My 2011 silverado 5.3 seems to have a slight miss at idle, it is not a very smooth idle. I can even see the tach move slightly during idle.

it is alos sluggish on acceleration. If I'm going about 25 - 30 and I punch it like I'm going to pass someone it hesitates for about 1-2 seconds before it downshifts and gets going. I also have noticed a vibration or rough feeling when 20mph or higher. Not sure if it's a tire problem or drivetrain. Also during acceleration from a stop it seems to shift into 2 then 3 very quickly which makes it seem sluggish. Are these issues normal operation with the new trucks. My heavy 3/4 ton company van seems to to be more responsive than my Silverado.

I have to take it in for the transmission dipstick tube recall and will tell dealer my concerns then. I have always bought Chevrolet but am not very happy at all with this truck. I only have 7000 miles on it and keep it in the garage.

My 2011 silverado 5.3 seems to have a slight miss at idle, it is not a very smooth idle. I can even see the tach move slightly during idle.

it is alos sluggish on acceleration. If I'm going about 25 - 30 and I punch it like I'm going to pass someone it hesitates for about 1-2 seconds before it downshifts and gets going. I also have noticed a vibration or rough feeling when 20mph or higher. Not sure if it's a tire problem or drivetrain. Also during acceleration from a stop it seems to shift into 2 then 3 very quickly which makes it seem sluggish. Are these issues normal operation with the new trucks. My heavy 3/4 ton company van seems to to be more responsive than my Silverado.

I have to take it in for the transmission dipstick tube recall and will tell dealer my concerns then. I have always bought Chevrolet but am not very happy at all with this truck. I only have 7000 miles on it and keep it in the garage.

On the sluggishness,thats normal,good 'ol GM nannies ....you need a Black Bear tune!!

Hesitation is the GM "torque managment" kicking in. Basically a computer program to protect the powertrain.

Bad gas can also cause poor performance. So make sure your buying a good namebrand fuel each time. Chevron, etc. Try and find ethanol free stations too. It takes the truck's CPU a couple tanks of gas to "relearn" the different fuel qualities too....

The shifting could be normal if you have the new 6-spd auto. It is an always learning transmission. Google it for more info....

I placed that order for the autocal it was $549. I haven't received any confirmatin of shipment and they don't reply to

my emails. Is this how they run the business ? I know that I will have to get the tune by email but so far that is

not off to a good start. I don't want to wait for days to get emails responded to.

I am begining to second guess my order. Any thoughts on this ?

bbp.png

Cable Tune or AutoCal.

I placed that order for the autocal it was $549. I haven't received any confirmatin of shipment and they don't reply to

my emails. Is this how they run the business ? I know that I will have to get the tune by email but so far that is

not off to a good start. I don't want to wait for days to get emails responded to.

bbp.png

Cable Tune or AutoCal.

Well, you did just place the order a couple of days ago, on a weekend.

Also, Justin often travels on weekends to do in-person tuning. I'm not sure if he did this weekend or not, but it happens often. BBP is a reputable and honest company, but they are a small company, and that's why they can keep their costs down like they do. They're also extremely popular. Being small and being popular also means that sometimes it may take a day or two to return an email or call. I'd suggest just hanging tight a little longer - it'll be very worth it.

Justin was on a tuning trip this past weekend, but chances are, your AutoCal went out yesterday. Your PayPal receipt is your proof of purchase, we usually ship AutoCals out within 2-3 business days (more times than not, the next day).

We receive hundreds of emails a day, and are typically 2 business days behind due to the sheer volume. Folks will notice an increase in response time due to sending multiple emails. Our server shows us emails in the order received, based on the most recent received. Multiple emails merely push folks further down in the queue.

bbp.png

Cable Tune or AutoCal.

Should have gone for an in-person tune this weekend and still get a Autocal.

Be patient

Edit: Looks like the meets full now

Got the autocal today. Will data log to it this weekend and send it in for the tune.

bbp.png

Cable Tune or AutoCal.

Should have gone for an in-person tune this weekend and still get a Autocal.

Be patient

Edit: Looks like the meets full now

Archived