2014+ Leveling Kits

I was specifically referring to the installation instructions. Motofab is a top down bolt installation and requires you to drop your ball joints to clear the CV axle during install. it sounds like RC is bottom up. Also RC is cast steel and Motofab is machined aluminum.

I can only speak to the accuracy of the Motofab info I'm posting as I don't have the RC.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I have the rough country 2" with stamped steel. It is also top down and requires you to drop the ball joints to install. My truck is 4wd also. Might be part of the issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I was specifically referring to the installation instructions. Motofab is a top down bolt installation and requires you to drop your ball joints to clear the CV axle during install. it sounds like RC is bottom up. Also RC is cast steel and Motofab is machined aluminum.

I can only speak to the accuracy of the Motofab info I'm posting as I don't have the RC.

The RC lower 2" spacer is composite, not steel and the only reason one bolt needs to go from the bottom up is because the half shaft is in the way to prevent the longer bolt from being inserted from the top. I dropped the upper ball joint on one side while installing but couldn't get the other side to release. On the side I dropped, I still couldn't get the bolt in through the top. It doesn't make any difference anyway as long as they're torqued properly to 37 ft lbs. One guy pulled his axle to get the bolts in from the top but it's fine putting them in the other way. Edited by '17 Sierra

Sorry to keep asking questions. I don't see any pics of the trimmed carpet on this forum from yesterday, or the past few days. I even searched your name. Sorry if I sound like a stalker. Are they posted somewhere else?

I agree, I'm shocked too to hear it rubs, even if just a little. Not what I've been reading about 275 60 20's. With the trimming, would you do the same size tire again, or go down to stock 20's in a Duratrac?

Thanks again,

Klappy

No worries man, happy to help... this forum is how I got what I wanted!

I would definitely do it again. Biggest downer was the mpg hit... Lost 3 mpg even with the corrected speedo. I have a Diablo intune.

Tapatalk keeps freezing every time I try to post the pic now... Let me see if I can link it.

EDIT: Page 354

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/161228-Post-your-2014+-wheel/tire-set-up&do=findComment&comment=1945763

Edited by Sierra Jon

The RC lower 2" spacer is composite, not steel and the only reason one bolt needs to go from the bottom up is because the half shaft is in the way to prevent the longer bolt from being inserted from the top. I dropped the upper ball joint on one side while installing but couldn't get the other side to release. On the side I dropped, I still couldn't get the bolt in through the top. It doesn't make any difference anyway as long as they're torqued properly to 37 ft lbs. One guy pulled his axle to get the bolts in from the top but it's fine putting them in the other way.

You don't have to pull the entire axle, just zap out the 15mm bolts holding the axles to the diff , push them aside and drop the bolts in. No need to mess with ball joints.

• Like 1

So I have a '17 1500 denali ultimate im planning on installing the suspension maxx 2.5 for the Magnetic ride but I was wondering what should I do with the rear and also what is the biggest tire I can use with the stock 22 wheels

Edited by dave8699

So I have a '17 1500 denali ultimate im planning on installing the suspension maxx 2.5 for the Magnetic ride but I was wondering what should I do with the rear and also what is the biggest tire I can use with the stock 22 wheels

I have the same vehicle. My advice is to go with the 2" level and leave the back alone. That's what I did and it looks perfect. If you go with 2.5" you will probably need to go from a 1" to 2" block in the rear, and then you will have more rake than the 2" level alone. Also with the magneride, my dealer told me it's best to stay under 2" - he said the angles start to change a bit too much once you start going bigger.

In terms of tires, I stuck with the factory ones. They are not bad at all - quiet, nice looking, and wearing well. You could potentially go to 295s with the 2" level and some have managed to put 305's, but the limitation will be the upper control arms and sway bars, not the height of the wheel well.

Hope this helps...

• Like 1

I have the same vehicle. My advice is to go with the 2" level and leave the back alone. That's what I did and it looks perfect. If you go with 2.5" you will probably need to go from a 1" to 2" block in the rear, and then you will have more rake than the 2" level alone. Also with the magneride, my dealer told me it's best to stay under 2" - he said the angles start to change a bit too much once you start going bigger.

In terms of tires, I stuck with the factory ones. They are not bad at all - quiet, nice looking, and wearing well. You could potentially go to 295s with the 2" level and some have managed to put 305's, but the limitation will be the upper control arms and sway bars, not the height of the wheel well.

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the advice what kit did you go with and did you have to recalibrate the mag suspension,do you have any pics

Thanks for the advice what kit did you go with and did you have to recalibrate the mag suspension,do you have any pics

I went with the Rough Country 2" kit designed for Magneride. It comes with little brackets that you use to reposition the sensors, so that it calibrates correctly. Pics are on my profile gallery. The dealer installed it for me.

^ Looks nice :)

The OP (dave8699) has 22's as he has the Denali Ultimate package. In that case, I'm guessing he can go with a 33" tire but mot much bigger.

We'll stock tire is 285/45/22 that's like a 32.1/11.2/22 so the biggest tire is probably about 1inch taller and 1in wider correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't seem like it's worth changing tire for that little bit of extra tire

We'll stock tire is 285/45/22 that's like a 32.1/11.2/22 so the biggest tire is probably about 1inch taller and 1in wider correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't seem like it's worth changing tire for that little bit of extra tire

Yes, conservatively, I would agree with that. You might be able to squeeze more, but it just depends. There seems to be some minor variation between individual trucks too. I was originally going to go with bigger tires, and when I saw the stock setup with the level, I thought it looks great as-is. Plus, unlike on the 20's and 18's, the factory tires on the 22's are larger (285 vs 275) and really nice. They are also an AT tire, not a regular tire, so unless you plan to go mudding (unlikely with 22's and a Denali) I don't think a change of tires is needed.

BTW, you should look up the piping mod and do it to your truck. Some blue piping would look sick that that blue exterior. I did the grey piping on mine and it looks amazing.