2014+ Suspension Lifts

On 4/6/2019 at 11:14 AM, paxamus said:

Hey guys need some advice

I have a 2018 Crew Cab Silverado that has a leveling kit with 20inch factory rims and I want to make the change to a 4-4.5" lift.  I want to run 17" tires with 35's (I'm old school and like more tire than wheel).  It's mainly a daily driver on the interstate, but goes off onto logging and gas line roads and some sketchy spots during hunting and camping seasons. Which lift should I look at- one is the Fabtech 4 inch Uniball with Coil overs and the other is the CST 4.5" stage 2?  Any input is appreciated. I want it to ride well on road, but be capable off road and not just look good.

I just added a Tuff Country 4” lift and took out the 2.5” leveling kit that I had on. Truck drives much smoother and I can clear 35s A/T with 18” wheels that I bought for it. 

I have a 2018 Sierra SLT and have listed on Autotrader so I can buy a few years older Silverado. I had an older hunting truck and sold it earlier this year. So now I've got an SLT with 36k miles on it that I hate to take onto our hunting property. It's black, so every limb slap will show up and my wife would knock me upside my damn head every time I got mud inside it. Would rather have something I can use as a daily driver and hunting truck, but dang some of these GMCs on here are making it harder for me to sell. 

Edited by RecurveBow

So I just want a 2.5" lift/level  for my truck. I was considering the rough country 2.5" leveling (2.5" front, 1" rear). What would be the cheapest suspension lift to achieve a 2.5" lift/level  that I can compare it to? 

Install costs where would these two stack up against eachother?

On 7/3/2019 at 8:06 AM, brian2382 said:

So I just want a 2.5" lift/level  for my truck. I was considering the rough country 2.5" leveling (2.5" front, 1" rear). What would be the cheapest suspension lift to achieve a 2.5" lift/level  that I can compare it to? 

Install costs where would these two stack up against eachother?

There aren't many lifts (that aren't actually just levels) at that height. You probably won't find anything comparable in cost either. 

Next step, at that height you want, would probably be to compare the leveling blocks to a set of decent coil overs and replace rear shocks. The only real difference between either of those level type kits and a "lift" is going to be geometry correction for uca, CV, and mayhaps a diff drop. That said, 2.5" in most cases doesn't require those so it's rarely done. 

1 hour ago, MBSierra17 said:

There aren't many lifts (that aren't actually just levels) at that height. You probably won't find anything comparable in cost either. 

Next step, at that height you want, would probably be to compare the leveling blocks to a set of decent coil overs and replace rear shocks. The only real difference between either of those level type kits and a "lift" is going to be geometry correction for uca, CV, and mayhaps a diff drop. That said, 2.5" in most cases doesn't require those so it's rarely done. 

I would for a good set of coilovers and get the 2.5 out of it. Don’t really even need blocks. Back of truck will be about a inch or so lower. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all this is the rough country 3.5" knuckle lift kit with the n2o shocks front and rear so no need for the strut spacer up front, tires falken wild peak m/t's 305/55/20 wheels are 20x12 -44 truck does pretty well out on some trails and yes i beat the side steps on some rocks. Im looking for some rock sliders but if i dont find anything good I might just make my own.

side.jpg

washout.jpg

• Like 4

Hey all this is the rough country 3.5" knuckle lift kit with the n2o shocks front and rear so no need for the strut spacer up front, tires falken wild peak m/t's 305/55/20 wheels are 20x12 -44 truck does pretty well out on some trails and yes i beat the side steps on some rocks. Im looking for some rock sliders but if i dont find anything good I might just make my own.
side.thumb.jpg.f4032e0efcfff96306781f826c76a886.jpg
washout.thumb.jpg.0d60ef0de4915a37a39a8b10572e091a.jpg

Looks good. Also interested in rock sliders, let me know if you find any. I know addictive dirt designs makes something but it's pricey.

Where are these pics taken at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk