to Wander on the highway

Hi everyone, I traded my 2020 elevation for a 2022 AT4, the deal was too good to pass up. I had the dealer swap my 20’s off my elevation onto the AT4 as it had the 18’s and I didn’t like the way they looked. 

i find my steering wanders on the road compared to my elevation did. The elevation held the road so amazingly well,tight and true but I feel like this truck is pulling left and right, I’m constantly correcting it. What could it be?

1C537766-13FD-4FFE-BE3A-F9AA95664E7D.jpeg

My first thought is the alignment as it could be out of spec. Also, even if it is in spec, 'in spec' does not mean that it will track straight and true. My 2020 Elevation wandered a bit and an alignment corrected it.

It's probably just the difference between a lower truck with better aerodynamics (Elevation) and a lifted truck with worse aerodynamics.  The Elevation's aero will divert more air over and around the truck to keep it planted on the road while the AT4 allows lots of air to get under the truck which is probably causing the difference that you're noticing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jeremyp said:

My first thought is the alignment as it could be out of spec. Also, even if it is in spec, 'in spec' does not mean that it will track straight and true. My 2020 Elevation wandered a bit and an alignment corrected it.

Yeah thats what im thinking. its like it will pull left and right while on a straight road

Try turning off the lane keep assist feature. I had the same wandering sensation you describe and since turning the LKA off for most of my driving I don't notice the wandering anymore.

21 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I’ve never owned a truck that didn’t get moved around by a little wind. Except for a lowered one. 

This. I drove a 2021 Trailboss a week or two ago and had forgotten how much these trucks get jerked around by the wind. Will never own a lifted truck

• Like 2

9 hours ago, shakenfake said:

This. I drove a 2021 Trailboss a week or two ago and had forgotten how much these trucks get jerked around by the wind. Will never own a lifted truck

Totally agree with you!!  Can’t stand “EGO” lifted trucks. Give me a nice standard or even 1 inch front 3 inch in back leveled lowered truck. Sporty/sinister looking. 

I would suggest that he take it to dealership and have them check alignment. They get out of alignment from the delivery truck’s ratcheting them down so hard. My 2017 was “toed-in” BAD, had about 1500 miles in on it when I noticed tires wearing. Funny thing was it didn’t pull left or right at all much.  Happen to notice it when it got done getting tinted and my buddy was looking over all the windows and the truck and we noticed it. 

• Like 1

I bought a Trail Boss a month ago in the outer banks of North Carolina and have driven it back and forth several times in very windy conditions and it does not wander whatsoever. Definitively something to get checked out.

• Like 1

Start with the easy stuff. Confirm a proper alignment. Proper tire pressure. '21 Denali CC I am running 22" Michelin Defender tires at 36 psi and I am dead straight and smooth at 90 mph. 

Edited by seamus2154

7 minutes ago, seamus2154 said:

Start with the easy stuff. Confirm a proper alignment. Proper tire pressure. '21 Denali CC I am running 22" Michelin Defender tires at 36 psi and I am dead straight and smooth at 90 mph. 

Agreed, my 2020 elevation ran 35psi on the 20’s. I kept those rims and tires for this truck so I feel like it should drive similar with the same rims and tires