JL Audio Console Sub / Replace Speakers

Has anyone seen or tried this? Trying to replace speakers in my 2015 Z71 Double Cab without eating up the under seat storage, not that there is a lot under there anyway. Since it sounds like just replacing speakers won't help and an Amp and Sub will be needed. I don't need crazy bass. I just want to listen to clean music. This JL Audio StealthBox is an option, albeit a little expensive for my taste. I'd have to do some additional wiring as my truck doesn't is a non-Bose thus no sub.

Any other thoughts? Their are compact subs, but still not a lot of room in the vehicle to hide it all and it sounds like a speaker only replace won't do it.

The console stealthbox is brand new so I doubt you're gonna find any reviews of it. As a car audio installer who has dealt with JL for nearly 20 years their stealth boxes are quite impressive and have a very clean sound with more than enough output to satisfy most people. And since this mounts right up front next to you it helps as well. As far as wiring goes Bose or not makes no difference. This unit still requires a separate amplifier to work properly. The factory amplification is not capable of running a sub this large. The price isn't cheap but I guarantee you won't regret it. Great sound and no loss of usable space whatsoever. I plan on putting this in my truck as soon as I do a console swap. Good luck.

im just trying to find a picture to see how it fits or where it goes.. i have the bucket seats with the front console

It mounts under the dead space at the front of the console. Same place as the Bose sub.

ok i found the bose so its up in front under the main dash, but cant see it because of the center console extending all the way to the dash. i think i def want to get that jl one vs giving up half my back seat......... now i just need to decide on if im getting door speakers, what amps/line outs/ etc i need and if im going to keep factory head unit..... i dont like the fact that navigation is only controlled by onstar... but i do like having all the steering wheel features and back up camera, and audio by gauge clusters at times.... dunno if i could keep all that with like the pioneer 7" led touch

They make an interface for the steering wheel controls on these trucks so you can keep the function with an aftermarket stereo. Crutchfield has them and I'm sure you can find them on Amazon too as well as eBay. I've used them in the past and they work great.

i think im going to stay with the factory in dash and use phone for nav. But going to do speakers and sub. I like this 8" set up much cheaper than the JL but the sub is a lil old, so i think im going to look for a different 8" and build my own console box.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-to-2018-GMC-Sierra-Crewcab-Subwoofer-Enclosure-Center-console-Hidden-15-16-/362061311794?

op poster look at this link, same spot as the JL audio, but includes amp and stuff

i think im going to stay with the factory in dash and use phone for nav. But going to do speakers and sub. I like this 8" set up much cheaper than the JL but the sub is a lil old, so i think im going to look for a different 8" and build my own console box.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-to-2018-GMC-Sierra-Crewcab-Subwoofer-Enclosure-Center-console-Hidden-15-16-/362061311794?

op poster look at this link, same spot as the JL audio, but includes amp and stuff

You can buy the empty enclosure.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/2014-to-2018-Chevy-Silverado-Crewcab-Subwoofer-Enclosure-Center-console-Hidden-/362061168337?_trkparms=aid%253D222007%2526algo%253DSIM.MBE%2526ao%253D1%2526asc%253D20150519202348%2526meid%253D60c2ed8f744644dba923129301bf7aaf%2526pid%253D100408%2526rk%253D2%2526rkt%253D25%2526sd%253D361930098837&_trksid=p2056116.c100408.m2460

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I want to know if we can custom fit a 10w6v3 in the back of the center console facing back. Don't really care about losing the space in the console but under the rear seat I use. 1 10tw1 in the center I feel won't be enough bass for me. 

Archived