2022 silverado faulty trailer brake controller and buggy camera when trailer connected

21 minutes ago, Murvaul Doug said:

Same break controller issues  on my 2022 Sierra.  
No help from Dealer, just given copy of PIT5948, and told GMC working on it, and told “sorry”. 

Welcome to the group, Murvaul!

I wrote to GM today and asked them for an update, I hope they'll give me some good news, there are around 4 months since the issue was acknowledged by GM.

I just bought a 2022 sierra 1500 for my business. I’m a contractor and tow everyday. No where did I read about this brake controller issue- but at 100km in my truck it started. No fix yet.

was told to just drive safe. Had the truck 30 days and i can use it for work?! Not acceptable by any means. Dealer booked me in for an aftermarket fix but then canceled it due to it not going to function. As of today- still no fix.

• Sad 1

Ok. My replacement is scheduled for tomorrow.  I'll report back asap.  I won't be able to test on my camper until something over the weekend.  I'm dropping off tonight/picking up tomorrow night.  I'll ask for the part number as well.

The service manager is going to test it with the magnet tester there.  But I need to make sure it works myself on a trailer or 2 (mine and neighbors)...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, brentrb031 said:

Ok. My replacement is scheduled for tomorrow.  I'll report back asap.  I won't be able to test on my camper until something over the weekend.  I'm dropping off tonight/picking up tomorrow night.  I'll ask for the part number as well.

The service manager is going to test it with the magnet tester there.  But I need to make sure it works myself on a trailer or 2 (mine and neighbors)...

Great, can't wait for your news, Brent! Thank you! :)

A GM feildengineer came out a little over a week ago to look at my truck. He brought a new controller switch with him and swapped mine out. I have only had the chance to tow with it once for about a 15 mile trip. So far everything is functioning as it should. I am planning on doing more towing this weekend. I will post afterwards to let everyone know if the truck is truly fixed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DonewithGM22 said:

A GM feildengineer came out a little over a week ago to look at my truck. He brought a new controller switch with him and swapped mine out. I have only had the chance to tow with it once for about a 15 mile trip. So far everything is functioning as it should. I am planning on doing more towing this weekend. I will post afterwards to let everyone know if the truck is truly fixed.

Great news, thanks for letting us know! Please keep us posted!

Hello everyone!

Received today an answer from GM CL Social Care:

Please know that your safety is of utmost importance to Chevrolet. As mentioned, GM Engineering is aware of the issue and working on a repair. We do not have any further update or ETA to provide at this time. We do recommend continuing to work with [your dealer] as they would be in the best position to provide updates once available. Rest assured we take your feedback very seriously and have documented your dissatisfaction.

So still no ETA after 4 months... Very dissapointing!

Just picked up my truck.  I did not get a part number, i will review the work order again tomorrow, but it didn't appear to be on it.  I'll try to tow this weekend (probably Sunday as we are pretty booked Saturday).

• Like 2

Ok. Was able to test this afternoon.  Good news.  No brake controller errors, gain was fully adjustable and the toggle was responsive each squeeze.   I didn't feel weight while pressing the brake pedal either when testing.   I've attached the details of the work order bur it does lot look as if a part number is on it.  

Please let me know if you have any questions!

-Brent20230107_160006.thumb.jpg.1c64a1554607c3a65359e0e71ff96137.jpg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, brentrb031 said:

Ok. Was able to test this afternoon.  Good news.  No brake controller errors, gain was fully adjustable and the toggle was responsive each squeeze.   I didn't feel weight while pressing the brake pedal either when testing.   I've attached the details of the work order bur it does lot look as if a part number is on it.  

Please let me know if you have any questions!

-Brent20230107_160006.thumb.jpg.1c64a1554607c3a65359e0e71ff96137.jpg

Wonderful, thank you for the news, Brent! I'll mention this to my dealer hoping they will contact GM to fix my truck too. Please keep us updated if you observe any further issues.

2 hours ago, Will Baker said:

Got the same part as above and it seems to be working so far. 

Great news, thank you for the update Will!

Just talked to my dealear, they don't have any update yet from GM Canada.

Where did you get the part, Will? I wonder if I could order it online and have it installed by my dealer.