GM DSSV suspension added to 20 AT4 carbon pro

Dealer finished installing the DSSV package to include the rear leafs yesterday.

Interstate: Very controlled on road feel.  No Bilstein harshness and no floaty rancho. Crossing bridges with the typical large dips results in no passenger head movement or pogoing effect.  Just smooth and controlled.

State hwy: slightly rough road but the suspension seems to know even to release and float and when to give the right control... But never any harshness.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2024 at 3:32 AM, Transient said:

Pics?

I'll pull it out later and take a few...nothing really to see other than the shocks...tires cover everything up.

10 hours ago, calgator73 said:

I'll pull it out later and take a few...nothing really to see other than the shocks...tires cover everything up.

Girls get aroused by reading, such as 50 Shades of Grey.  Guys get aroused by looking at pics.  I'm a guy.  I need pics.  Thanks for posting some up.

• Haha 1

No problem

Screenshot_20240129_153518_Gallery.thumb.jpg.70326e7f7da58e32b43496188cd3fafb.jpg

20 hours ago, calgator73 said:

This is definitely a great upgrade!

I very recently drove on a very poorly constructed and maintained state highway in Arizona (St. Hwy 89).

Last year with the stock Rancho's the drive was unpleasant to say the least.

This year drive with DSSV's installed was a much improved driving experience.

Highly recommend this upgrade.

On 2/1/2024 at 4:07 AM, silveradosid said:

interesting they used a multi leaf rear spring, do you have the part number for the rear springs

I'll check it out when I get back see if I can find a tag or part number on the spring pack.  

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2024 at 9:32 AM, calgator73 said:

Dealer finished installing the DSSV package to include the rear leafs yesterday.

Interstate: Very controlled on road feel.  No Bilstein harshness and no floaty rancho. Crossing bridges with the typical large dips results in no passenger head movement or pogoing effect.  Just smooth and controlled.

State hwy: slightly rough road but the suspension seems to know even to release and float and when to give the right control... But never any harshness.

Could you run the rear DSSVs with standard leafs?

Yes you can.  Someone else on this forum has done that very thing.  It's a bit of a trade-off in my opinion if you're looking for the articulation and the ride then you go with the springs in the DSSV kit.  If you're willing to give up some articulation and keep payload capacity then you stick with the factory springs.  Not sure on the ride quality in that situation.  You would have to drive both of our trucks back to back and see which one suits you.