Center console swap?

i can't seem to get my front USB connections working. Ive ran power to them at pin #4 and #6 but tapping into the wiring for the cig lighter up front and i ran a USB from it to the GREEN open slot on the HMI module? I plug something into it and get nothing. If i test power i have good power so thats not my issue; I'm assuming my problem lies somewhere in the USB connection or possibly am i plugging it into the wrong spot on the HMI module? (as far as i remember that is the only open slot on my HMI…)

when you say you can't get the front USB connections to work, you mean for charging? You have it plugged into the right usb connection, make sure it is all the way in. The cable is was using I had to trim the bulk head of the cable for it to go in. Try connecting into the black usb connection to the right of the green one and see if you get charging, if you don't then try a different cable.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I dont know if anyone could actually answer this. Any idea if a Suburban center console could be used to replace my factory console? Also I see multiple part numbers for a factory 2015 Silverado CC black console, which is the correct to my truck console please? I want to do some mods...

EDIT. I just looked at mine, no way this will fit. What is the factory part number for my console please? I ahve seen a few numbers...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Factory-New-OEM-GM-Tahoe-Suburban-Center-Console-Assembly-Jet-Black-23467971-/141696611131?vxp=mtr&hash=item20fdc6b33b

Edited by Gabe63

• 2 weeks later...

Would the 2015 center console fit into a 2014. It's the same truck I would assume it would

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AFAIK there were no interior changes from 2014-2015-2016. Some of the options like charging lid on the 2016 may make a difference in the wiring required.

Edited by crewl1

• 2 weeks later...

Would the 2015 center console fit into a 2014. It's the same truck I would assume it would

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Large connector for the console is different on '15s

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the info on this topic. I just finished swapping in a center console in place of the jump seat in my 2015 Silverado. Things went pretty smoothly with the instructions provided on an earlier post and I'm in the same boat in terms of what electrical outlets are/aren't working. I used the jump seat harness with the new console and the only real modifications I made were to remove some of the tape to maneuver the wires a bit. I didn't bother with the LED light. The only issues I had were that the front 16mm bolt holes didn't line up perfect with the new console, although the rears were fine and it connected to the front bracket correctly so it's probably good enough. I might make a notch at the bottom of the console's right side to give a little more clearance for the exiting wire harness.

If anyone is interested in doing the opposite (swapping out center console in favor of the jump seat), my jump seat minus its original harness is available, in addition to the intact center console harness (I did not modify it in any way). It's jet black with white stitching.

Thanks again to all the contributors.