I am replacing my belt tensioner. I can not find a place where it is bolted in. I thought that it was right in the middle of the actual tensioner but it's not. It look like there is some very large screw? Which nothing else I read or watched mentioned

I sold my Jimmy in 2004 so I'm way foggy but do you have a new one? Compare the two and see where the bolt holes are. I want to say it has two or maybe three small bolts along the outside diameter.

Bolt is in the center of the tensioner spring case. There is a locator pin on the back to make sure it is installed in the correct position. The bolt head may be recessed on some models

3670198_dns_89211_pri_detl.jpg

Btw, some tensioners may have left-hand threaded bolt.......

The pin is on the back.

Here is your answer more than likely. Internal bolt possible with a torx head. This vid is not specifically for your application but answers a lot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZcmoJUWYkg

Can you get a picture of the the tensioner and the bolt hole.

I messed with 88 and up s10/15 and haven't run into the problem your having, but they have been different tensioner design

Hey sorry I've been busy. But it was a torx bit that I needed to get it out. Wasn't a regular bolt. Anyways I went and bought the bit and it was so tight that it popped out and stripped the bolt so now i'm stuck with that problem.

Archived