Sirus / XM Radio cost?

A lot of times you can call and ask for a deal. They may say they do not have one but then tell them you want to cancel. They generally move you over to someone else who magically finds a deal lol.

51 minutes ago, rbdjr said:

I guess my free trial period over, they billed me 29.99 a month seems very pricey?  Any deals on anyplace? 

You can beat them up, just be nice, persistent, and continue to tell them that you will cancel, or in this case will not renew.

I pay $113.00 every 3 months for the upgraded packages for 2 trucks. Main reason I keep it, is the XM app is great to have when I am the Washington coast working on my homes, can always find something to listen to on my phone.

I just cancelled my subscription a few weeks ago and switched to the Spotify family plan. No commercials, no irritating DJ's and no more hunting for something worth listening to. Even with all of the channels Sirius/XM offered, I still spent time channel surfing even between my favorites. When I called to cancel, they offered me a price of $6 a month but didn't say how long that would last. Spotify is $16 a month at this point but thats for the family plan.

Costs me $72 a year.  I just renew each year for the $5 a month plus whatever other tax/royalty they tack on.  If they won't renew me at that price at some point I'll cancel.  I use it outside of my truck all the time in our house through our Sonos app/speakers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jwhjr said:

Costs me $72 a year.  I just renew each year for the $5 a month plus whatever other tax/royalty they tack on.  If they won't renew me at that price at some point I'll cancel.  I use it outside of my truck all the time in our house through our Sonos app/speakers.

Yep that's the rate. Why are others paying a ridiculous amount?

4 hours ago, J O said:

I just cancelled my subscription a few weeks ago and switched to the Spotify family plan. No commercials, no irritating DJ's and no more hunting for something worth listening to. Even with all of the channels Sirius/XM offered, I still spent time channel surfing even between my favorites. When I called to cancel, they offered me a price of $6 a month but didn't say how long that would last. Spotify is $16 a month at this point but that's for the family plan.

Do you pay for the Onstar hotspot or do you play through your phone via android auto/apple carplay?

You can get it for $5 a month plus tax so it comes out to $66 for a year. I have the slip sitting on the kitchen counter. I am debating paying $132 for the Silverado and Traverse. I have had it for both my vehicles but subscription just ran out in Dec. and IDK if its even worth it. I use my phone and amazon music more. 

If anyone is paying more than $5 a month plus tax you are getting ripped off. I, my mother, and other family members have gotten this deal for the past 6 years!   They are lying to you if they say they don't have offers going on. 

19 hours ago, mafd2 said:

I'm always getting emails and mail for $5 a month.

Same here. I even got one that was $120 for three years.  I should have taken that one but not sure if it would have transferred over from my daughters car to mine.

Dealt with SiriusXM for a few years.  You can do everything you need to do on your account online EXCEPT cancel.  I got tired of going through the hassle to be on the phone trying to communicate in broken english haggling every few months for a better deal.   If they would just leave it alone I would have stayed with the subscription.  I did find out if I asked, they would transfer me to someone stateside to speak with about my subscription.  Finally... My advice is to NEVER give them your credit card.  You will have a hard time when you decide to cancel.  At least I did.  I finally had to cancel my credit card and get another to stop the charges.  You can do it by a mailed invoice if you pay $2 I think it is.  But then they don't send you a new invoice until after your time has expired and it is for the higher rate.  Just more trouble than it's worth.  Just my opinions