Why is there no 4x4 dash indicator light ??

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's ridiculous that with the 3" and 8" display GM didn't think it a icon was needed or was important enough to take up space on all that screen, I guess they didn't want to copy Ford 100% on the dash so they left it out. The roads have been bad all winter and I'm always going in and out of auto and 4 wheel. The other day I needed auto to get some traction pulling out into traffic and the road was dry after that, I drove 20 miles before I realized I forgot to take it out of auto. The truck feels the same in auto as 2 wheel so it's hard to tell with the tiny light on the dial. We can pause and rewind live radio but heaven forbid show you what your tranfercase is in other then the tiny LED.

I think it's ridiculous that with the 3" and 8" display GM didn't think it a icon was needed or was important enough to take up space on all that screen, I guess they didn't want to copy Ford 100% on the dash so they left it out. The roads have been bad all winter and I'm always going in and out of auto and 4 wheel. The other day I needed auto to get some traction pulling out into traffic and the road was dry after that, I drove 20 miles before I realized I forgot to take it out of auto. The truck feels the same in auto as 2 wheel so it's hard to tell with the tiny light on the dial. We can pause and rewind live radio but heaven forbid show you what your tranfercase is in other then the tiny LED.

on the initial transfer the truck tells you, but after that no. then again like said how hard is it to glance over and see what mode you are in? The only time I am in auto or 4x4 is if there is ice or the wet white stuff on the ground. Once the roads clear up I am in 2wd mode.

on the initial transfer the truck tells you, but after that no. then again like said how hard is it to glance over and see what mode you are in? The only time I am in auto or 4x4 is if there is ice or the wet white stuff on the ground. Once the roads clear up I am in 2wd mode.

Same here, not hard to look at the selector dial.....

You guys are like so spoiled. There's a light, you know on the knob YOU turned to put it in either 2 or 4WD, would you like an indicator light to tell you you put the radio on too, or is the noise coming out the speakers good enough? How about a windshield washer light, do you need that or the flapping back and forth do the trick?

There's already a light on the knob why would you need another one? If you can't tell when you're in 4WD you probably shouldn't be using it...

Archived