Truck at dealer, Should I request anything else while in?

My truck is at the dealer to get a bedliner installed tomorrow, sunroof repaired and a small door ding fixed from when the truck was on the lot. What other issues should I have them check for? I noticed my rear window is starting to rattle, when I open and close it the rattle goes away for about 5-10 mins then comes back. Is this common or should I have them check that as well?

Updates?

Tech Bulletins?

Any insight to those that have had their trucks in for common problems would be helpful!!

THANKS!

Sunroof repaired on a new truck? What is wrong with it?

There are these "accordion" type rubber trims on either side of the sunroof to cut out wind noise. Somehow the rubber didn't fold right and got ripped off the first time I opened the sunroof. It functions and operates properly, doesn't leak but the rubber piece just needs to be repaired.

There are these "accordion" type rubber trims on either side of the sunroof to cut out wind noise. Somehow the rubber didn't fold right and got ripped off the first time I opened the sunroof. It functions and operates properly, doesn't leak but the rubber piece just needs to be repaired.

I have read so much about the 2014's, you should read all the posts. Truck shaking at highway speeds, dash warping near defroster, 4WD problems, fuel mileage problems, shocks etc.etc. I ordered a new 2014 and am going to my dealer to cancel my order. There are way to many problems for me at my age. Some say they have none, I just can't gamble and hope I get a good one.

Wish you all the best with your's!

Maybe they will have it all fixed for 2015

I ordered a new 2014 and am going to my dealer to cancel my order. There are way to many problems for me at my age. Some say they have none, I just can't gamble and hope I get a good one.

Smart guy!

I have read so much about the 2014's, you should read all the posts. Truck shaking at highway speeds, dash warping near defroster, 4WD problems, fuel mileage problems, shocks etc.etc. I ordered a new 2014 and am going to my dealer to cancel my order. There are way to many problems for me at my age. Some say they have none, I just can't gamble and hope I get a good one.

I see how it can look for someone reading through a forum and seeing issues, but you have to remember for every 1 person posting there are 20-30 people with no issues. A lot of people, or maybe most people sign up because they have issues, I signed up because I needed help on how to install door handles.

I just got out of a 2012 F150 FX2 Fully Loaded, it was at the end of its 12-13 year run and it still had issues. It rattled like a damn can of bolts, tailgate squeaked so bad I couldn't open my rear window without going crazy. Point is, is that people will have issues but not everyone will have every single issue. I love the new silverado so far and wouldn't have gone any other direction knowing what I know now.

I see how it can look for someone reading through a forum and seeing issues, but you have to remember for every 1 person posting there are 20-30 people with no issues. A lot of people, or maybe most people sign up because they have issues, I signed up because I needed help on how to install door handles.

I just got out of a 2012 F150 FX2 Fully Loaded, it was at the end of its 12-13 year run and it still had issues. It rattled like a damn can of bolts, tailgate squeaked so bad I couldn't open my rear window without going crazy. Point is, is that people will have issues but not everyone will have every single issue. I love the new silverado so far and wouldn't have gone any other direction knowing what I know now.

I'm amazed how Ford trucks still have such a reputation for reliability and being tough. just ask anybody with a 5.4 about spark plug changes. Google Ecoboost stumble.

I'm amazed how Ford trucks still have such a reputation for reliability and being tough. just ask anybody with a 5.4 about spark plug changes. Google Ecoboost stumble.

I have read the posts, but then again my old boss has had two F150's with ecoboost motors and never has had a single hiccup. Ford I think holds that reputation based on the price/options you get. I had the same options essentially on my F150 as I do on my new Silverado, I paid 32k out the door with the F150 and $37,500 out the door with the Silverado.

I have read the posts, but then again my old boss has had two F150's with ecoboost motors and never has had a single hiccup. Ford I think holds that reputation based on the price/options you get. I had the same options essentially on my F150 as I do on my new Silverado, I paid 32k out the door with the F150 and $37,500 out the door with the Silverado.

Could be because you live in Texas, lot's of problems with moisture in the intercoolers up here in the winter. I have my doubts on the long term reliability of a twin turbo V6. I've pulled LS motors out of junkyards with 200-300'000 miles on them, put ARP stud kits in them, check the ring gap, drop them in another vehicle and they run perfect. I used to work at a Ford dealer so I have a bit of bias against them. It took them 15 years to build an OHC V8 that's worth a damn (Coyote). Those 4.6 and 5.4 mod motors were absolute junk. I'd rather work on a Volkswagon than those POS's. If it's my truck, give me a single cam NA pushrod V8. I don't want to deal with miles of timing chains, 4 camshafts or turbos.

The 2015's are probably already in the process. Probably a tweak to the grill to designate it as a 2015 and one new option. Just saying.

All fords and spark plugs, not only the ecoboost

Every vehicle has its own problems but as long as mine doesn't leave me stranded on the side of the road (like my ford did many times) I'm happy.

I have not had any problems yet with mine but I'm expecting there will be a couple here and there.

The 2015's are probably already in the process. Probably a tweak to the grill to designate it as a 2015 and one new option. Just saying.

I'll be pissed if there is a difference in the 2015 grille and/or options... I always gotta have the newest stuff!!!! (fatal flaw of mine lol)

Archived