What have you done to your K2 today?

Also got the waste gate (my version of exhaust cutout) opening at 8PSI. Did a little quick pull. Its a lot raspier than I expected. The boost did dropped a little bit from what I can tell on the gauge, about 0.5-1psi.
888e1428203e723dfca6b8975fdfa70b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a sweet setup.
My first Duramax twenty years ago scared the shitte out of me when the wastegate opened the first time I poured the coal to it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

why would opening a cutout make your boost go down 

Wastegate is usually use to regular boost for turbo system.... I’m actually running a supercharger... which doesn’t use wastegate to regular boost. BUTTTT I’m running an aftermarket 3.5” cat and planning to up my power to about 750-800HP.... and 3.5” exhaust is too restrictive in my opinion for that power level... let alone the cat... it’ll be soooo restrictive with the cat. Soooooo I added a wastegate to relieve exhaust pressure right before the cat.

The boost (on the gauge which is tapped into the intake runner) goes down because it’s more free flowing. The easier the exhaust move, the less pressure will be in the intake side. But that doesn’t mean I’m losing HP... if anything I’m making more power.

It’s like adding a better flowing cam. Swapping a cam out will definitely drop my boost shown on the gauge. But without swapping my pullies, I will probably make another 50-75HP with boost gauge showing 2-4 PSI less.

Hope that clears it up. I know I’m not the best at explaining things. Sometime I even confuse people more haha.

I was under the impression that the wastegate relieves pressure when there is too much boost to prevent a big kaboom.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That is correct if I’m running a turbo. I added a wastegate using it more like a cutout and relieves exhaust “back pressure”.

12 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

You don't see this often.
What do they do ? Salt the piss out it?
The can't have too many plows in Dallas.4e0be8f4b1b01e63632518e171d2260b.jpg

here in Central California it's mid 60's low 70's the rest of ya'll freezing except Florida 

1 minute ago, dieselfan1 said:

Yea but you live in California emoji2957.png

lol, ya I wish I could leave this place but it's warm enough usually and I make a living otherwise I would be in Florida (maybe), Oregon is not to bad but no work there

• Like 1