2014+ Leveling Kits

Everyone measure to the center of the wheel well opening on these trucks to determine level but should be measuring from the bottom of the cab at the front just behind the front wheel well and rear of the cab before the bed . The rear wheel well is actually cut higher than the front so when the openings are level the front of the truck is actually higher. If you measure the bed the rear of the bed by the tailgate is actually 1" taller than the front of the bed closest to the cab the only way to have the bed rails sit level is to have higher front end. These trucks don't have as much rake as everyone thinks, It's just a visual thing because of the taper on the bed and the higher opening of the rear wheel well. I put a 6' level on the running boards and it was dead level when the rear wheel well opening was about an inch higher than the front.

Woow great info man. I guess it narrows down to the eye. We can measure the wheel to fender but in the end its the step back appearance that we must like. I like a slight rake while others love the dead level style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got the level and new tires.. 2.25" level, 275/60 Open Country AT2's on OEM 20's. I'll try to take some better ones later on more level ground, and without the old tires in the back. Happy with the look.

how much space would you say you had with the 275 width wise? think you could fit 305s? what ucas do you have?

how much space would you say you had with the 275 width wise? think you could fit 305s? what ucas do you have?

I installed the 3.5" RC kit. I have 305/55R/20 with -24 offset. The tires do rub a bit in full lock backing out of my driveway. Idk if this helps at all.

2014 SLT 2wd

305/55/20 (33x12.5)

2.5 RC level (front only)

No clearance issues. Minimal rub at full lock on sway bar.

99d80a9197723a6fc41f083b10133f97.jpgfcb46a57786640f2bd63bd1249742db4.jpg3b169e8cc6aa0f1aa97a78507b8987db.jpg

Had the new tires mounted and balanced and truck re-aligned after a week of driving it with the 2.5 front only leveling and I had noticed the the truck had lost about 3/8" in height. Suspension settled and the alignment was way off.

• Like 1

I love those rims. Sharp truck!

Thanks for the likes. I searched long and hard to find a truck with these specific rims and Pearl White color because of intentions of a level and MT's. Very happy with how the mods turned out, so happy in fact I think I'm done. Would recommend it to anyone who's debating similar mods. And contrary to popular demand on this forum, the front air dam fender and the running boards are staying on until further. My leather seats are more important than the sleek look with the boards off.

Thanks for the likes. I searched long and hard to find a truck with these specific rims and Pearl White color because of intentions of a level and MT's. Very happy with how the mods turned out, so happy in fact I think I'm done. Would recommend it to anyone who's debating similar mods. And contrary to popular demand on this forum, the front air dam fender and the running boards are staying on until further. My leather seats are more important than the sleek look with the boards off.

7c751721d1f9c71faa0b54e4270bcf37.jpg

I'm a big fan of this look as well! I did post this pick on here already but...

It's nice to be able to hit a dirt road, drive over a curb, have boatloads of traction and not feel like I'm going to destroy my rims. Feels like a truck now.

I still want to tint the front windows and install a light bar behind the grill. Also Diablo goes in after Christmas.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

7c751721d1f9c71faa0b54e4270bcf37.jpg

I'm a big fan of this look as well! I did post this pick on here already but...

It's nice to be able to hit a dirt road, drive over a curb, have boatloads of traction and not feel like I'm going to destroy my rims. Feels like a truck now.

I still want to tint the front windows and install a light bar behind the grill. Also Diablo goes in after Christmas.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Tinted windshield is a must. This was my first tinted windshield vehicle and every vehicle I own from here on out will have it. I bought this truck used with very low miles and fortunately for me it already had tinted windshield and mild aftermarket exhaust, two additional mods i would have done anyways so it saved me some money and time. And I have seen the light vars mounted in the grill and they look really good, but I cannot stand the big mounted bars on the hoods for daily drivers. Like people are shining for hogs on side the road everywhere they go.

• Like 1

99d80a9197723a6fc41f083b10133f97.jpgfcb46a57786640f2bd63bd1249742db4.jpg3b169e8cc6aa0f1aa97a78507b8987db.jpg

Had the new tires mounted and balanced and truck re-aligned after a week of driving it with the 2.5 front only leveling and I had noticed the the truck had lost about 3/8" in height. Suspension settled and the alignment was way off.

Arnold,

That looks nice. I bought this one:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/154469-post-pics-of-your-2014/?p=1902540

But I had a hard time liking the wheels originally so I crudely Photoshopped four different custom wheels on a side view to see what they would look like. Didn't really like any of them and these OEM chrome that came with my truck are starting to grow on me. Besides the fact that swapping them out would been an expense I had not planned on.