2014+ Gas Mileage (MPG) Topic

My best averages ever for 25 and 50 mile treks. Was on return trip from Mount Charleston in Las Vegas with a bunch of screaming kids and an in cab flapper. Only did this to see what the vehicle can do. Driving to save MPG is no fun.

1.jpg

2.jpg

On 9/20/2018 at 6:26 PM, Doublebase said:

Well you wouldn't be the first person to note improved fuel economy from a catch can. Just the other day I watched a YouTube video of a guy who installed a catch can on his Sierra and his fuel mileage increased by an amazing 2 mpg. I just installed a catch can myself the other day and I don't know if it's the can or what but I'm averaging a little better fuel economy (tough to put an exact figure on it yet but I'd say it's gone up maybe 1 mpg so far). It's something I'm going to keep an eye on.

Probably because the air going into the cylinder doesn’t have a lot of octane robbing oil vapors in it if the catch can is actually working, some are just for looks and don’t do much if any separation. Your engine is happy ?

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2019 at 12:36 PM, 3tspapat said:

My best averages ever for 25 and 50 mile treks. Was on return trip from Mount Charleston in Las Vegas with a bunch of screaming kids and an in cab flapper. Only did this to see what the vehicle can do. Driving to save MPG is no fun.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I’ll never see numbers like that! But...with my 6.2 SLT with 2.25 level and 275/60R20 BFG KO2 tires I can’t complain ? My 2008 Avalanche with 5.3 was lucky to see 16 although it is a lot of vehicle to move and had the 4 speed automatic.

FB53B964-DAFE-476E-8C3C-42244B498447.jpeg

Edited by SS502
  • Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎29 at 3:16 AM, Grumpy Bear said:

If I had a dime for every time I've heard, "If you want gas mileage then don't buy a truck".....

I just noticed that this thread had 145 'viewable' followers and 98 pages of post. Guess it concerns more people that people let on, eh? :thumbs: :lol:

Pickup trucks have continued to be my preferred vehicle since the beginning of the 70's.  The one factor that has been a challenge in supporting my preference in my household was fuel costs. Ironically I started driving pickups because they had the big car experience but not the stigma of the big sedan gas guzzlers of the era The noticeable and significant improvement in 14+ GM trucks has put this issue to rest.  Mall parking is now the prevailing argument!  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Pickup trucks have continued to be my preferred vehicle since the beginning of the 70's.  The one factor that has been a challenge in supporting my preference in my household was fuel costs. Ironically I started driving pickups because they had the big car experience but not the stigma of the big sedan gas guzzlers of the era The noticeable and significant improvement in 14+ GM trucks has put this issue to rest.  Mall parking is now the prevailing argument!  

Totally agree...with the exception of my two Honda vehicles the truck isn’t that far off most sedans, sure they are a little better but the trucks are pretty darn good too. Ehhh parking is still a fine art lol.

Locally I drive my truck. On trips with valet parking and 35 MPG I drive my Camry. Watching my wife trying to get in a pickup is a deterrence too. Even with bars or boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2019 at 7:51 AM, Donstar said:

I switched to driving a pickup in 1975.  And, I solved the Mall parking problem - by not going.  Been happy, happy, happy ever since ?....

Is that with AFM or is it turned off? 

Took a trip to Vegas this weekend from SoCal with AFM on. Got 18.2 MPG due to very strong headwind. On the large decent near NV/CA border where we would usually have to downshift and brake, I had to keep on throttle just so that truck wouldn't dip to 45 mph. 

The only thing I’ve done that could make a difference on fuel economy has been the muffler delete. I also used premium fuel for most of that time, but did put in some mid-grade for some Highway only driving at a station that seemed priced way high.