2014 Sierra/Silverado Bulb Sizes

I'm trying to find a replacement for the puddle light in the side view mirrors, can someone tell me what bulb it uses? Please? I'd like to have it a lot brighter than it currently is. Thanks.

2014 slt.

Edited by Thi Doan

I'm trying to find a replacement for the puddle light in the side view mirrors, can someone tell me what bulb it uses? Please? I'd like to have it a lot brighter than it currently is. Thanks.

2014 slt.

Pretty sure it's a built in LED. You may have to replace more than just the bulb if you want to use something else in that position.

If you are just looking for more light on the sides of the truck, it may just be easier to install some aftermarket lights on the sides of the truck.

I thought I would chime in- I put Xenons in my headlights - XD5 5800k from Ebay for the H11 & 9005. Got them delivers for $ 28 total and they are better than the Silverstars. I decided against the HID's at this time. I have no stake in this, only there is a definite improvement over trh OEM bulbs- (which werent that bad IMHO).

I used these bulbs in my 2005 GTO and was happy.

I did put DDM HID in my low beams on my 2004 Avalanche 2500- Only complaint was they were a little slow to warm up.

Avalon

Interesting choice of bulb for sure. Any before after pics?

On a side note. It's funny how you mention about the slow warm up time

TRS just released of series of ballasts that have a slower warm up time due to the feedback from there primary forum that there newest model ballast with almost instant on capabilities are too fast lol

Edited by J-Jeezy

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried changing the brake lights to LED? More specifically the VLEDs V3 triton lights? Seems pretty bright and hopefully would disperse the light enough to keep from having one spot that is far brighter than the rest of the brake light

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished the 9011 mod on SLT Sierra. I would say it adds enough brightness to make them "acceptable" headlights now. I would not go so far as to call them good. But definitely an improvement over the stock 9012s. I bought mine on Amazon, but Home Depot also sells them online at a good price.

When you do the mod, make sure you pay attention to have them firmly seated in the housing. I thought I had mine in there good, but they got cockeyed somehow. The first night I used them, my light was all over the place. Once you realize the pain it is to remove the air filter to get to the passenger side light, you wont want to do it twice.

• Like 1

Agreed, care needs to be taken to put them in correctly. Use a mirror to get eyes on the bulb.

The air filter box is a piece of cake to remove if you do it this way:

1. unplug the MAF sensor on the snorkel of the box
  2. loosen the hose clamp at the MAF and pull the hose off
  3. grab the snorkel and lift up to dislodge the grommets holding the base on and lift the box out while pushing the water hoses out of the way.

There's no need to take the screws out of the upper half of the air box and take it apart. It all can come out in one piece. It takes only a couple minutes to do this.

Edited by spurshot

Agreed, care needs to be taken to put them in correctly. Use a mirror to get eyes on the bulb.

The air filter box is a piece of cake to remove if you do it this way:

• unplug the MAF sensor on the snorkel of the box
  • loosen the hose clamp at the MAF and pull the hose off
  • grab the snorkel and lift up to dislodge the grommets holding the base on and lift the box out while pushing the water hoses out of the way.
There's no need to take the screws out of the upper half of the air box and take it apart. It all can come out in one piece. It takes only a couple minutes to do this.

I assume that procedure will work for Silverados as well? Have $108 worth of H11 and 9005 Sylvania zXe I'm dreading to install.

Alright so now that I have LED bulbs and taillights on the way, I will have everything changed to LED other than my front amber turn signals. They are the last thing to be changed, I was wondering if anyone has changed these to LEDs and once again, I'm centering around the V3 triton bulb from VLEDs but would like to see any LED conversion.

Thanks in advance for any info

Has anyone tried changing the brake lights to LED? More specifically the VLEDs V3 triton lights? Seems pretty bright and hopefully would disperse the light enough to keep from having one spot that is far brighter than the rest of the brake light

Alright so now that I have LED bulbs and taillights on the way, I will have everything changed to LED other than my front amber turn signals. They are the last thing to be changed, I was wondering if anyone has changed these to LEDs and once again, I'm centering around the V3 triton bulb from VLEDs but would like to see any LED conversion.

Thanks in advance for any info

I have ordered some 30W 7443 LED bulbs (6 in total, 3 pairs about $110+ CAD with shipping....) I am hoping these will fit in the 7444 like the advertised "equivalent to"

They should be here within couple of weeks, have you changed the 921 center lights too?

I have changed my head lights to HID and fogs to LED, both 6000k and match when HID is at full brightness. I also did the mod where the fog lights will stay on when I have high beam on, thanks to @spurshot 's posts

post-134831-0-30515400-1412392686_thumb.jpg

Edited by morrislee
  • Like 1

I have ordered some 30W 7443 LED bulbs (6 in total, 3 pairs about $110+ CAD with shipping....) I am hoping these will fit in the 7444 like the advertised "equivalent to"

I have changed my head lights to HID and fogs to LED, both 6000k and match when HID is at full brightness. I also did the mod where the fog lights will stay on when I have high beam on, thanks to @spurshot 's posts

attachicon.gif2014-10-01 15.48.37.jpg

They should be here within couple of weeks, have you changed the 921 center lights too?

I ordered some full LED replacement tail lights from Eagle. Should be here on Tuesday and will likely install on Wednesday. And by center lights, do you mean the cargo lamps or the 3rd brake light?