2024 HD orders / status

5 hours ago, CRApex said:

Maybe its just me (probably the case) and I'll probably change my mind once I get my new truck BUT is the interior really that much different other than a larger center screen?  Also, I know there was alot of controversy about the front end of the 2020's when they came out but it really has grown on me.  This is subjective I know but I'm not convinced the facelift on the 2024 looks better, just different, speaking specifically to the High Country front end.  This isn't a case of me trying to prop up the current model because that's what I have, my new 2024 should be arriving anyday now. 

I prefer my WT all black front with the “Chevrolet” typed out over the new front end. As for the interior, I like the new screen to wood trim flow on the new truck and that’s it. I prefer the old shallow cubby on the actual armrest, the big cubby up on top of dash and the location of the tow haul and light switch on the old model vs the new. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CRApex said:

Maybe its just me (probably the case) and I'll probably change my mind once I get my new truck BUT is the interior really that much different other than a larger center screen?  

Yes.  I have a refreshed 2023 1500 AT4 and a 2020 3500 Denali and the interior materials, steering wheel, seats, and pretty everything is better on the inside of the refreshed 1500.   I can only imagine how nice a Denali Ultimate or AT4x will be.  (I have a 2024 Ultimate HD on order so fingers crossed).   

17 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

Yes.  I have a refreshed 2023 1500 AT4 and a 2020 3500 Denali and the interior materials, steering wheel, seats, and pretty everything is better on the inside of the refreshed 1500.   I can only imagine how nice a Denali Ultimate or AT4x will be.  (I have a 2024 Ultimate HD on order so fingers crossed).   

I hear ya.  It probably feels much better in the real world.  Just looking at pics, it doesn’t seem drastically different.

2024 GMC 3500 Denali Ultimate SRW Summit White:

- Ordered 2/24

- Confirmation of build start 4/4

- Build complete 4/15

- Delivery TBD

Waiting patiently... although I think I have watched every video on YouTube about this thing 🤣

• 3 weeks later...

Today marks the end of an incredible adventure beginning in Aug 2021 with my official hard order for a single cab/LB HD 2500 in red tint metallic/cayenne/whatever they call the dark red.

Basically, they needed to deliver a Reg cab/LB sold which arrived end of Sept that year. My dealer expected another rg cab allocation once that was delivered but it never came. My rep and I stayed in constant contace with phone calls, txt msg's and surprise pop in while in the area visits and enjoyed belly aching together over the lack of communication, and estimation of what's on the horizon. The covid shutdown really screwed everything up globally which continued to drag. At this point, 6 months in, we also placed an order for the same in GMC flavor. this went on for most of all last year. We chased incoming trucks to other dealers but nothing ever worked out on those. I talked to dealers at random everywhere. There was no one who could do anything any differently for me. So, I stuck with my folks and glad I did. So around first of the year, and knowing I'd get a 24 if anything, I bent and said, OK, I'll do a dbl cab, but a crew is absolutely out. End of Feb, the call came "Hey, we're getting an allocation for a dbl cab next week" So we got the order in. Order was accepted and the emails from GM started coming. This was really going to happen now. Projected build week after Easter. Wed of that week got an email "We're building your truck today" then awaiting transportation. Dealer invoiced monday a week ago, rolled off the trailer Monday this week, into my driveway today. As for my dealer? Sticking with them paid off. They kind of blew me away with the deal in the end. 

Bottom line? I got 2 more doors than I wanted, didn't get the color (restraint) all you folks with anything but black/white/silver, restrained still as far as I know. 

So once an order is accepted by GM? for me, 6-7 weeks? This kind of skews the numbers of my journey but with how it ended, with the 24 upgrades? I believe it was all worth it and everything happens for a reason. Kind of glad I didn't get one a year ago now. 

Last I knew, still a lot of constraints and Flint is cranking them out gangbusters because there's a years worth of orders backed up with most folks. 

I think anyone getting the 10sp will be most impressed. It's so smooth and quiet, I have to roll the window down to hear the shifts but I can't sense squat after 6th or 7th. Can only read the tach. As for power compared to the 6.0? I don't really notice a big difference but the smooth acceleration is almost CVT like. I think the trans will shine most when put to work pulling.

Edited by Leonardo Willi

On 4/7/2023 at 10:38 PM, Pryme said:

I noticed that truck has the recovery hooks vertical. Most, including mine, are mounted horizontally. Why the difference? Horizontally seems like the better option honestly. 

Pryme, I remembered seeing this question, never thought about it so just checked mine - They are vertical but, they are not hooks, they are looped - it's like a twisted clevis with both ends bolted to the frame.  

11 minutes ago, Leonardo Willi said:

Pryme, I remembered seeing this question, never thought about it so just checked mine - They are vertical but, they are not hooks, they are looped - it's like a twisted clevis with both ends bolted to the frame.  

Yeah I meant loops. So I believe for whatever reason gmc does them vertically and Chevrolet horizontally. 

I would think horizontally is the best considering gravity would help keep say a hook in the loop. 

