2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I have a Bakflip MX4 for sale. New. One problem, the rods that hold it fully open are too long.  If you don't plan to open it or can fix it, this is the top for you at a big discount. Let's say $700 plus shipping.
101.thumb.jpg.e998ac6f754b949b3ab71507a84f29f2.jpg
102.thumb.jpg.919e93e63b7eab48a18a0e7eb2c78afa.jpg
Where are you located?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've had my Fold-a-cover installed for a few weeks now and wanted to report back. I opted for the tool caddy as well. All in with tax/shipping it was about $1,400.

Coming from a Chevy Avalanche, this combination works really well for me. Having the tool caddy allows me to store and Lock items away and still have the other three panels folded to carry larger items.

The tool caddy also sits about four to five in off the bed floor, so longer items can utilize the full bed length.

Thus far the system has been watertight through several torrential downpours.

2970d1ec9be17a7cea1961cf92baa4b4.jpg7588c3c20fb796f08ca2af60694b12e4.jpg38cd938aae32f0ca1627df19865bea8f.jpg

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've found this forum to be very informative.  I've been a lurker and not much of a poster.  I'd post this in another section, but I don't have enough posts.  I'm parting with my 16 slt crew short bed and thus have a Retrax Pro mx up for sale if anyone's interested.  I live on long island, ny and the truck is being traded in two weeks.  I'm going to be sad, but I can't have more than one large auto payment and it's the wife's turn to get something new.  $1200 neg.  

I installed a rollbak cover back in February. 

Tbe cover is overall made of ok materials. The can inside the bed is wavy and not the best but it can’t be seen.  The actual rolling/top cover is very nice and held up well in a hail storm that golf balled the rest of my truck. So kudos for toughness. 

As many of the reviews I read online, my cover has started to roll up by itself anytime I hit a bump. It used to just be major pot holes but now it’s rolling up so frequently I have to tie off the pull strap to keep it closed. 

Great idea and I love the versatility but I’d go with a roll n lock next time if I were ever to need to buy another cover. 

F1A6EBCA-8A5F-4B91-A335-FCA499D9409E.jpeg

Edited by squeak93

Agricover has great customer service for the Lomax.  I had one of the very first Lomax covers when they were introduces in Sept of 2016.  It had some issues with leaks.  Also had minor issues when folding back down to cover the bed where the latch jammed.  Plus the liner was coming apart.  I called Agricover recently.  They sent me another Lomax cover.  Here are some of the improvements I noticed.

- No More Leaks except for very small streaks

- The latch was redesigned and closing the cover is much much better.

- Redesigned brace that holds the cover in position when folded.  Much better design

- Has safety retention hook straps in the event the cover is folded and comes loose while driving

I can safely say I really like the Lomax now, especially since the leaking issue has improved so drastically.  

5 hours ago, TruckDaddy said:

I hope you got the Rollbak cheap, it's been discontinued for a while now.

I paid $700 or so for it. Given it’s faults and the price I have no real complaints.  If I remember correctly everything I was looking at was around $1200 maybe? 

On 8/23/2018 at 4:52 PM, MT Groove said:

Agricover has great customer service for the Lomax.  I had one of the very first Lomax covers when they were introduces in Sept of 2016.  It had some issues with leaks.  Also had minor issues when folding back down to cover the bed where the latch jammed.  Plus the liner was coming apart.  I called Agricover recently.  They sent me another Lomax cover.  Here are some of the improvements I noticed.

I recently installed my Lomax, and I'm very pleased so far!  Summary:

Customer service: 1 of the rails had a slight scratch in it, I called them, and they sent me 2 ENTIRE rail assemblies! 

Install: very easy. I'm used to having to tweak a cover's rails, etc to get them to work properly initially, but this one latched perfectly the first time.

Look: very low profile, super slick looking.  The powder-coated (?) aluminum panels might scratch, but no issues so far.

Folding: unlatch works easily, and panels fold easily too.  Latching the fully folded group to the front works ok, but could be improved a bit.

I do wish I could "hinge" the folded group of panels up vertically like the BakFlip, but that would prob change their design too drastically.

Weight: I have a full 6.5' bed, so when I remove the Lomax it's a bit heavy/awkward to handle alone, but I don't fully remove it often so no big issue.

Leaks: no leaks yet, but only a couple average rain storms so far.

Cost: affordable, all things considered.  $715 delivered   (TruckAlterations.com)

On 8/13/2018 at 8:27 AM, CKrado said:

Where are you located?

On 8/13/2018 at 8:27 AM, CKrado said:

Where are you located?

I have the same issue. bak is replacing mine ..