Official AR Discussion and Photo Thread

It is so there isn't a "co-witness" with the front post. Some sights don't have the little bit of extra rise. I prefer it this way. It's a nice target gun and I didn't want the iron sights

It's been a while since I first posted about looking into an AR to purchase and after months of researching I decided to build my own. Below is a list of the parts I have acquired, though I am still waiting on the stripped lower (I know the most important part but don't get me started) to arrive at the local shop.

Noveske Gen 2 lower

CMMG trigger group

Noveske built upper with a 14.5" chrome lined barrel with pinned flash suppressor and switchblock

Vltor VIS rail system

Ergo hand grip

Magpul MOE stock

Pmags

I still need iron sights, not sure what I am going with and I need to pic a range scope (looking for something nice in the $300 ish range). I would like to be able to switch out the red dot and range scopes.

I'll post pics once I have it together.

It's been a while since I first posted about looking into an AR to purchase and after months of researching I decided to build my own. Below is a list of the parts I have acquired, though I am still waiting on the stripped lower (I know the most important part but don't get me started) to arrive at the local shop.

Noveske Gen 2 lower

CMMG trigger group

Noveske built upper with a 14.5" chrome lined barrel with pinned flash suppressor and switchblock

Vltor VIS rail system

Ergo hand grip

Magpul MOE stock

Pmags

I still need iron sights, not sure what I am going with and I need to pic a range scope (looking for something nice in the $300 ish range). I would like to be able to switch out the red dot and range scopes.

I'll post pics once I have it together.

That's going to be quite the rifle when it's done. Don't cheap out on the optics for a rifle that nice.

Check out something similar to these

http://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-mark-8-cqbss-1-1-8x24-riflescope.html $$$$$$$

http://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-vx-3-1-5-5x20-rifle-scope.html

Since I will be coming home from deployment in a bit and well this whole thing going off with EBR's I think I may bite the bullet on an AR with deployment cash. I have decided to look into building a rifle. I'm handy enough and while I will be coming off a deployment I'm sure my wife will still want time to herself and I need something to occupy my time with at night and the weekends. In comes an AR build.

I am a lefty and would like to have a weapon I can enjoy shooting unlike my M4 I am carrying around now. My one of many questions is gas piston system. Is that available on an AR build? I would also like to have the capablity of .223 and .22 for one, by only switching out the upper. Is that possible? This rifle will mainly be used for the range and plinking. Optics will be a must as for what not sure yet. Probably change between a decent scope and an eotech or something like that.

Cliff notes:

Will be used for range days and SHTF

Must be lefty

.223 and .22 change out

Gas piston possible?

You guys better get out and pick up your high capacity magazines while they are still around. BIG changes coming down the pipe because of this nut job that shot up all of those children. If you want another AR get one now before they are banned!!!

Too late....the prices have gone through the roof on 30 round mags....and they are getting hard to come by online. PMAG says they are shipping more to suppliers. I did just buy a S&W M&P 40 Pro to go along w/ my new Daniel Defense rifle though. Next up is a Mossberg 590A1 shotgun.

I still have a few months for things to settle down a bit. I want to build it so I can save money by doing it right the first time and it will keep me occupied. I also want ot build it so I can buy part by part in the hopes of saving cash that way as well. Any good links anyone knows of?