2014+ Suspension Lifts

5 minutes ago, m3n00b said:
10 minutes ago, geswek said:
It's more of leaf squeak; I hear them flex.

I absolutely LOVE the 4.10 gears and yes I have the 5.3L with 6 speed -- before I put the gears in (had the lift done with 35's) she was getting 12mpg everywhere, even on highway and was just a plain dog when trying to get out of the way. When I installed the 4.10's it was like I was back in my stock height truck. She gets 15mpg all the time and can get up to 18mpg if I'm on highway for long distance. She has plenty of power when I need to get out of the way. All in all, I enjoy it. I did it because I plan to keep truck long term and I wanted the transmission to be as efficient as possible. if I had the 8 speed and the money I would probably do it anyways. I know there's 2 more gears in there but I would be worried about hit on transmission.

It's why I ripped out the RC lift and got something better -- everything I do is for long term. Wife said I can't get another truck for 10 years LOL.

Thanks again. What did the gears run?

I got the gears from East Coast Gear Supply; cost me $900 and then the labor was $800 from guy who did my BDS lift install.

• Like 1

Installed my add a leaf a couple of weeks ago. Rear is still settling. Here's some before and after pics. Before the front was exactly 1 inch higher than the rear. Now the rear is 1 inch higher than the front. It should settle another half an inch. I like having some rake.38787adbc73cebc168c88bbb8a098ec8.jpgba480adb4ee293d545bb98e6d14f1956.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looks real nice!
thanks bud! I was unsure of the wheels as I couldn't find this combo on a GM during my research. Mostly on Toyotas and Fords. It looks more awesome than I imagined.

thanks bud! I was unsure of the wheels as I couldn't find this combo on a GM during my research. Mostly on Toyotas and Fords. It looks more awesome than I imagined.
Looks like its ready for sombre rocks and trails for sure a tough truck. [emoji106]

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Hey guys I'm looking to add a lift Kit to my 2018 GMC Sierra z71 slt and I want to run some fuel assaults 20x10 (-18 to -19 offset whatever looks best but I dont know much about offsets) wrapped in 35s. I was looking at the BDS 6inch lift with the Fox shocks and want to know the ride quality on them and will they rub if I take them off roading. I go shooting on public land and i hit the subframe last time I went out so decided to lift it. Or if theres a better kit out there what do yall recommend? Should I go 6inches or less? Any input will be greatly appreciated 

1 hour ago, MANDINGO said:

Hey guys I'm looking to add a lift Kit to my 2018 GMC Sierra z71 slt and I want to run some fuel assaults 20x10 (-18 to -19 offset whatever looks best but I dont know much about offsets) wrapped in 35s. I was looking at the BDS 6inch lift with the Fox shocks and want to know the ride quality on them and will they rub if I take them off roading. I go shooting on public land and i hit the subframe last time I went out so decided to lift it. Or if theres a better kit out there what do yall recommend? Should I go 6inches or less? Any input will be greatly appreciated 

No clue on ground clearance issues, but you'll want to check out custom offsets with that offset and 35s. I'd be concerned with hitting the bumper and fender that far out with 35s on a knuckle kit. 

I really like the assault wheel though. As soon as I can convince the wife they're necessary, they're going on my truck.