10 hours ago, Pryme said:

Yeah I meant loops. So I believe for whatever reason gmc does them vertically and Chevrolet horizontally. 

I would think horizontally is the best considering gravity would help keep say a hook in the loop. 

OK, didn't realize they had to be different like that. I kind of like that they are a loop and bolted on both ends. My 16' were horiz - hooks of course, but most likely, very few will ever have the paint scratched on them. I have used a standard clevis on a straight drawbar in the Reese many times in winter pulling folks out of snow. Kind of my fun thing, go around the back roads where I live looking for people who need help. Always happens with a big snow here.

On 4/12/2023 at 2:35 PM, clongtine said:

Order was accepted today :) received the friendly email from GMC showing order placed status now the real wait begins.  Almost a month to the day between deposit at dealer and acceptance.

So, I walked into my dealership with my 'Built-It' print in my hand and informed the salesman, this is what I want inquiring how long would it take to produce and deliver?  He told me 8-10 weeks.  I put my deposit down and ordered a 2024 GMC Sierra HD Denali on 15 Apr 2023.  Received an E-mail from "[email protected]" on 19 Apr 2023 informing me "Your 2024 GMC Sierra HD order has officially been placed with your dealer."  It goes on to say, "YOUR ORDER...Order Number:...".  The dealership swapped out a vehicle they had going into production with what I wanted.  I received a voicemail from the salesman within a week and he informed me it would begin production today, 08 May 2023.  Can someone please translate timelines for me or point to a resource where I can look it up and educate myself on ground truth versus sales pitch nonsense?  Thank you in advance.

On 5/8/2023 at 11:40 AM, CEMartin64 said:

So, I walked into my dealership with my 'Built-It' print in my hand and informed the salesman, this is what I want inquiring how long would it take to produce and deliver?  He told me 8-10 weeks.  I put my deposit down and ordered a 2024 GMC Sierra HD Denali on 15 Apr 2023.  Received an E-mail from "[email protected]" on 19 Apr 2023 informing me "Your 2024 GMC Sierra HD order has officially been placed with your dealer."  It goes on to say, "YOUR ORDER...Order Number:...".  The dealership swapped out a vehicle they had going into production with what I wanted.  I received a voicemail from the salesman within a week and he informed me it would begin production today, 08 May 2023.  Can someone please translate timelines for me or point to a resource where I can look it up and educate myself on ground truth versus sales pitch nonsense?  Thank you in advance.

GMCorderemails.thumb.jpg.6c994f3684fdcd3ad8a4fc8e6dfcd68d.jpg

Here's my inbox and timeline: Feb 24th - met with dealer after hearing of coming order slot

Order placed Mar 2 by dealer - May1st, truck on dealers lot - But, I'm only 90 minutes front Flint. Va gonna take another day.

Just my experience so order to del? not bad. Best it's been in couple years.

they did tell me when GMC accepted, what week it would be built and it was spot on. The big fear from last 2 years was how long it would sit on the lot waiting on trucks. Some guys spent 6 months or more waiting. 

You can go to the GMC website and ask a live assistent if you have your order number. Not sure where I found it, but it's there. But I think it only keys on whatever emails have been sent. Maybe they know more, but worth a try. 

Edited by Leonardo Willi
  • Like 1

My truck was tentatively scheduled for a 5/18 build and I was trying to pull some strings to get a tour that day and see it being built. I get a call today from my insider who asks if I still want to see the truck built, I say yes. He calls me back 20 min later and says it was already built May 4th and its sitting in the yard on Bristol rd waiting to ship. UGH.

My original plan was to get it in late June/early July but as it turns out it will likely be at the dealer on Friday. 

I called my salesperson who hadnt been notified and he confirms it all including a copy of the invoice. 

So it looks like next week will be spent getting to know my new truck. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 64BAwagon said:

My truck was tentatively scheduled for a 5/18 build and I was trying to pull some strings to get a tour that day and see it being built. I get a call today from my insider who asks if I still want to see the truck built, I say yes. He calls me back 20 min later and says it was already built May 4th and its sitting in the yard on Bristol rd waiting to ship. UGH.

My original plan was to get it in late June/early July but as it turns out it will likely be at the dealer on Friday. 

I called my salesperson who hadnt been notified and he confirms it all including a copy of the invoice. 

So it looks like next week will be spent getting to know my new truck. 

That would be so cool to watch your truck being built.  About 10 years ago a buddy of mine flew to Germany to watch his BMW being built.  They rolled out the red carpet for him, even put him up in a very nice hotel next to the factory all for free.  They even fed him and gave him tickets to a local show.  I think his car cost him 50k at the time.  We are paying that and even more for ours and what do we get?

On a completely unrelated note, I bought a 1983 Thunderbird and did a factory tour the week it was being produced.  Always an interesting place to visit.

Maybe they should do something similar to the Corvette and offer factory delivery.  (No HD museum!)  I suspect the dealers would be very unhappy.  

• Like 1