2022 ZR2 silverado dssv shock part numbers

I knew there would be an improvement in the ride coming from a '21 trail boss with the Ranchos, but I didn't expect it to be this good! They are nothing short of amazing.  A very very smooth ride, yet in corners you don't feel like the truck is going to roll over Honestly the Ranchos are horrible. I had a 2006 z71 silverado that I installed Bilstein 5100's on. They in comparison made the trail boss feel like a dump truck.  If you don't want to splurge on the dssv's the 5100's would be my 2nd choice.

Edited by Firehawk99

8 hours ago, GETGONE said:

I'd love a set of the DSSV's if they just bolt on. I imagine the price is probably over $4K for the full set.

$4k is better than $72k 

• Like 2

Do these actually give you a life over the Ranchos ? Or is the height difference between this and TB just shocks ?

Bad ass shocks thats for sure . And yeah i would agree probably 3-4 grand for F/R

5 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

Do these actually give you a life over the Ranchos ? Or is the height difference between this and TB just shocks ?

Bad ass shocks thats for sure . And yeah i would agree probably 3-4 grand for F/R

No more lift than the Trail Boss Ranchos.  Im pretty sure the ZR2 is higher because of the larger tires.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
13 hours ago, GETGONE said:

I thought UCAs were the same across the trucks. I didn't notice anything different or special about the ZR2 ones.

Starting with the refresh 2022 they aren't any more.

2022 refresh there are two arms.  Regular suspension and then Trail Boss/ZR2 have a new p/n arm.

2023 refresh there are two as well.  Regular trucks get the arms they were putting on refresh TB/ZR2 and then TB/ZR2 have another new p/n arms.  

Prior to ZR2 there was one set of arms for all trucks, both regular and TB trucks.  GM must have made a change for ball joint angle to correct the failure point.  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1