2014+ Suspension Lifts

Here we go with the "purpose of a lift" business. The purpose of lifting a 40+ thousand dollar truck is to look awesome. Does anyone rock crawl with these rides? Doubtful. But they can certainly accomplish anything else that the same truck on antiquated wheels can...except look bad. :jester:

Most of these suspension lifts don't do crap for off road performance- you sit up higher but still have lousy flex, lousy suspension travel and likely poor suspension control. It's all for looks but even so, I'd never want any of the wheels lift makers seem to chose to show off their stuff. I could potentially accept 20s on a big tire but I generally don't like black wheels and hate the over styled stuff. My taste is old school I guess.

• Like 1

Anything over 20" rim is too much IMO.

I think levelling kits are a waste, been there done that. Doesn't matte what you do you gotta crank t-bars to fit any decent sized tires. Thus creating horrible CV angles and a shitty ride. I mean ya you could run a levelling kit but not crank bars but what's the point?? You'll fit like 1" taller tires LOLOLOLOL

I run a 6" kit lowered as much as possible, rides like a factory truck (that has big tires lol) and my angles are perfect. First front end lasted 150k Kms, not bad for having 35's and a 300lbs bumper on the front.

I think

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So has anyone installed the bilstein 5100 series adjustable shocks on the 2014 Silverado. I've looked around and can't seem to find anyone who has them available.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Just FYI - I called Bilstein this morning and asked about a 5100 series adjustable shock for the 2014 Silverado/Sierra. The tech support guy I spoke with said the 5100 for the 2014 trucks was "in development", and estimated 6 - 8 months before it was released. He also said the 5100 for 2013's and earlier would not work, but wouldn't elaborate on why.

This is disappointing, as I was really hoping to use the Bilstein 5100 to level my '14 Sierra. I would will be willing to wait 6 - 8 weeks, but not 6 - 8 months. I think I may use a readylift kit for now, and consider swapping for the Bilsteins 5100's once they become available.

Edited by JTWOLD
  • Like 1

I cant seem to post pics from my computer unless its to my profile, but this is my current set up just want to get 37's under it.

What lift if on it? 35" tires? Looks good.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

My Sierra Denali is in transit and I've been researching lift kits to run 33" tires. I was wondering if anyone has a 4" - 4.5" lift with 33" tires and how much offset they are running. I already have Bushwacker fender flares so as much negative offset as possible without rubbing is the look I am going for. I was also wondering if anyone has run the BFG KM2 tires. No one around me has them so I'm leaning towards them.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

I have four inch BDS. All my details are in a thread in this section about a Fabtech four inch lift. I started off asking about those ones and went with BDS instead. I am running 32 by 10.8 Durotracs but have an inch of clearance everywhere so 33's should be no problem. My front tires stick out about two inches past the factory fenders. I will post a picture there when I get a chance to take one.

• Like 1

I have 4" of lift and 33" tires. I'm running a -12 offset with Bushwacker fender flares

No rubbing issues at all. Less offset and you could fit a larger tire but with the -12 and flares it looks good. Only thing I wish I would have done different was get m/t instead of a/t

post-125036-0-75819800-1390856122_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I have BDS lift on my new truck. Its been a lot better than my other lifts. I had pro comp, superlift and fabtech. In my opinion BDS is better made. I wasn't sure till I put the lift on and took it off road. Feels better on the road too.

You can run 35s with 4" lift with stock offset. You will have no problem running 33s.

I had BFG KM2 and loved them. Got 77,000 miles out of them of course they where 10ply. Also 33" tires. Pricey but great tires offroad and on the road. If you can't get bfg km I suggest Toyo open country mud tires.

• Like 1

has anyone ever put the rough country 1.25 inch body lift on a truck? Or even better does anyone have it on their 2014 or know someone with it? I'm thinking about putting the 2.5" suspension level and then putting the 1.25" body lift. Along with 33inch A/T on KMC XD Series Hoss rims wrapped with 275 60 R20s. For anyone who has a few moments to spare check out the link and let me know what you think about the rims and about the lift ideas!!

BTW they will be going on the 2014 Sierra Crew Cab short bed white diamond tricoat

20" KMC XD Series Hoss Rims

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=XD79529062830BMF&wheelMake=KMC+XD+Series&wheelModel=Hoss&wheelFinish=Machined+w%2FBlack+Accent&showRear=no&autoMake=GMC&autoModel=Sierra+1500+4wd&autoYear=2014&autoModClar=Crew+Cab&filterFinish=All&filterSize=All&filterBrand=KMC+XD+Series&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

• Like 1