Power Window Issues

Good afternoon.  I am experiencing weird issues with my rear power windows on both drive and passenger side.

both rear windows will roll down, but not up with their own window switch in the back doors.

i can (intermittently) roll them up with the master switch on driver door.  the other day, i couldn't roll the passenger rear up at all.  i ended up opening and closing the rear door, then i could roll the window up.

any ideas on what i should start looking for?

Appreciate any help.  thank you

2011 Silverado 1500 4X4, 5.3L   100k miles

it may be broken wires in the conduit between the door and the body, most likely the drivers door as that sees the most use. slice the rubber conduit with a razor knife and inspect the wires. you may need to pull on individual wires as sometimes the wire breaks but not the insulation .if the wires broken the insulation will stretch when u give it a tug. all the windows rely on the wiring to the master switch for power. if you find broken wires solder them back together and shrink tube them

• 4 months later...

so, i have yet to investigate this.  sorry for the delay.  i just have been taking my chances with the windows rolling up or down.  I am ready to explore this.  I have a question first, might seem dumb, but if I cut the rubber conduit what happens if:

• I find the wires are fine?
  • How do I reseal the conduit once cut?