2014+ Suspension Lifts

Thanks for all the info in this thread. I ended up with the following setup.

4.5" Zone suspension lift

20x9 (+10 offset) Hostile Hammered Wheels

33x12.5/20 Toyo Open Country MTs

1.5" Wheel spacers in the rear

Before:

Just the lift without wheels (looks lower in the rear because I had all my factory parts and crap in the bed weighing it down):

After:

Your truck looks great. In the pic with the factory wheels, did you have the 1.5 inch rear spacers on? Also, does the 4.5 inch Zone still leave a slight bit of rake?

Your truck looks great. In the pic with the factory wheels, did you have the 1.5 inch rear spacers on? Also, does the 4.5 inch Zone still leave a slight bit of rake?

Thanks... Are you talking about the 1.5" spacers I added to the wheel or the factory 1.5" block since your mentioning the rake?

There is no rake with the 4.5" zone. I'm thinking about going the add-a-leaf route in case I ever haul anything I'm not a fan of the squatting look. The way it sits without anything it seems perfectly level from front to back.

Edited by randomposter

Thanks... Are you talking about the 1.5" spacers I added to the wheel or the factory 1.5" block since your mentioning the rake?

There is no rake with the 4.5" zone. I'm thinking about going the add-a-leaf route in case I ever haul anything I'm not a fan of the squatting look. The way it sits without anything it seems perfectly level from front to back.

I was talking about the 1.5" spacers on your wheels. I was hoping the Zone 4.5 inch wouldn't leave it dead level. Because of the hood dead level looks a little nose high to me.

• Like 1

what size lift are you going with?

Hey brother, I have a 7-9" mcgaughys suspension lift setting it at 9" with a add to leaf to level it and a 1.5" zone body lift to get the clearance to not rub with the 37x13.50 and 12 wides with -44 offset.

I saw your post and just copied my comments previously. It's a bit of a drive for you to Ventura from Orange County (100 miles); however, the owner of this shop has done a lot of sweet trucks and works with all lift companies. I'm still waiting to get my truck in since he has so much work ahead of mine. Hoping it goes in next week per his 2-3 week wait estimate. Anyways, call the shop and ask for Tiger. He can give you lots of information about the different lifts and their fit to these trucks. His prices and work seemed the best compared to the 5 other shops I visited prior to this one.

Nate

Ok finally got through this one after weeks on my phone, screenshot a bunch of pics but still a couple questions.

Im down to the Zone 6.5 and the Fabtech gen II/procomp 6 looking to fit 325/20 or 35x12.5x20. With these which would I be able to use with stock 20 wheels at first and change out later. Obviously theres a huge price difference between zone and fabtech but is there any noticeable difference quality wise. Last question, I think the only one of these that retains the factory track width is the fabtech but ive read the turning radius becomes even worse, any expertise with that?

Thanks for all the help, sad it came to an end after 153 pages

Edit: Also what am I looking to spend install wise in orange county, los angeles, CA (recommended shops if from this area)

Where did you order your lift from and how much was it?

I ordered it from Go Big Truck Performance in Ventura, CA. Privately owned shop that is on BDS' lists of go to vendors. They sold me the 6" lift for $1900 (no fox shocks at this time... debated but decided to hold out and see how I like the performance first). Toyo R/T 35x12.50x20 tires were $380 each. Install & alignment = $700. Totaled up to just under $4400 with tax. I elected to hold off on re-gearing my truck for now. I have the 5.3L with 3.42. If I re-gear, then I was quoted at $2k for that.

Link to local shop: http://www.gobigtruckperformance.com

• Like 2

Dropped her off at the shop Sunday afternoon. Just picked her up tonight after work. I'm stoaked!

BDS 6" kit

Fox 2.5 Coil-Overs w/ DSC Adjuster, BDS Glide-Ride leaf springs

DPR Offroad Stealth 20x10, -12 offset with 35x12.50 Toyo R/T's (no trimming, no rubbing)

Yukon 4.10 Gear swap

AMP Powersteps

aFe Power exhaust

Bushwhackers

06CC6B4C-CB99-4803-B7B2-13F37991E7B2_zps

2BFD27EC-51EB-40EF-9BF1-62454D624FA8_zps

866C287E-4F1A-43D2-B99F-D17BD7CA14DB_zps

92EAC1BA-434C-4192-8E77-AC49E3D7E593_zps

Edited by Black Hole
  • Like 5

I saw your post and just copied my comments previously. It's a bit of a drive for you to Ventura from Orange County (100 miles); however, the owner of this shop has done a lot of sweet trucks and works with all lift companies. I'm still waiting to get my truck in since he has so much work ahead of mine. Hoping it goes in next week per his 2-3 week wait estimate. Anyways, call the shop and ask for Tiger. He can give you lots of information about the different lifts and their fit to these trucks. His prices and work seemed the best compared to the 5 other shops I visited prior to this one.

Nate

I agree with Nate. Quality work is worth both the drive and the wait. I waited 5 weeks to have my truck done!

Edited by Black Hole

I was talking about the 1.5" spacers on your wheels. I was hoping the Zone 4.5 inch wouldn't leave it dead level. Because of the hood dead level looks a little nose high to me.

The spacers weren't put on until the aftermarket wheels were added. Again, that first picture without the wheels was with a few items in the bed. I'll try to get another shot where it isn't in my sloped driveway, but yes it it pretty dead level.

Edited by randomposter

Dropped her off at the shop Sunday afternoon. Just picked her up tonight after work. I'm stoaked!

BDS 6" kit

Fox 2.5 Coil-Overs w/ DSC Adjuster, BDS Glide-Ride leaf springs

DPR Offroad Stealth 20x10, -12 offset with 35x12.50 Toyo R/T's (no trimming, no rubbing)

Yukon 4.10 Gear swap

AMP Powersteps

aFe Power exhaust

Bushwhackers

06CC6B4C-CB99-4803-B7B2-13F37991E7B2_zps

2BFD27EC-51EB-40EF-9BF1-62454D624FA8_zps

866C287E-4F1A-43D2-B99F-D17BD7CA14DB_zps

92EAC1BA-434C-4192-8E77-AC49E3D7E593_zps

Damn, that looks really good man. How do you like the 4.10s? Does it seem like you pretty much got stock power back with the bigger setup or have a little more power than how stock was with your old setup? Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Damn, that looks really good man. How do you like the 4.10s? Does it seem like you pretty much got stock power back with the bigger setup or have a little more power than how stock was with your old setup? Thanks in advance.

Also asking, who did the gear swap? Its a 2WD? 4WD would also include gear swapping the front Diff..

Thanks very much.

I was running 3.08's originally. Moving to 4.10's with the 35's seems more than what I had stock for sure.

Also asking, who did the gear swap? Its a 2WD? 4WD would also include gear swapping the front Diff..

Nemesis, It's 4WD. Valley Truck and Off-road here in CT did all the work on my rig. When I picked my truck up last night the owner was explaining to me that we had originally thought only the rear carrier needed replacing. Turns out the front carrier needed replacing also. Thought he said the cutoff was anything over 3.42. At least I'm pretty certain that's what he told me. I will ask him again to be sure for ya and post it here for ya.

• Like 1

Ok so here's the low down. For those of us looking to swap out 3.08 to something lower (3.73, 4.10 etc or even 3.42) we need to swap front carrier. 3.08 get screwed all the way around. lol

• Like 1