We all come to Forums looking for answers to Problems we have...How many come to just say...I love my truck?

Love that red truck!

Ordered mine from the factory. By the time it arrived I had forgotten just how big it was. Man! I guess it’s because the engineers wanted to fit a giant radiator up front and then the designers had to package it all up into some kind of design.

I didn’t buy my pickup for her looks, but she ain’t too bad to look at. Actually had a car designer tell me it was a beautiful truck. Actually that’s what people say most often to me, “beautiful truck.”

Shear size and stock ground clearance has been so useful in this truck. This truck don’t care if it’s snowing or raining. Doesn’t care if it’s in snow or dirt. It soaks up miles like a sponge. Feels like it’s going 60 when it’s more like 75. After a 10hr drive, I honestly arrive at my destination with less fatigue than any other vehicle I’ve ever owned. Have a friend that regularly overloads his gasser and then drives 100s of miles. It doesn’t care. 

Thrilled to have a modern, naturally aspirated gas truck without the complexity of start stop and cylinder deactivation stuff. Honestly don’t care about hp and ft-lb comparisons. This thing pulls strong and is dependable, rides better than a Ford, and isn’t a dodge. ‘nuf for me!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Love that red truck!

Ordered mine from the factory. By the time it arrived I had forgotten just how big it was. Man! I guess it’s because the engineers wanted to fit a giant radiator up front and then the designers had to package it all up into some kind of design.

I didn’t buy my pickup for her looks, but she ain’t too bad to look at. Actually had a car designer tell me it was a beautiful truck. Actually that’s what people say most often to me, “beautiful truck.”

Shear size and stock ground clearance has been so useful in this truck. This truck don’t care if it’s snowing or raining. Doesn’t care if it’s in snow or dirt. It soaks up miles like a sponge. Feels like it’s going 60 when it’s more like 75. After a 10hr drive, I honestly arrive at my destination with less fatigue than any other vehicle I’ve ever owned. Have a friend that regularly overloads his gasser and then drives 100s of miles. It doesn’t care. 

Thrilled to have a modern, naturally aspirated gas truck without the complexity of start stop and cylinder deactivation stuff. Honestly don’t care about hp and ft-lb comparisons. This thing pulls strong and is dependable, rides better than a Ford, and isn’t a dodge. ‘nuf for me!

I’m getting used to this truck in the garage now so it doesn’t seem that big anymore compared to when I first got it, it seemed like a Peter built was in the garage haha. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I love my truck as well, lol. Very good choice you made. I got the 23 with the Duramax but identical truck. Got lucky with mine though, no wait at all. Had a 16 1/2 ton I totaled in January and someone had built this one with just about every option available and when it showed up they said they didn't want it. It got to the lot 2 days before my accident. Biggest thing I was happy with was having the trailer brake controller and all the auxiliary switches ready to tie into. What part of Maine you from? I'm from Maine as well, Woolwich.

20230322_182356.thumb.jpg.96ad9d7fc9f81438d4726c073c1a15ec.jpg

On 3/11/2023 at 3:19 PM, Cheekster96 said:

I love my truck!!  2022 2500HD.  Took 11 months to wait to get it after ordering.  

SS and Big Red.jpg

USA Chevy.jpg

Z71.jpg

off road chevy.jpg

mbrp.jpg

20230322_182528.jpg

20 minutes ago, Lhpnick said:

I love my truck as well, lol. Very good choice you made. I got the 23 with the Duramax but identical truck. Got lucky with mine though, no wait at all. Had a 16 1/2 ton I totaled in January and someone had built this one with just about every option available and when it showed up they said they didn't want it. It got to the lot 2 days before my accident. Biggest thing I was happy with was having the trailer brake controller and all the auxiliary switches ready to tie into. What part of Maine you from? I'm from Maine as well, Woolwich.

20230322_182356.thumb.jpg.96ad9d7fc9f81438d4726c073c1a15ec.jpg

20230322_182528.jpg

I'm from Presque Isle.  I grew up in Naples and did all my schooling there until I graduated from Lake Region High School in 85.  Moved to Chelmsford, MA to attend aircraft school in Boston for 2 years then moved to Atlanta for Delta Airlines back in 87.  My wife is from Portland but grew up in Casco, Me.  A part of me would like to retire up there, but I've been in the south for so many years and love this climate a lot better.  We fly up there a lot to visit friends.  

Edited by Jettech1
  • Like 1

Nothing but sweet, love the truck and it feels the way it should....1/2 tons feel like cars to me

Super solid, stable, and durable...

everything else just looks small now......mine feels completely normal 😂

No complaints!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dunn said:

Nothing but sweet, love the truck and it feels the way it should....1/2 tons feel like cars to me

No complaints!

Half tons have pretty much turned into cars with a small bed. They were not like that 20-30yrs ago though. 

The hd trucks are still trucks. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dunn said:

No complaints!

1 hour ago, Pryme said:

Half tons have pretty much turned into cars with a small bed. They were not like that 20-30yrs ago though. 

The hd trucks are still trucks. 

I have no trouble telling the ride quality between my half ton and my Buick La Crosse. Trucks are not even close to full size cars in ride and comfort. They just don't exist anymore to defend themselves. :crackup:

2 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I have no trouble telling the ride quality between my half ton and my Buick La Crosse. Trucks are not even close to full size cars in ride and comfort. They just don't exist anymore to defend themselves. :crackup:

My wife’s Genesis rides better than my 14 GMC did. Or my 02 avalanche. GM has wind noise, road noise figured out. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I’m mainly talking about these super luxury half tons. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

10/13/23. Just picked up my ordered ‘24 2500 Denali HD, Summit White, 6.6 Duramax, Brown interior.  Everything I ordered except for the color matched fender arch mouldings. Not a big deal, looks good with the mounded in color black/grey ones.  Love the truck so far.  A few minor issues that I’m wondering about.  No lights in the aux switches and option switches below the climate control?  No lights in the rotary headlight switch either?  Can’t see at night at all.  

Really like my High Country.

The dealer just got the dark essentials packaged installed today. Came with my truck on window sticker but was not in at the time that I had purchased.

No issues that I can think of. Love the soft steering, Bose speakers, and the look of the truck. Use the moon roof all the time as well.

Came from multiple Tacomas and sold on GM trucks.

Was between the F250 King Ranch and High Country and glad that I chose Chevy.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, gregus73 said:

Really like my High Country.

The dealer just got the dark essentials packaged installed today. Came with my truck on window sticker but was not in at the time that I had purchased.

No issues that I can think of. Love the soft steering, Bose speakers, and the look of the truck. Use the moon roof all the time as well.

Came from multiple Tacomas and sold on GM trucks.

Was between the F250 King Ranch and High Country and glad that I chose Chevy.

I have a 22 Custom model that I've decided I want to be buried in when I croak...lol....I can't wait to drive it everyday!  Best damn vehicle I've ever owned in my entire life.

• Like 1