Center console swap?

I was finally able to get my console installed, the advice on this thread was great. I didn't feel confident enough with the USB's to attack this myself so I brought it to a audio shop. They were able to get everything working while using a combination of the two harnesses. This was great swap and I recommend it to anyone on the fence.

I have a black leather jump seat that Im looking to sell, PM if interested.

I always wanted a RCSB with buckets and a center console...

Received and installed mine yesterday. Very straight forward, thanks for all who posted instructions and part numbers.

Possibly to help others, here are the part numbers I used...

22995066 Console - Jet Black w/chrome handle (inside 2 USB, 1 SD card slot, aux jack, 1 12V outlet) (rear 1 12V outlet)

22995093 Plate - Synthesis (front 2 12V outlets, 3 USB) with cup holder

22817347 Panel - Black (right)

22817349 Panel - Black (left)

22776807 Bracket (was told by two suppliers this is no longer available from GM)

Installed without bracket to dash for now. Console is very solid with no movement or vibration at all.

I did not need to remove either of the seats.

Used the harness from my jump seat and spliced in console lead to rear 12V outlet.

Existing 12V in dash split for two front outlets with console light powered from these outlets as well.

Everything works except the front USB's.

Photos...

Hey man I really need your help! I have a rscb with bench seat. I'm buying a center console. But also I have a custom ported sub box behind the passenger seat,but the sub is directly behind the center console. I just want to know how long the new center console is compared to the bench. Is it longer? Or shorter? From the top rear end of the my bench seat to the top front where the dash meets I have about 31 and a half inches to 32 inches

Hope this helps...

Mine measures 32" from the dash to the rear top edge of the console. The back of the console curves further back some as it goes towards the floor. The space behind the console to the back of the cab (carpet panel) is about 7" at the top and 5" half way down to the floor.

Hope this helps...

Mine measures 32" from the dash to the rear top edge of the console. The back of the console curves further back some as it goes towards the floor. The space behind the console to the back of the cab (carpet panel) is about 7" at the top and 5" half way down to the floor.

Thanks alot man! This helps alot

i can't seem to get my front USB connections working. Ive ran power to them at pin #4 and #6 but tapping into the wiring for the cig lighter up front and i ran a USB from it to the GREEN open slot on the HMI module? I plug something into it and get nothing. If i test power i have good power so thats not my issue; I'm assuming my problem lies somewhere in the USB connection or possibly am i plugging it into the wrong spot on the HMI module? (as far as i remember that is the only open slot on my HMI…)

• Like 1

As far as connecting wires for console light and switch, I read on a post that someone connected (spliced) the wires to the cigarette lighter in the front of the console. I would need to run wire to the front so obviously i would need to get donor wire from the console harness, but does it matter what size wire. Should it be the same size or would it need a thicker size wire (gauge wise). I should have left the white/black wire intact as it would have reached the front and the black one was spliced into 2 other wires with a larger one going to the front.

Thanks

post-125084-0-25583000-1443895820_thumb.jpg

Edited by jcastyo
  • Like 1

Is there a solution to the USB ports not playing music?

I don't think there is anything plug/wire wise to get data through the front usb ports at least for the 2014 without floor console. I don't know if anyone has tried this already but I took the usb connector from the jump seat and plugged in the 6 pin connector using the red and black for power and connected a usb cable to the black connector on the hmi and I got music playing. I moved the usb connection to the green port and nothing, only charge.

I think either it is software (programming) to disable/enable the data bus or the pins for the usb connector are not connected on the circuit board within the hmi. I am tempted to open the hmi to look at how the usb connections are done. Also the blue usb connection gives display on the lcd screen.

Edited by jcastyo