What have you done to your K2 today?

Finally got around to finishing the wiring install for my under hood lights. It was just hokey before, I pulled the heat mat down and used zip tie bases to route it under there and covered the exposed part with plastic wrap crap, then ran it behind hinge.

2cdeab359fcea2de5be29b277caecd3b.jpg

b31a0fa7c5c6d59559cad1f60794327d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do you have pictures of this at night (sorry if you did post.. must have missed it)

do you have pictures of this at night (sorry if you did post.. must have missed it)

Sure here is when it's dark out, no other lighting

0e41050465335b737a934509a539152b.jpg

940a41e9850985ecb7f38ddf70814f6d.jpg

• Like 9

Installed new 20” wheels.

bad7dc2611ae89a8a22a631b12a0eb9d.jpg06ec0110e09062ffe83b688c706e81cc.jpg

looks good , stay out of car washes ( wheel brushes will damage the finish) - touch less or hand wash

• Like 2

I truly love these lights you installed. Trick and functional like all the best mods are!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thank you! They work very well, better than I thought they would ha

ok, i hate to have to ask this/bring it up again, BUT:

Ive just spent the last hour looking thru this thread and others in the 2500 forums and havent found an exact answer. Seem those that did this mod to their trucks its been so long ago, their photobucket account pics cant be displayed anymore, so here are my 2 questions about running board lights:

1. Drivers side i came thru the boot where the e-brake comes into the cab to get the wire under the truck, on the passenger side, where the heck did you guys come thru to get it into the cab?

2. Which wire is it that i'm supposed to tap into that allows those lights to come on when the door is opened, when the unlock button is pressed on remote, and i'm assuming come on whenever the dome lite comes on?

Sorry for bringing this back up, but this 2017 is so different from my 2003 i just sold to get this one, i'm stumped.

I just did mine about a month ago...

1- on the passenger at the same location as the boot on the driver's side, there is a plastic grommet. Drill a small hole just barely big enough to fit your wire through and dab some caulk on it in the end if u want. I didn't. Nothing's gonna get in and I didn't have any handy at the time

2- I used one of the grey wires in the black box in the driver's footwell. Look through posts and you should find the wire. It'll be on the dome circuit and they'll work with unlock, open, and flipping the dome rocker to "On". However, if they don't light up, check your ground connection. It took me so long guessing and retapping the grey wire in all the different spots. I used a multimeter and found out the bolt I was using for the ground was a did. Moved it one over and good to go.

Once my a.c. guy leaves I can take some pics for you if you need them

• Like 1

I just did mine about a month ago...

1- on the passenger at the same location as the boot on the driver's side, there is a plastic grommet. Drill a small hole just barely big enough to fit your wire through and dab some caulk on it in the end if u want. I didn't. Nothing's gonna get in and I didn't have any handy at the time

2- I used one of the grey wires in the black box in the driver's footwell. Look through posts and you should find the wire. It'll be on the dome circuit and they'll work with unlock, open, and flipping the dome rocker to "On". However, if they don't light up, check your ground connection. It took me so long guessing and retapping the grey wire in all the different spots. I used a multimeter and found out the bolt I was using for the ground was a did. Moved it one over and good to go.

Once my a.c. guy leaves I can take some pics for you if you need them

Wiring location (dimmer is for my footwell lights)

Location using for tapping into wiring

grey wire used for dome circuit

Dome light wire

Ground bolt that worked for me

Ground used for lighting

Passenger side grommet used for wire entry/exit

Wire entry/exit for passenger running board lights (Interior)

Underneath view of same grommet

Wire entry/exit for passenger running board lights (Exterior)

Completed product- might relocate them to bottom side of the running boars because I don't really like seeing them from certain angles- just ran wiring to add some under hitch

Running Boards and Lights Pt.1

Running Boards and Lights Pt.3

Edited by EGreenleaf42
  • Like 2

Do the door sills just snap up? I tried the get them up to gain access to the underside of the carpet, and swore it was going to break if I pulled any harder, but I saw no screws holding them in place

Yeah just pull up a little bit and it'll unsnap a couple of them and then you'll pull away from the front to unsnap the front ones on the vertical part. It's easy. Nothing to worry about after you've done it once