22 Refresh - Sun reflecting on trim

Bought a new Silverado with the new interior a few days ago and the left side chrome trim below the radio has been reflecting the sun in my eyes when driving during the day. Coming from a 2014, I noticed the windshield appears to be bigger and comes slightly further into the cab. This allows sun to come in from the top and hit that chrome spot. Its been very annoying driving the truck mid day, so hopefully someone has some tips or trick on how to avoid this. Also, I've attached a pic I found from the web showing the spot, but I'll try to take a pic next time this happens. 

Radio Trim.jpg

GM loves chrome.  My 2020 AT4 does it in various places and I have the windshield tinted.  On my 19 LTZ I wrapped some of the chrome interior pieces. So far that's the only fix I've seen.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 7/31/2022 at 5:11 PM, TxSilver said:

Bought a new Silverado with the new interior a few days ago and the left side chrome trim below the radio has been reflecting the sun in my eyes when driving during the day. Coming from a 2014, I noticed the windshield appears to be bigger and comes slightly further into the cab. This allows sun to come in from the top and hit that chrome spot. Its been very annoying driving the truck mid day, so hopefully someone has some tips or trick on how to avoid this. Also, I've attached a pic I found from the web showing the spot, but I'll try to take a pic next time this happens. 

Radio Trim.jpg

Did you ever find a solution for this?  I have a 2024 HD with this interior and that glare is driving my wife and I both crazy.

IMHO it's only an issue because you make it an issue......ignore it and soon it's not a problem. 

Just like the HUD was a BIG annoyance when I got the truck and thought no way.......got used to it and now it's not an issue at all and I love it. 

I don't notice the glare from the chrome trim but it's there.........not a deal anymore. 

If it continues to be an issue.....like mentioned get the chrome pieces wrapped. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

that piece pulls right off. im going to paint it all gloss black like the rest of the trim. I was traveling through the Midwest and it was blinding me. I know everything snaps together so it just grabbed it and it popped off with very little effort. 

3M makes protective films. One variant is semi opaque. I have some and have considered putting it on that spot as well as the connecting ledge that goes under the screen because that's where I rest my fingers while I'm using the screen. I do believe this will mask the glare.

It's the same type of product that is used for clear bras for paint, but this one is not crystal clear as those are. It's also sometimes called helicopter tape. It is self adhesive but comes off very easily without leaving any residue behind.